Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, I've never done a software update. My wife always steals it from me 😂 (we've only owned a Tesla for 3 months.

But here is the video I am referring to:
Yeah Ive seen it, but it was confimed it is for logistic purposes, no light show for updates unfortunately :) Also, highly risky to perform any software updates while car is in transit, any software update has the potential to fail or brick car, so they wouldnt want to do that :)

Since we are all sitting here scratching our heads, trying to figure out what @EV_LIFE's cryptic message means, I'll throw out an unrelated topic to distract us: Winter tires. I bought the Slipstream winter wheel and tires for my 2018 MX and rotated them with the regular wheels/tires. Tesla still has these listed on the website, but they are out of stock. I don't know much about wheels, but information on size and offset are on this site. Now that we have the new MX owner's manual, you can get information about the new wheels. Despite this, I still can't figure out if the 2015-2020 slipstreams will work on the refreshed model? I reached out to T Sportsline, and they are unsure. They said the new wheels are staggered, whereas the old ones were not.

Sooooo, for those that live in the frozen tundra east of California, if the previous generation winter tires offered by Tesla are not an option, what are you all planning to use for for the winter?

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Since we are all sitting here scratching our heads, trying to figure out what @EV_LIFE's cryptic message means, I'll throw out an unrelated topic to distract us: Winter tires. I bought the Slipstream winter wheel and tires for my 2018 MX and rotated them with the regular wheels/tires. Tesla still has these listed on the website, but they are out of stock. I don't know much about wheels, but information on size and offset are on this site. Now that we have the new MX owner's manual, you can get information about the new wheels. Despite this, I still can't figure out if the 2015-2020 slipstreams will work on the refreshed model? I reached out to T Sportsline, and they are unsure. They said the new wheels are staggered, whereas the old ones were not.

Sooooo, for those that live in the frozen tundra east of California, if the previous generation winter tires offered by Tesla are not an option, what are you all planning to use for for the winter?
What is this winter thing you speak of?

For winter wheels, you never want to go with a staggered set. You want them square. The offset and bolt pattern has not changed on the refresh, therefore all older wheels for model X will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbrowdy

Snowshoes - and lots of walking.

Honestly, it's sizing up to be a sh**storm. Supposedly a limited supply of winter tires, which means that Tesla's special configs are going to be pricey and hard to find. I had seen the guide according to T-Sportline, but haven't actually researched anything within the manual - which I will now do so. I would love to reserve a set, but it's pointless until I have a better idea of vehicle delivery (ie. a VIN assignment might spur on a decision). I'm trying to see whether Michelin and Nokian will have their brands represented.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day for Model X news.
Funny, you mentioned that and Facebook just reminded me today of this beautiful 2019 Red Model X performance. I hope something good really happens today.

msedge_YuML2kcGvk.png

Snowshoes - and lots of walking.

Honestly, it's sizing up to be a sh**storm. Supposedly a limited supply of winter tires, which means that Tesla's special configs are going to be pricey and hard to find. I had seen the guide according to T-Sportline, but haven't actually researched anything within the manual - which I will now do so. I would love to reserve a set, but it's pointless until I have a better idea of vehicle delivery (ie. a VIN assignment might spur on a decision). I'm trying to see whether Michelin and Nokian will have their brands represented.
Aren't the tires on the refreshed X considered all season? If that's the case, why are winter tires needed? Living in the midwest, I've always had good luck with all season tires during the winter. Summer tires are an entirely different story, especially on wide versions like on a 911.

Aren't the tires on the refreshed X considered all season? If that's the case, why are winter tires needed? Living in the midwest, I've always had good luck with all season tires during the winter. Summer tires are an entirely different story, especially on wide versions like on a 911.
Winter tires are much more effective in snow than all seasons. All seasons are passable, but for those of us who do encounter decently bad winter storms the winter tires in a square setup make a big difference.

Good question. I bought 22's. Not sure if they are all season.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
7 seater here; have not received a call to switch to 6 seater. Not keen on paying more, but torn between the easier accessibility to the 3rd row vs the lack of fold-down seats for the second... so not sure if I would take them up on the offer or stay with the current config. (order placed in q2 this year).

Sorry for the pump fake, everyone. Bad communication from my SA. His follow up email :(:

I should have clarified a little more. I mentioned that you would get texts informing you when your vehicle is on its way to STL. There is not one assigned yet but once there is a VIN assigned you will get these updates
His grammar was a bit confusing. He is basically saying: "I don't know jack, but you will probably get a text once your vehicle is in transit".

Are there any English teachers here? Can we diagram his initial sentence? Was it just me reading with optimism, or did he biff on his wording..?

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine