Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, just received a vin, tonight. No alert, no text or email. An hour ago I had no VIN with EDD of 9/6/22-9/21/22. Now I have vin 7SAX...NF356xxx with EDD of 8/21-827.

Glad to see some action but of course my trade in quote is supposed to expire today. It seems like the recent vins have been NF358. I wonder why this one is 356xxx. I want to make sure it has the tilting screen etc. I'd assume so...
I received a vin last Sunday morning and it is the same as yours (NF356xxx).

Oh ok cool. Thank you. So weird how serial numbers wouldn’t be “serial/sequential”…oh well.
Even if they were sequential when they leave the factory, it doesn't mean by the time they get to their destination it will be and people report them on the internet, it would be sequential. Logistics are going to be different to different parts of the country. The train to your part of the country might be behind, the transport from the yard to your local DC might be behind, etc. I don't think anyone should be sweating +/- 1,000 or so. They produce about a thousand of these things each week, literally you may just be 1 wk off.

Reactions: Elixir and Hebert
Even if they were sequential when they leave the factory, it doesn't mean by the time they get to their destination it will be and people report them on the internet, it would be sequential. Logistics are going to be different to different parts of the country. The train to your part of the country might be behind, the transport from the yard to your local DC might be behind, etc. I don't think anyone should be sweating +/- 1,000 or so. They produce about a thousand of these things each week, literally you may just be 1 wk off.
Excellent points. An earlier serial number may get to me in Charlotte later than a later serial number for someone in California.

Reactions: Evfan0630
I ordered my Plaid about 3 weeks after you and am in Texas. I am sitting here wondering when it will be my turn. :) I am guessing my "final" EDD would be around the first couple of weeks in Sept. My EDD currently shows August 27-Sept 17.
I would imagine you are right around the corner. Three days ago my EDD was August 28 through September 18. Two days ago it switched to September 6-27th. Then last night it updated to August 21-27 with the VIN

Reactions: timberlights
NO. August 18, 2022, delivery with VIN 7SAXCDE55NF3567XX, LR, Silver, Cream, 20", FSD, sent to the East Coast (2 week transport time).
But my VIN is getting old with numbers now up to NF3584XX so perhaps there is hope for pockets behind the front seats in more recent builds.
We’ve got the exact same build and I’m also East coast. Except we have 6 seat ordered.

Also, are you able to share any pictures of your X? I’ve yet to see one with this exact build of cream interior with MSM color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evfan0630
I wonder if the dealer attached the plaid sticker to this 7 seater LR or someone sold it to them as a Plaid and they didn't know any better

Using VIN decoder, VIN Decoder – TeslaTap
check 8th digit (5) that's for P2 Dual Motor! not a Tri Motor

Using VIN decoder, VIN Decoder – TeslaTap
check 8th digit (5) that's for P2 Dual Motor! not a Tri Motor
Yeah all of the information says it's LR including HP etc which I suspect they put a VIN in the computer and it makes it all up for the dealer. I'm just wondering if they really think it's a Plaid tri motor or do they think all refresh are Plaids and calling it that in hopes to maybe dupe someone. Lastly is pure ignorance and plaid bc they think all new are and they aren't trying to dupe anyone. None of those are a good look.

Yeah all of the information says it's LR including HP etc which I suspect they put a VIN in the computer and it makes it all up for the dealer. I'm just wondering if they really think it's a Plaid tri motor or do they think all refresh are Plaids and calling it that in hopes to maybe dupe someone. Lastly is pure ignorance and plaid bc they think all new are and they aren't trying to dupe anyone. None of those are a good look.
Reminds me of the last 10 seconds of this clip.

Warning NSFW Language

I received a vin last Sunday with an EDD of August 23-29th. Today, the EDD changed to August 23-25th. No text about leaving the factory or a text about scheduling delivery. My EDD starts in three days. I have an MVPA, financing is set and my trade has been confirmed. I want to get excited but I have been reading this forum for a long time and I will believe it when I see it.