Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with the January EDD, the App changed from "Schedule Delivery Appointment" to "We're Building Your Car".

The website also changed, it now shows:

Estimated delivery: January​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
Just wondering. Does anybody have a Est. Delivery of something other than "January" or "TBD" that placed their order before June 2021?

I mean it breaks my heart to admit this to myself, but it seems like it's really a just placeholder if a person that ordered theirs in January 2021 and another person that ordered theirs in May 2021 both have "January" as their EDD...Makes no sense...:confused:

Reactions: flippingrich
Just wondering. Does anybody have a Est. Delivery of something other than "January" or "TBD" that placed their order before June 2021?

I mean it breaks my heart to admit this to myself, but it seems like it's really a just placeholder if a person that ordered theirs in January 2021 and another person that ordered theirs in May 2021 both have "January" as their EDD...Makes no sense...:confused:

I think we came to that conclusion a long time ago here.. It's definitely a placeholder

View attachment 738052
Another So Cal delivery. They said they placed the order in January. Received a VIN November 4th. No other info.
That's me. Had to pick it up in fremont cause i was out of town when they said it was supposed to be delivered. so instead of flying up, we drove up in our model 3 to do trade in. (went to see parents in Marin for thanksgiving week)

Treat it as a placeholder. However, your configuration and location play a role determining when you'll get yours, like your reservation date does. You cannot go purely on reservation date in car manufacturing. That'd break the bank.

Reactions: lexus26
Question: what are the odds that the recently leaked email about prioritizing reducing costs over end of quarter push from Elon was actually “leaked“ by Elon himself? If he is as much of a tyrant as he seems, it is hard to believe that some employee would just leak that to the press. On the other hand, a “leaked“ email like this one could provide decent cover for customers wondering why they are not getting their vehicles and to assuage investors who are looking for big end of quarter numbers. Just a theory.

Reactions: Ed Hart and Stro
Reactions: honeyfist301
Treat it as a placeholder. However, your configuration and location play a role determining when you'll get yours, like your reservation date does. You cannot go purely on reservation date in car manufacturing. That'd break the bank.
yeah....excuse the redundancy of my question. I guess I was trying to hang on to one last string of hope. Really wanted to bring my 2 year old to the snow in January with the new car (we currently have no car that can make it to the snow), but alas with my 7 seater config...it's not going to happen....

Thank you for the responses.

I GOT A VIN!! Ordered 11/21/20 white exterior, black interior , 5 seater, 22s, and FSD. I then changed to cream interior and 6 seater in July/August. VIN is 7SAXCBE54NF328. Should be taking delivery in Wayne, PA once I get a date. I got so excited when noticing my VIN in the app I got teary eyed 😂.
👏👏👏 We have another VINner!!! Congrats!

I GOT A VIN!! Ordered 11/21/20 white exterior, black interior , 5 seater, 22s, and FSD. I then changed to cream interior and 6 seater in July/August. VIN is 7SAXCBE54NF328. Should be taking delivery in Wayne, PA once I get a date. I got so excited when noticing my VIN in the app I got teary eyed 😂.
Congrats!! So good to see east coast deliveries happening. I am hopeful

Question: what are the odds that the recently leaked email about prioritizing reducing costs over end of quarter push from Elon was actually “leaked“ by Elon himself? If he is as much of a tyrant as he seems, it is hard to believe that some employee would just leak that to the press. On the other hand, a “leaked“ email like this one could provide decent cover for customers wondering why they are not getting their vehicles and to assuage investors who are looking for big end of quarter numbers. Just a theory.
I had the same thought. What better way to claim you delivered less this quarter than to claim you’re trying to cut costs. At the same time, Elon has been wanting to do this for a few quarters now, just haven’t been able to. We shall see what happens.

Reactions: TWENT2 and jbrowdy