Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

Lurker-190 here. Figure I stop being lazy and start chiming in here.

Can’t add a signature yet since this is my first post so here goes: 202? Model X LR | White | 6 Seats - Black | 22" Wheels | No FSD (Jan EDD) [Ordered Jun 01, 2021]
Welcome! I was just waiting to read, “… and I got a VIN!”
@Stro I was thinking the same thing 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Most that I saw were 2022. Pre production isn’t pre refresh. It’s pre actual production meaning the car wasn’t made yet.
Yes I think that’s my point. Pre-production. Shocked would have the M (2021) designation. Why would VIN’s with N (2022) get pulled? So they released vehicles to the public(those with M) before making pre-production vehicles?

A recent post with some vitriol caused me to reflect why I’m not more mad at this situation. I’ve been waiting for a refresh X since the rumors started. It has caused me logistical challenges, having to rent or borrow cars on occasion. Sometimes I get mad at the lack of communication and shifting expectations. But at the end of the day, I keep coming back to an overriding love for Tesla and the larger mission. Because of them,

- The electrification of the global fleet is moving from a blip of uninspiring hybrids to an industry-wide trend.

- The promise of driverless cars reducing horrific accidents and DUI tragedies is just over the horizon.

- On a personal level, owning a prior S / X / 3 has been the most amazing car ownership experience. From no-haggle ordering, to over the air updates, insane performance, skipping gas stations, convenient Supercharger network and the best cockpit to lounge in, there are currently no other options I would seriously consider.

Having worked in tech and operations, I appreciate both the rate of product development and speed of scale. I remember when the first Gigafactory was laughed at; now they’re poised to address short term production constraints (supply chain notwithstanding). 4680 batteries will be another leap forward. Yes, startup culture is messy, but it’s the only path that achieves true change.

Our $100ks will buy us an amazing car, one day. But we’re also enabling a transformative vision that is changing the world we live in. I’m grateful I get to participate and play a small part in it all.

(If you’re mad, feel free to stay mad, this is just why I’m not right now.)
Well said!!!

Mine had an N and by preproduction, they meant that the number was assigned to me before the car was built. At first they said my car was still being built this last week, then they changed their story “priority” match hopefully in the “next 2 weeks”. All this occurred after wiring 65k, getting loan and insurance…..still A touch bitter about it all.
Same minus the 65k part

You are forgetting that Elon in his own words indicated the car would be built and release in March (or April). This compelled a lot of people to sell their cars, apply for financing, extend leases, drive golf carts to work, etc. There is real world cost with all this, not to mention logistical headaches. I don't think people would be as mad had the timeline expectation not been created by Elon himself. On top of that, the company has left everyone in the dark. Tesla can't help supply chain issues, but they can control communication. We are not asking for trade secrets, but a realistic estimate on delivery is reasonable to expect for some spending over $100k on a vehicle. At a most, they are obfuscating the truth and at a minimum are not attempting to communicate reasonable information. Either way, it has prevented many from pursuing other cars (I imagine many would have gotten in line for a Rivian or F-150 or even an ICE had they known how long this would take), which some consider an unfair business practice.

I also don't subscribe to the: "It's all OK, cause your gonna love it so much in a year, you'll forget about all this pain". In other words, the ends justify the means. That's like saying: "When I stop stepping on your neck, you will feel better and enjoy oxygen so much that you will forget about how wrong I was to step on you like that.

OK. Done for now.

To be clear, I am not picking on JBrowdy in particular, I am just using his rant as a classic example of ANGRY people...

From now on, I think we should put all of the angry people in a different room: Refreshed 2021 Model X ANGRY waiting room.

In the ANGRY waiting room, Anger Management courses will be held daily... with a lot of inner belly button reflection. Hypnotization, using a little red Model X swinging on a chain to put people under, will be done on a zoom conference call. We can even have surprise guests (such as SAs and interns... but nobody important) make presentations.

PS: None of the ANGRY people will be cancelling their orders... so all of you other INTERNALLY FRUSTRATED people, including myself, are not going to be moving up in line....

