Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question, and apologies, I did not read through this thread.

I just placed an order for a MX this week. My account says September. I have a MY and understand how the EDD game goes. But, is that kinda the consensus on what we're looking like on that right now? 10 months?

Thanks!
EDDs can be nonsense a lot of the time, for you I have not clue if you will get it next September or earlier. we will have a better idea on that when mass deliveries begin

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I ordered March 31st 2021, White LR, Cream, 20", 6-seat. EDD went from June->October->Blank (for 2 months) -> January (this week)

I just inquired with my tesla sales guy about the january date and how other people who didn't order 6 seaters were getting promised deliveries before the end of the year. He responded with this.

"Please ignore the website estimated delivery window. They change often and only provide very limited info based on production schedule. I checked and your Model X is already in the building queue with ETA out of factory early December. As last email we just started the delivery for Model X very recently for people who ordered way back in 2020, based on the current pacing I don't see any delay for your order."

I ordered March 31st 2021, White LR, Cream, 20", 6-seat. EDD went from June->October->Blank (for 2 months) -> January (this week)

I just inquired with my tesla sales guy about the january date and how other people who didn't order 6 seaters were getting promised deliveries before the end of the year. He responded with this.

"Please ignore the website estimated delivery window. They change often and only provide very limited info based on production schedule. I checked and your Model X is already in the building queue with ETA out of factory early December. As last email we just started the delivery for Model X very recently for people who ordered way back in 2020, based on the current pacing I don't see any delay for your order."
lol i’ve had an order since Nov 2020 and have January so i’d say delivering to people from 2020 is not happening yet

• Funny
Reactions: TWENT2
Got "The" call a few minutes ago. Took the switch from 6-seater to 7. Fremont resident here. Ordered Feb'21. What I was told was that the 3rd batch of 6-seaters are being scheduled right now, and expected delivery is late Dec to early January. If I hold on to 7-seater, the EDD is late Jan to April. I was wanted to switch any ways. +3K to original invoice.

Well if they know this why don’t they fix it!

Question, and apologies, I did not read through this thread.

I just placed an order for a MX this week. My account says September. I have a MY and understand how the EDD game goes. But, is that kinda the consensus on what we're looking like on that right now? 10 months?

Thanks!
I was last week edd for September, but now show may, my opinion, none of them are accurate

I ordered early march , ur guy is optimistic, as much as I wish to believe him, but I do not belive either him or my web site who said Ed January.

So new data points mentioned today:
  • Tesla is scheduling their 3rd batch of 6 seaters which will get to customers in Dec-Jan. That means two other batches have been scheduled prior to that third one, so there is hope. Based on this little vague data, it could mean each run is 3-4 weeks as Jan is potentially January 31st. How many per batch remains to be seen.
  • 5 & 7 seaters will be scheduled in Jan-Apr. The order remains unknown.
  • There was no specific order on how Tesla communicated with customers regarding the upgrade from 5/7 seats to 6.

Reactions: Yakkodot
So new data points mentioned today:
  • Tesla is scheduling their 3rd batch of 6 seaters which will get to customers in Dec-Jan. That means two other batches have been scheduled prior to that third one, so there is hope. Based on this little vague data, it could mean each run is 3-4 weeks as Jan is potentially January 31st. How many per batch remains to be seen.
  • 5 & 7 seaters will be scheduled in Jan-Apr. The order remains unknown.
  • There was no specific order on how Tesla communicated with customers regarding the upgrade from 5/7 seats to 6.
If I was a betting man, I'd say that anyone that got "the call" last week and beyond will be on that 3rd batch. Anything before last week will be in the previous two batches. I could be wrong though as I know jack crap.

"I checked and your Model X is already in the building queue with ETA out of factory early December.
Then it looks like the January is pretty accurate. Out of factory early December, plus shipping ~2 weeks. Then any delay would make the actual delivery slip to January.

Then it looks like the January is pretty accurate. Out of factory early December, plus shipping ~2 weeks. Then any delay would make the actual delivery slip to January.
Yes, I'm in Seattle, so not sure how long that takes generally. But even if it's built in the 1st week of December, if shipping is 2 weeks, it will be very tricky taking delivery during the Christmas holiday. I wonder if they even do deliveries then. I'm writing this off so it's crucial I get it delivered this year. This is cutting it extremely close.

Yes, I'm in Seattle, so not sure how long that takes generally. But even if it's built in the 1st week of December, if shipping is 2 weeks, it will be very tricky taking delivery during the Christmas holiday. I wonder if they even do deliveries then. I'm writing this off so it's crucial I get it delivered this year. This is cutting it extremely close.
I’m in the same boat. When did you order?

They 100% do holiday deliveries as they try to achieve new quarter records.

Just got off the phone with a great Tesla sales rep, I asked if he could check the back end of my account and he said "Tesla sales reps are not able to check the back end anymore because they were getting to many calls to check that and Tesla does not want to disclose that information anymore, all he is able to check is the end of the account that I see". Next I asked what is going on with the January EDD, he said "That is basically just a placeholder until the EDD for this year is assigned".

Yeah and have you seen when they do software pushes (Sunday)? You know Elon has zero regard for the holidays. He will expect his people to work right through it.
Meh. I work everyday regardless of weekends and/or holidays. It's part of being in technology... especially in leadership. Deadlines must be met and issues resolved. But I do give time back to my guys for situations like that so they don't get burned out.