Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife just purchased a Mach-E premium to drive until her X came. That car would passed on to either myself or our daughter when the X finally arrived in … She is thinking of canceling the X. We are tired of the lack of communication and guessing games. Frankly, I am over Elon’s shenanigans and may sell my Model 3 if a compelling option comes along. Please don’t tell me I am a hater, I’ve been driving Tesla’s since 2014 and loved the cars. The X delay combined with the complete lack of communication as soured me on the company. Putting up with quirks was fine when they treated you well.
Looks like we've been pushed off to Q4 or later. Tesla may not communicate with us but we can communicate together.
Organize, send a message! If Elon wants to play games with us let's slap back. My idea is when the end of Q4 push which is also end of year we pick up our Models X's Jan 1 of 2022. You didn't squeeze us in in Q1 , Q2 or even Q3 so now WE will let Q4 slide. I mean show up 12/31 for delivery but just hold out till Midnight. Maybe they will provide incentives to push us over the line. We've been treated like mushrooms feed *sugar* and kept in the dark long enough.

My wife just purchased a Mach-E premium to drive until her X came. That car would passed on to either myself or our daughter when the X finally arrived in … She is thinking of canceling the X. We are tired of the lack of communication and guessing games. Frankly, I am over Elon’s shenanigans and may sell my Model 3 if a compelling option comes along. Please don’t tell me I am a hater, I’ve been driving Tesla’s since 2014 and loved the cars. The X delay combined with the complete lack of communication as soured me on the company. Putting up with quirks was fine when they treated you well.
Don't cancel your order, just don't take delivery if it comes to that. Who knows, if the price goes up again before delivery you may want to take possession and sell it. You're out the deposit anyway.

Yeah! Sell your 3 and then rebuy it a few months later. That’ll show Elon

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
They are sold out till 1Q 2022. Your place will be absorbed. They have more buyers than they have cars.

Yeah... pretty sure we're getting crap this year.

We ordered an S and X in January. Finally rec'd my S in June. Love it and I forgot about all the crap that is the Tesla buying experience. I love the S and could not think about not having one.

The X will now be for my father. He cancelled his MY (for my mother) when they started playing the guessing game with it and they have a E-Tron coming. Very different vehicle than the Y - actually better for their type of use. Also, the buying experience has been phenomenal. He is now thinking of cancelling the X for a GT RS they just received in. Again, perfect car for his use - except he would like to be sitting up higher. It pains me to see how soured my father has become with tesla and its lack of communication. Who knows how much longer he will have to drive and he wants to enjoy an EV sooner than never. If Tesla gave a date that could be trusted it would be a different story.

I will suggest he go drive the GT and see. Either way keep the X on order and see what happens when it comes. He will get it before the price increases and also the $2k discount for prerefersh order.

We ordered an S and X in January. Finally rec'd my S in June. Love it and I forgot about all the crap that is the Tesla buying experience. I love the S and could not think about not having one.

The X will now be for my father. He cancelled his MY (for my mother) when they started playing the guessing game with it and they have a E-Tron coming. Very different vehicle than the Y - actually better for their type of use. Also, the buying experience has been phenomenal. He is now thinking of cancelling the X for a GT RS they just received in. Again, perfect car for his use - except he would like to be sitting up higher. It pains me to see how soured my father has become with tesla and its lack of communication. Who knows how much longer he will have to drive and he wants to enjoy an EV sooner than never. If Tesla gave a date that could be trusted it would be a different story.

I will suggest he go drive the GT and see. Either way keep the X on order and see what happens when it comes. He will get it before the price increases and also the $2k discount for prerefersh order.
Thanks for sharing. The only way Tesla will invest the time and money to fix this is if more people cancel and Wall Street slaps them. As the competition improves their offerings this will be easier and easier for people to do.

They are sold out till 1Q 2022. Your place will be absorbed. They have more buyers than they have cars.
If you mean Tesla, of course they have more buyers than X’s. Because they’re not selling any. We’ll be lucky to see an X before quarter one of 2022. Personally, I was hoping they’d surprise us all and get rid of the FWD. The X would be much more versatile without them in my opinion.

Good sign. I’m getting more hopeful for a q4 limited push.
Whether or not this is a good sign, this is still fascinating! We recently purchased a 2016 60D MX and are already in love with it. Now looking at these pictures, the interior looks EVEN BETTER! I can't wait!

If you mean Tesla, of course they have more buyers than X’s. Because they’re not selling any. We’ll be lucky to see an X before quarter one of 2022. Personally, I was hoping they’d surprise us all and get rid of the FWD. The X would be much more versatile without them in my opinion.
You are about to upset a number of fanboys in this forum lol.
May I ask why you believe this? These situations don't apply to me - but I have been told they are exceptional for parents who need to secure babies in a car seat or elderly as the more direct no-obstacle entry is a huge plus.
For me at least the wow-factor of the X doors is one of the primary selling points. The car is an enigma. There is nothing else quite like it.

FWD are a godsend for folks like me who have 2 kids still in car seats. not having to bend to get them in and situated is worth it alone. Plus my in-laws are in their 70s so when they sit in the third row it's super convenient to be able to stand up and walk out... Instead of having to crouch and contort themselves to exit like in my previous third row vehicle..... And I would be lying if I didn't admit that I secretly kind of like the attention and the wow factor when opening them in public.