Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I will provide an update. To recap, Fremont based, Ordered Feb 6th, Changed to 6-seater in oct, got my VIN on 11/26. EDD vanished from Jan to TBD.
I got the Loan application link after I reached out to my SA. Applied and got approval in less than a minute. Added insurance details.
Currently, I do not have a Delivery date. Website asks me to use tesla app to complete the rest of the formalities. My SA just mentioned I need to wait for Delivery team to reach out with the date. "Schedule Delivery Appointment" and "Make Final Payment" tabs are inactive at this point for me.
I know. I am being impatient! Just that it seems so near, yet so far!!

Update: SA emailed and said the final payment link will be active 24-48 hours once the delivery team confirms the date. Hope someone who is taking delivery soon can confirm.

Last edited:
I feel like this flyover confirms what some hunches have been of a few missing key components for S/X that prompted them to build and hold them in overflow storage until parts came in (which seems to have happened given # of VINners already today).

Don't see how any of this is anything but good news (at least for 6 seaters/non plaid)

Thank you for sharing. I plan to do something similar - did the rail go into the ceiling? What’s the costs associated with that? Thx.

The new rails now go about 4 inches from the ceiling. The motor is on the side (so there is no center rail). It feels like a ton more room and much more wide open. I had about 3 to 4 feet of dead space above my garage door / old rails. According to my installer, most newer houses would have likely had this new setup as an original install. My house is Circa 1960, so it was a retrofit. The total cost was $3,200.

I installed a hardwired Wireless Access Point for internet service to this garage and I am now working on charging options. I am somewhat constrained since we have a Model Y in the other garage with a NEMA 14-50 outlet. I really do not want to upgrade my whole house service so I am looking at an A/B transfer switch between the two 14-50 outlets.

Reactions: jkhanesq