Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No rhyme or reason. There have been plenty of people with res dates later than yours who have been offered upgrades with “guarantees” of delivery this year. I guess I can’t hold out hope for delivery this year on my six seater.
Just got off of the phone with tesla with the offer to upgrade to 6 seats. He told me EDD would be January-Febuary if i took the offer or April-May if i stayed with my 7 seat order.
MX LR orded 1/29 Black with white interior 20" wheels

Rainbow glass? Can you share your knowledge on this?
Tesla uses a layer of glass on their car's roof glass panels that is designed to deflect heat from the sun and UV rays from getting inside the vehicle. when it rains or water drops are sitting on the glass it gives it this orange hue which is referred to as rainbow glass because it looks like several colors from certain angles.

Tesla uses a layer of glass on their car's roof glass panels that is designed to deflect heat from the sun and UV rays from getting inside the vehicle. when it rains or water drops are sitting on the glass it gives it this orange hue which is referred to as rainbow glass because it looks like several colors from certain angles.
Oh wow! I did notice that in the video. Thanks for the explanation.

Checked my account today and my January EDD has popped back in. It was blank for the last couple of months. I’m thinking, maybe wishfully, that there might actually be some real production planning behind this new development now that they are actually starting to manufacture vehicles. I’m not sure why they would populate this previously long blank space again without the computer program that creates these dates having some new input to create a EDD again. But then Tesla may have created a “ throw them a bone occasionally “ AI to keep us here…… But I do really think these dates may have more meaning now that they have some planned throughput numbers, parts inventory etc.
Model X Plaid, Black, white interior, 5 seat 22” wheels. Early July order date.

Oh wow! I did notice that in the video. Thanks for the explanation.
Yes, exactly what he said. They used to have it on Model 3 and Y too but not anymore to my knowledge. But it looks really cool after a shower
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 13.08.27.png

Just got off of the phone with tesla with the offer to upgrade to 6 seats. He told me EDD would be January-Febuary if i took the offer or April-May if i stayed with my 7 seat order.
MX LR orded 1/29 Black with white interior 20" wheels
We have the exact same car ordered assuming you took the 6 seat option. I ordered about a week before you however Pre-refresh. I changed to the six seat about 8 days ago. I was quoted November-December.

We have the exact same car ordered assuming you took the 6 seat option. I ordered about a week before you however Pre-refresh. I changed to the six seat about 8 days ago. I was quoted November-December.
You are lucky you were able to get a EDD this year, they are only offering the 6 seat upgrade for January- Febuary now. He said he would call me back tomorrow, i would take it if the seats folded down or could be taken ou easily.
MX LR ordered 1/29 Black with white interior 20" wheels

Question, and apologies, I did not read through this thread.

I just placed an order for a MX this week. My account says September. I have a MY and understand how the EDD game goes. But, is that kinda the consensus on what we're looking like on that right now? 10 months?

Thanks!