Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I am waiting for my car status to show pick it up, I decided to order a few things for my office.

I am now on day 14 waiting for a chair that was supposed to take 7 days to get here. So much for FEDEX being fast. Worse, the chair has been stuck in Hayward, CA 15 miles from my house for 4 days. And even worse, the chair went from Stockton, CA to Hayward 4 days ago on the interstate 2 miles from the house!

The bottom line is shipping is messed up. I really hope no one is waiting for that special present they ordered for their kids.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Great commentary. The only thing that doesn’t make sense to me is why they called people to upgrade their orders to 6 seater and get them by end of calendar year, if they didn’t have confidence that they could deliver. I would think they would have already had all the parts they needed to fill those orders by the end of the year. That’s a huge deception if they miss - have someone pay more for a configuration they didn’t want to get the car by a certain date, and then don’t deliver.
Just a guess... they thought they'd have the part(s) necessary delivered, they had reached LA say, and then found out t'ain't so McGhee. That the shipment had arrived in LA meant nothing because the containers are sitting there stacked 3-4 high for acre after acre. It's also my guess Tesla has gotten more and more vague for exactly the same reason -- just because it's here in the U.S. doesn't mean a truck will be pulling up to offload at Fremont on any sort of schedule.

Just a guess... they thought they'd have the part(s) necessary delivered, they had reached LA say, and then found out t'ain't so McGhee. That the shipment had arrived in LA meant nothing because the containers are sitting there stacked 3-4 high for acre after acre. It's also my guess Tesla has gotten more and more vague for exactly the same reason -- just because it's here in the U.S. doesn't mean a truck will be pulling up to offload at Fremont on any sort of schedule.
Either way, I hope those individuals that upgraded to six seats thinking they'd get it this year get the opportunity to downgrade if they choose to.

A3F23BB2-3E0E-4DB4-8D63-2D8D04A3F2C9.jpeg
OMG. This is so painful. I think I’m going to be getting my Cybertruck first. At this point I’m just like ANYTHING…

I think I may know the answer to this but here it goes. Ordered a model X in Jan/Feb 2020. Ordered white but a days after delivery, got the email from the local SC. I said I'd like to change the color, they said they can do it closer to delivery. Now that i'm approaching delivery (January supposedly), if I go to change the color will they upcharge me $15k since the price of the X has gone up that much? Just been seeing too many white teslas everywhere in my area (I probably see 5-10 a day on my 10 minute commute!). Would having him say it's no problem in email be my free ticket to a paid color upgrade (eg. spending $1500 to go to black or gray?)

Thanks

I think I may know the answer to this but here it goes. Ordered a model X in Jan/Feb 2020. Ordered white but a days after delivery, got the email from the local SC. I said I'd like to change the color, they said they can do it closer to delivery. Now that i'm approaching delivery (January supposedly), if I go to change the color will they upcharge me $15k since the price of the X has gone up that much? Just been seeing too many white teslas everywhere in my area (I probably see 5-10 a day on my 10 minute commute!). Would having him say it's no problem in email be my free ticket to a paid color upgrade (eg. spending $1500 to go to black or gray?)

Thanks
When I spoke to Tesla a few weeks ago, they said any change not would result in the pricing to change to the latest pricing. This wasn’t a call where they approached me about changing my order. I had just called to see if they had any info on delivery and to see if I could change from black to white seats. I wouldn’t risk it, just wrap it if you have a problem with the color.

Funny enough is that I have a powerwall order from October of last year (2020) that I still dont have an EDD on either so ive been trying to see which one i will get first.
I gave up on my powerwall order and went with Enphase. I don’t mind the Enphase. I just wish I could stack more than 4 batteries. The 40.32 kW should be plenty but after the winter storm dropping power for days this past Feb I’ll take as many as I can get.

Now if Tesla makes the powerwall where it can take a charge from the Tesla vehicles I’ll swap these out and put them at the beach house!

Reactions: KidsEyeDr

Thanks
Rather than paying 15k to upgrade just go and get it wrapped any color your little heart desires for $3-$5k…. I am getting mines wrapped for $3,500 I already made the deposit and reservation so I can do it the minute I pick up the car

Not to bring negative thoughts here at all..but is anyone else terrified that once they do get their Model X some idiot will rear end you or something and then you will be without a vehicle for another 18 months?

These crazy long lead times correspondingly mean crazy long replacement times if someone wrecks into your vehicle. And the replacement would cost way more than what you paid for the first :(.

Instead of “wrapping” my model X for color, I’m gonna bubble wrap it for protection.

Who wants to be a sacrificial lamb and bug Telsa corporate? Been a while since we've had a TMC member place a call and report back. Seems like they totally shut down any trickle of information they were leaking out before. Wonder if that's still the case?
Word! One you guys who got the 6 seater switch call, should be calling that person back and asking if you are still on schedule to receive delivery by this year as promised….. I would be curious to see if anyone can get through to one of them.

Word! One you guys who got the 6 seater switch call, should be calling that person back and asking if you are still on schedule to receive delivery by this year as promised….. I would be curious to see if anyone can get through to one of them.
I switched to 6. I e-mailed and called the Tesla employee and he responded saying:

Hey MacMac, please reach out to your advisor Jeannine. The update will be listed in your account.

Do you have her information? I can share it with you if you don’t have it. Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: TWENT2