Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not at all how the sales guy aggressively sold me on this car last summer. I was very clear I needed it by a drop dead date, and he “promised” me he would make it happen. This was my intro to a new car brand. Coming from BMWs and Mercedes, where dealers tend to have the inventory to back up such promises, I took this lovely fellow at his word.

Funny, he doesn’t answer my calls or emails and it must be my fault for believing him.
Well... you had a "drop dead date"... so what happened when that date passed?

Congratulations @stkgator ,

Red, Cream, and 7 seats???
Really close to mine with 5 seats...

Unless I missed your conversion to 6 seats...

Have a cold one on me...

Shawn
I "paid" for the upgrade from 7- to 6-seat with the assurance of an EOY delivery;-) Although, I am not really upset as my original VIN was a 2021 model year - and I was concerned that it may have had more build issues since it would have been an early VIN.

Reactions: UCF3
Service has, so far, also been truly outstanding even amongst the people-pleaser luxury brand service departments I've become accustomed to.
The service department experience for me over the past 4 years has been very good. The mobile service is truly amazing! Getting flat tires taken care of has also been great.

My experience is in OC, California, Boston area and Madison, WI...

These very positive experiences were a factor in ordering my 2nd and 3rd Tesla.

Screenshot_20220107-192218_Chrome.jpg

Y’all (@Stro etc ) if you’re really under the gun to get a car now, don’t feel damned to gas cars. The Model Y is a pretty dapper if you can live with its limitations for a while until you upgrade to the X!View attachment 753229
I’m not in dire need unlike others. I have my M3 to hold me over. MY looks like a dead frog to me. I just can’t get something so hideous.

I was ninja'd by @Grassright

1500 wh/mile is easy if you are stuck in place in a snowstorm and only move a few miles over the course of hours while running the heat.
Umm, if you aren't moving but consuming energy then the Wh/mile metric is not particularly relevant.

The question is what is your hourly consumption, and if it's 1.5 KW in a single hour then that's about 1.5% on the battery in a LR X.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I’m not in dire need unlike others. I have my M3 to hold me over. MY looks like a dead frog to me. I just can’t get something so hideous.
In my opinion the Model 3 in red is sexy AF.
The Model S is wow also.

Tbh I’m not a huge fan of the Model Y looks or the Model X for that matter. But, in the absence of other options for seven seats, it’s at least IMO, dapper. 😄

Each family is different and I think most of the 5 or 7 seater orders are for families. In my case I have 3 kids and occasional visits by grandparents which make the 7 seater a necessity. If Tesla is not planning to make a 7 seater that is fine, but a 6 seater will not work in my family situation and I won’t buy. Also I don’t want to convince one of my kids to sit in the third row for each trip.
I’m in the same boat and it would really suck if 7 seater isn’t available. Frankly, don’t even know which other car brand to buy….once drive Tesla can’t undo the experience.

The one thing that I am mad about is that In early January ‘21 right after the X and S lines were shut down for “retooling” I sold my 7 seater X 100D with about 60K miles for $65k. In anticipation of a refresh model around the corner, and a worry that once a refresh comes out, the value of current X’s will suffer.

Boy…was I wrong about this!
I know. Although I think the refresh is a step change, I did consider buying a used pre-refresh X to hold me over… until I saw the prices. 😳😳

In my opinion the Model 3 in red is sexy AF.
The Model S is wow also.

Tbh I’m not a huge fan of the Model Y looks or the Model X for that matter. But, in the absence of other options for seven seats, it’s at least IMO, dapper. 😄
Yea. My M3 is red and I love it. I have faith that we will see some movement this month. Also, the last thing I want is tracking two EDDs that mean nothing.