Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And If you see the Refresh MS Europe deliveries
discussion forum, it gets all the more depressing. They are talking 2023 for any first EU deliveries of the refresh MS even.

At this point not sure what to expect anymore from our MX order. Strange that though ~6 months of US & even Canada MS deliveries, nothing to improve the messaging or even clarify the delay to waiting EU customers.
2023 for the first S could suggest even later for the refresh X.

Back in January, I was facing a wait of four months, so I opted to keep driving a very cheap car. If these four months turn into 24, I'll be quite annoyed.

I'm fine with waiting, and I understand delays. Not getting any feedback is annoying and inappropriate, but apparently being at the bottom of the queue all along without being informed, is quite a bit worse. How hard is it to tweet "So, the Netherlands is one of the most EV-friendly countries on the planet, but since they're in the EU, we don't care about them, and they'll get their cars when, or if, we feel like it."

/rant

That 2023 remark ticked me off. I'm okay now, and I'm not canceling my reservation, but I'm going to switch my crap car for something better. Like a bicycle.

Back in January, I was facing a wait of four months, so I opted to keep driving a very cheap car. If these four months turn into 24, I'll be quite annoyed.

I'm fine with waiting, and I understand delays. Not getting any feedback is annoying and inappropriate, but apparently being at the bottom of the queue all along without being informed, is quite a bit worse. How hard is it to tweet "So, the Netherlands is one of the most EV-friendly countries on the planet, but since they're in the EU, we don't care about them, and they'll get their cars when, or if, we feel like it."

/rant

That 2023 remark ticked me off. I'm okay now, and I'm not canceling my reservation, but I'm going to switch my crap car for something better. Like a bicycle.
I'm in Switzerland, imagine how long its going to take to motivate Tesla to make the special arrangements needed to an MX here :(

/rant

Norway isn’t in EU and used to be an imp market for Tesla at least given its per capita sales of EVs/Teslas. EU or not we are in the same boat unfortunately 🥴

Reactions: c_v_h
Pardon a newb question. I have Model X with "estimated delivery" in Jan. Should I plan on getting it anywhere close to Jan or is it wishful thinking? My current lease (different brand) expires in Dec so I will likely extend it but can only do it for several months.

Thank you
With the ways things are going, nobody really knows. We’re all holding on to hope that deliveries will start ramping up in December. If you can wait to the last moment to extend the lease, then there “might” be more clarification in a month.

Reactions: Fulkth
Clek car seats are some of the safest on the market… dunno that I’d be willing to sacrifice on child safety to have anc…..
One thing to watch out for on the X is the six seat monopost seats are a bit thin and many typical boosters will not allow you to buck the seatbelt easily. You either need a seatbelt extender or a thinner booster. I’m switching to white interior and an on the lookout for a new booster that is thinner that will fit better. If it’s a car seat it will always be buckled so not as much of an issue.

Reactions: Fulkth
Pardon a newb question. I have Model X with "estimated delivery" in Jan. Should I plan on getting it anywhere close to Jan or is it wishful thinking? My current lease (different brand) expires in Dec so I will likely extend it but can only do it for several months.

Thank you
In previous posts, some are considering buying out their lease and selling on the used car market when they get a serial number. Find your used car value, lease buy out amount and consider that as an option.

One thing to watch out for on the X is the six seat monopost seats are a bit thin and many typical boosters will not allow you to buck the seatbelt easily. You either need a seatbelt extender or a thinner booster. I’m switching to white interior and an on the lookout for a new booster that is thinner that will fit better. If it’s a car seat it will always be buckled so not as much of an issue.
Agreed, I had to switch my booster seats because it was impossible to buckle. Even harder than a model 3.