Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All

Long time lurker. First time posting. My 2018 Model X lease ended on March 15th, 2021. My lazy ass placed an order for a new Model X only by March 1st, 2021. At that time they allowed extending my lease from month to month till my new car comes in. I get a call on October 28th to switch from 7 to 6 and we agree that day.

My configuration is White Long Range, 20-inch wheels, black interior, and FSD. I think my chance of getting a VIN before year-end is non-existent as they are already collecting lease income from me and why sell to a guy who is already giving you money.

Hoping I am wrong.

All of those cars from the test track produced prior to November 1 have to get moved out. I wonder if it has to do with interior / exterior color - in the first few flyovers, we didn't see very many Blue/Red, so I imagine those folks got 2022 VINs for sure... White interiors also seem to be getting 2022 VINs

But once again, I have not been tracking the data. Maybe we should all jump back in and update the spreadsheet. Let me find the link and re-post it.
I think I am one of the very few White interior 2021 Vins

We've got a little club here. I'm also in Oregon, ordered Jan 27th, got the call to switch to 6 seater on October 18th... fingers crossed they come through before the end of the year. FWIW I did talk to the delivery center here in Portland today, and they confirmed they've already delivered about half a dozen refreshed Model X's so they are coming...
Yeah, it looks like there's an OR group, a WA group, an AZ group... All congratulating our friends while we cry silently into our pillows at night lol.
george-michael-have-faith.gif

Thought I will provide an update. To recap, Fremont based, Ordered Feb 6th, Changed to 6-seater in oct, got my VIN on 11/26. EDD vanished from Jan to TBD.
I got the Loan application link after I reached out to my SA. Applied and got approval in less than a minute. Added insurance details.
Currently, I do not have a Delivery date. Website asks me to use tesla app to complete the rest of the formalities. My SA just mentioned I need to wait for Delivery team to reach out with the date. "Schedule Delivery Appointment" and "Make Final Payment" tabs are inactive at this point for me.
I know. I am being impatient! Just that it seems so near, yet so far!!

Update: SA emailed and said the final payment link will be active 24-48 hours once the delivery team confirms the date. Hope someone who is taking delivery soon can confirm.
What is your loan interest rate and length?

I have a theory for why Plaids aren’t being delivered yet (however unlikely it might be):

They have seen performance of Model S brakes and are reluctant to throw similar product on heavier vehicles. Perhaps contemplating whether to offer *free* carbon ceramic brake upgrades, or require purchasers to upgrade to them (which wouldn’t go well for obvious reasons).

However unlikely, if this were the case, I would hope (expect) that they would upgrade for agreed upon price.

Thoughts?
Interesting!
Here's another super geeky engineering video on the uniqueness of the Plaid MS. It is the first production car that can accelerate faster than it can decelerate. That is a big deal for many MANY reasons. Add some extra weight and it could be dangerous.

Reactions: Zygote1975
I contacted my advisor about the 2K discount and he told me it will not show up until 72 hours before delivery.
I already got approval for Tesla financing and ready to make the down payment.
I asked Tesla to change lender (US Bank) to one of the banks I'm using that they are working with so it's easier to make payment.
Hope to make headway this week and get a delivery schedule a week from now.
What is your loan interest rate and length?

Nope, not yet. Was promised a December delivery, so getting antsy as I want to beat the luxury tax that's coming on January 1st.
Exactly the same concern here, I really want to avoid the luxury tax, that's why I agreed to the 6 seater change. I ordered the plaid instead hoping to get a faster delivery. Wasn't expecting it to be a situation where it seems more and more unlikely that I'll get a VIN this year even after being promised for picking the more expensive model. I would've gone for the LR instead if I knew it would come sooner.