Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No nor blue
I got my Red VIN on 11/26. EDD is Dec 10th. Fremont. I mean, for now. Hasnt disappeared yet. I see Title docs etc on my account. So, keeping my fingers crossed.
1638425204789.png

Based on weather or not they anticipate delivery in December or January. Got my VIN yesterday. Was supposed to get the car in January. I know it will be here in December. My first X was the opposite...ready for delivery in Dec 2016. I said I didn't want it until Jan so it would be a 2017, so it was reclassified. I guess I don't care as much this time. It would help resale if you get a January 2022

The month or year you take delivery doesn’t determine the cars year. Your VIN determines the cars year.

Reactions: TWENT2 and NGKempf
haha very funny. I am seriously disappointed though. I called tesla service yesterday and they told me my SA will call me today and email me... no text, email, or call. I literally just want to know where my car is. I wanted to know if January EDD switching to TBD is good or bad. Hopefully i can just get an answer out of my SA, whether it's good news or bad news.
They don't know. Patience

My VIN received yesterday disappeared too. Gray, white int, 6 seat....yahoo. Hopefully that means they're shipping it somewhere else in Dec and I'll get a Jan 2022 VIN. As I was just mentioning...better resale.
I sold my Jan 2017 MX to Carmax in August
As @flippingrich mentioned, your VIN determines the model year, not the delivery date. Most VINs since 11/25 have been 2022 VINs (the N in the VIN denotes 2022, while M denotes 2021). irrespective of when the delivery happens.
To be specific, 10th alphabet denotes your model year. example my VIN 7SAXCBE57NF3275XX. All docs on my account point to a 22 model year. TBH personally, I dont think it matters with 2021 or 22. When you sell it down the line, Its a refresh model X close to release date.

My VIN received yesterday disappeared too. Gray, white int, 6 seat....yahoo. Hopefully that means they're shipping it somewhere else in Dec and I'll get a Jan 2022 VIN. As I was just mentioning...better resale.
I sold my Jan 2017 MX to Carmax in August

Since you were assigned a VIN what was the 10th digit? If it was an M then you are getting a 2021. If it was an N then you are getting a 2022. Makes no difference if you choose to have the car you were assigned delivered in December or January.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on here almost daily since April but I've never posted since I never had anything meaningful to contribute to this group. Seeing folks in Houston becoming VINners has me excited but sadly there's no love for me yet.

On Mar 11, 2021, I ordered my MX in MSM, Black, 5 seat, and 20" rims, I originally had FSD but decided to remove it. On October 13 I received the call to swap to the 6 seater, which I accepted. It took a day or two for the price to change and I never noticed until today that the "order placed" field changed to the same date I made the swap. Is everyone who changed to the 6 seater in the same boat or do I need to start frantically calling someone?!

Thanks!
Congrats 🎉🎊🍾 hopefully you can keep your pricing
Tesla just took away my Free supercharging and said tough luck that was an error. Even though no communication since October 2020 SA that is no longer employed with Tesla. They gave me a MVPA with a VIN and pretty much said again tough luck. We have plenty of other customer that will pay the premium price 😤.

Attachments

• 9BEA0DBE-AD9A-423F-9FAF-6A94EE122768.jpeg
    9BEA0DBE-AD9A-423F-9FAF-6A94EE122768.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Inflighttodd
I'm from Belgium and I check every day my app but we are far far away from US VINner's. Congratulations to all of you ! I'm super excited and I hope to see my X by mid 2022...
When you see the 2018 global sales on wikipedia, it's about 50k X's. On carsalesbase.com, for 2018, European sales are about 5000 X's so only 10% of global sales, maybe we can have some hope?

I'm from Belgium and I check every day my app but we are far far away from US VINner's. Congratulations to all of you ! I'm super excited and I hope to see my X by mid 2022...
When you see the 2018 global sales on wikipedia, it's about 50k X's. On carsalesbase.com, for 2018, European sales are about 5000 X's so only 10% of global sales, maybe we can have some hope?
I hear you from Sweden! I recently talked to a Tesla salesperson here and they thought it would be closer to end of 2022… 🤯 So in the meantime I’ll enjoy all fancy photos and videos from lucky people across the ocean 😊