Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mentioned In a prior post that I was having my garage door lift modified to remove the center bar and move the rails to the ceiling. I wanted to be able to open the rear doors inside. For anyone considering doing the same. Here are before and after images. I still need to paint and redo the floor so ignore the mess ;)

Attachments

• 2E96BECE-A638-4C51-8C67-A04D998F97E5.jpeg
    2E96BECE-A638-4C51-8C67-A04D998F97E5.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 90
  • 2EC3F91F-A4C9-474B-B01A-9D802BCECDF5.jpeg
    2EC3F91F-A4C9-474B-B01A-9D802BCECDF5.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 83
I'M A VINNER!!! Just came through this morning, haven't spoken to my SA yet, but about to call him to get financing setup again. Here is my info...

Ordered 12/5/20
Changed to 6 seater 10/17/21
VIN assigned 11/29/21
6 seater / white/ cream/ 20" / FSD
Chicago suburbsView attachment 738632
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

So I guess now after seeing a lot of new VINers here that most people are getting 2022 Vins, kind of wish I got a 2022 vin since I have a 2021 right now. The one cool thing is that I will have one of the first ever Refresh X's built. I hope soon we will find out at what Vin they start building the Refresh X's.
@EV_LIFE , I was thinking about you yesterday. I was telling my wife that the last three VINners got 2022, but The Oracle got 2021. (Yes, she is aware of waiting room lingo) - Her response: Well, the car is going to be so good that it won't really matter. He's never going to want to get rid of it! If you don't sell it, model year doesn't much matter. :D

I GOT A VIN!! Ordered 11/21/20 white exterior, black interior , 5 seater, 22s, and FSD. I then changed to cream interior and 6 seater in July/August. VIN is 7SAXCBE54NF328. Should be taking delivery in Wayne, PA once I get a date. I got so excited when noticing my VIN in the app I got teary eyed 😂.
To channel my inner @EV_LIFE

"I've got a feeling that this is going to be a good week for MX news!"

🎉

I've noticed that those with vin #s had a reservation number about 20,000 ahead of me. Does that mean there are 20K cars ahead of me ... less dropouts? Seems like a lot. (2/02/21 order date.) Any guesses on the production rate?
FWIW - If you're an early 6 seater, all of the 5/7 seaters are now behind you in line.

Also, Reservation Numbers (RN)... they're for all of Tesla's cars, not just MX. Full disclosure, I have NO idea if that is correct or not, that is just what I've always thought.

As one more follow-up, as I prep for delivery, I have been doing all sorts of work in my detached garage. We have a separate attached garage and this other garage has been for bikes, tractors, lawn equipment, Pool stuff, etc. I have slowly been getting rid of everything and have now started to refer to this garage as "The Nursery" :)

I have not yet posted enough to have a sig line (you need 6 posts), but I am a June 4 order. Black with Cream interior and 6 seats (with FSD).

As one more follow-up, as I prep for delivery, I have been doing all sorts of work in my detached garage. We have a separate attached garage and this other garage has been for bikes, tractors, lawn equipment, Pool stuff, etc. I have slowly been getting rid of everything and have now started to refer to this garage as "The Nursery" :)

I have not yet posted enough to have a sig line (you need 6 posts), but I am a June 4 order. Black with Cream interior and 6 seats (with FSD).
You're nesting! 😂 I love it!

Yeah, My original order was 2/14 and my delivery location is the Mesa, AZ SC (Although they said that they'll deliver it to my house for free! - whenever that happens)
Ah Nice, my order date was 12/28/20 and also pick up at the mesa location (im in Gilbert). I haven’t heard any Arizonans get a VIN yet. White exterior, black interior always have been a 6-seater order.

I mentioned In a prior post that I was having my garage door lift modified to remove the center bar and move the rails to the ceiling. I wanted to be able to open the rear doors inside. For anyone considering doing the same. Here are before and after images. I still need to paint and redo the floor so ignore the mess ;)
Thank you for sharing. I plan to do something similar - did the rail go into the ceiling? What’s the costs associated with that? Thx.