Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did some research.
There are two model Ss here 2021 and 2022 model. All other options were same just the odometer is 98 for 21 and <50 for 22. Looks like the picture of headlight is different which seems like 21 as regular and 22 as matrix. Many people said that the model year doesn’t really matters to Tesla cars but seems like it does. This is example on model S but I guess it will be the same for X as well since those are from same company, Tesla.
Pictures from existing stock on Tesla.com.
9B36A15D-FA62-4573-9BD5-F24C70170840.jpeg

Edit: As you know, also the exterior colors are different but same price option.

Has anyone been successful in getting Tesla to add the fobs at delivery? Kind of annoyed they got ride of them. The fob is more efficient and quicker than pulling my phone out, opening the app, and finding the correct FWD door to open.
I don’t think it’s set in stone. Handful of guys didn’t get keys could just be a shortage. Tesla is notorious for delivering cars with parts missing.

Has anyone been successful in getting Tesla to add the fobs at delivery? Kind of annoyed they got ride of them. The fob is more efficient and quicker than pulling my phone out, opening the app, and finding the correct FWD door to open.
I expect they will politely decline to provide them free of charge and will direct you to the page on their site where you can order them. I think their belief is that many people will never use them (like me) and it’s a waste of money to supply them to all new orders when you have similar functionality with phone key.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I don’t think it’s set in stone. Handful of guys didn’t get keys could just be a shortage. Tesla is notorious for delivering cars with parts missing.
Tesla has announced that they will no longer provide them. There was a link to this many pages back in this thread.

Reactions: Alex310 and bobusn
Tesla has announced that they will no longer provide them. There was a link to this many pages back in this thread.

That sucks! I just sold my model X plaid and gave the owner the keys. Before you guys ask I wanted a white interior had black before. Guess I lose radar & keys.

I wonder how many orders there were where the person who placed the order forgot about it, or just doesn't want the car anymore. Obviously that's not the mentality of the people visiting this forum every day, but we here don't necessarily represent the majority viewpoint. It's shady AF that they're sneaking these holds into peoples' accounts though.

The good news is that every order that gets cancelled through this hold thing is putting us one VIN closer to finally getting ours!

Also placed on hold today. When I clicked I'm Ready my EDD stayed the same at July 27-Aug 16. For those of you who financed from DCU, how long did the process take? Should I get started with an account now and actually apply when the car is at the service center?
You should have your account already in place. You can probably get a turn around of 48-72 hours on application to check delivery. Tough to say when to "apply". I did. that after I got a VIN and they sent me a check. Turned out to be the wrong car. I had to send the check, they "cancelled" the loan and I had to reapply after the correct car came in.