Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered model X on Jan 20th and updated to the refresh the day after refresh was announced... My original delivery estimate was March 3rd - March 31st, and then that delivery estimate went away... And now this morning my rep told me "We do not have a firm ETA at the moment for the new Model X's - it is right now tentatively May/June."
🥴

I ordered model X on Jan 20th and updated to the refresh the day after refresh was announced... My original delivery estimate was March 3rd - March 31st, and then that delivery estimate went away... And now this morning my rep told me "We do not have a firm ETA at the moment for the new Model X's - it is right now tentatively May/June."
🥴
Sounds about right. The same thing happened when we order our X75. We ordered in Mid Feb 2018. The original delivery date was early April, We picked up the car in late May.

8E0CAE70-8E92-4198-9B75-1E2BE748E3A2.jpeg

The wait is getting to me. Local MB dealer just got a nice new gls 580 in stock, it would be nice to have a bigger car again. I think I am going to cancel the X order and wait until they have an X plaid plus.

The wait has just got started my friend. I ordered Model Y initially believing the ETAs but a month and half passed by from the ETA expiry and no VIN was ever assigned; I decided to give up on Model Y and ordered X. I'll be surprised if they even meet their June ETA.

The wait is getting to me. Local MB dealer just got a nice new gls 580 in stock, it would be nice to have a bigger car again. I think I am going to cancel the X order and wait until they have an X plaid plus.
Totally get it from a wait perspective but there’s no comparison between the MB and Tesla so “just switching” seems kind of random, but if you need a car, I guess I get it. Get a used S.

Are there really so few people on the forum interested in discussing/speculating about the refresh X? What am I supposed to do during what appears to be at least a six month wait? :)

I did wait over a year for my first X, I should’ve learned...

Reactions: lsds
Totally get it from a wait perspective but there’s no comparison between the MB and Tesla so “just switching” seems kind of random, but if you need a car, I guess I get it. Get a used S.
I need a car that fits 6. Tesla lease is up at the end of the month, I could keep extending it until the new one arrives or just move to another vehicle for now.

For room and comfort the MB wins hands down, for fun and excitement Tesla wins hands down. Just can't tell if I should go the practical route or not.

I need a car that fits 6. Tesla lease is up at the end of the month, I could keep extending it until the new one arrives or just move to another vehicle for now.

For room and comfort the MB wins hands down, for fun and excitement Tesla wins hands down. Just can't tell if I should go the practical route or not.
Got it. What about a used X? They’re actually a really great value and you can get better range than the new one (supposedly 371 v 360 estimate now).

I am seriously considering since even a 2017 X would be a huge upgrade for me as I have an AP1 Model X from 3/16 and not sure I want to actually get an early X refresh.

Are there really so few people on the forum interested in discussing/speculating about the refresh X? What am I supposed to do during what appears to be at least a six month wait? :)

I did wait over a year for my first X, I should’ve learned...
I wish we knew more about the second row. Will 5/7 seaters have an armrest with wireless charging like the Model S? Will 6 seaters get wireless charging, armrests or fold flat seats?

I wish we knew more about the second row. Will 5/7 seaters have an armrest with wireless charging like the Model S? Will 6 seaters get wireless charging, armrests or fold flat seats?
I think it's quite reasonable to assume the following:
1) No second row arm rests of any type on the X. They would've shown them in renderings. This includes 5 seat and 6 seat.
2) As a follow on to #1, no wireless charing in the X except up front. 2nd and 3rd rows will probably have USB-C ports (I think they actually mention that on their website).
3) Six seaters still won't fold flat. That's why it's still $6,000 more for a six seater because you'll get the motorized pedestal seats. Again, a guess, but if the seats weren't motorized, a six seater wouldn't be $6,000 more.