One side benefit of this proposal: The page count in this room will only move forward 1 page per day from now on.... Half of the entries will be about people adding their VIN numbers; with the other half of the entries will be about people losing their VIN numbers...

Boy, do I feel done for today!!!

Hello all - long time lurker, first time poster.
Just got my VIN today & delivery on 25/12.
Have added VIN for reference….

Sorry, was/am trying my luck if posting this might actually happen to change my EDD & grant me a VIN. Time to sleep off the wine now….
Does anyone know if the VIN’s that got taken away started with 7 or had an N in them? Wouldn’t almpre-production VIN’s have started with a 5 and have an M in them?
Mine started with 7 and had an N in it as well!

To be clear, I am not picking on JBrowdy in particular, I am just using his rant as a classic example of ANGRY people...

From now on, I think we should put all of the angry people in a different room: Refreshed 2021 Model X ANGRY waiting room.

In the ANGRY waiting room, Anger Management courses will be held daily... with a lot of inner belly button reflection. Hypnotization, using a little red Model X swinging on a chain to put people under, will be done on a zoom conference call. We can even have surprise guests (such as SAs and interns... but nobody important) make presentations.

PS: None of the ANGRY people will be cancelling their orders... so all of you other INTERNALLY FRUSTRATED people, including myself, are not going to be moving up in line....

One side benefit of this proposal: The page count in this room will only move forward 1 page per day from now on.... Half of the entries will be about people adding their VIN numbers; with the other half of the entries will be about people losing their VIN numbers...

Lol, if you’ve been on here long enough, there’s a pattern: about every 20 pages or so, the subject of the angry people and the not angry people recycles.

Im not in manufacturing, but if you owned the company and were at the end of an S run and going to switch tooling over to the X ...wouldn't you run 90 to 100 Ss just to stock up?
Shark Tank 101l.
I saw this yesterday as well. What a joke, people have been waiting for over a year for their Model X. But, Tesla has decided they are going to produce S Plaids that don’t even have reservations. Have there even been 90 deliveries of the refresh X?
Fact

Excellent

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Im not in manufacturing, but if you owned the company and were at the end of an S run and going to switch tooling over to the X ...wouldn't you run 90 to 100 Ss just to stock up?
Shark Tank 101l.

Fact
No because inventory isn’t good. Makes more sense to make something someone is ready to pay for now though. That’s manufacturing 101 and not a TV show. #fact

And no need to make assumptions about others. Most of us here, if not all, have great careers and possibly own businesses. We all have different needs for our MXs. So no need to put down others. I love Tesla, but their customer service is worse than Comcast and that says a lot.

Wow settle down its a car. I waited Nov 2012 to Jan 2017 first X. I'm 11 months out on this one, just ordered a Y also. You haven't paid anything out your whining helps zero.
Maybe you're not a business owner who has alot of moving parts and issues and ..empathy..and understands Covid and logistics. As a poster said for 4 yrs the first time...go buy a KIA. Oh I'm a FanGirl.
You are missing the point. I get the logistics, and I get that we are in unprecedented times. What bothers me about Tesla is the lack of communication and information. If this was a $500 piece of tech or something along those line I wouldn’t care… But come on you have people that are spending six figures on your product… at the very least you should reach out and let them wtf is going on. Most high end companies where people are spending this much money you would probably be a VIP with a concierge getting personal updates….. I’m not saying Tesla should do that, but FFS at least an email or an announcement…. Or at the very effing least a tweet from Elon. But hey if spending 100k while being treated like a bum who is asking for handouts is your thing, then more power to you.

Anyone know how many active members this group/thread has? 1,000 of us are worth a 100m in sales.. if we collectively made an effort to get a response surely that might have some sort of an impact.. even if it’s 500 that’s 50 million in sales.. just saying this thread is more powerful than we think in terms of getting a response if we collectively sought one.. which I believe we all deserve.. 1 year without any update on a 100k product is mind blowing and to say the least very disrespectful
And for the record, I am a fanboy..