Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just remembered something funny my advisor told me back in Jan 😂. He said since I ordered pre-refresh I’d be given priority. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yeah okay sir.
No Kidding... It think that "priority" line was to get me off the ceiling when they said "oh... by the way... we canceled your original order (with free super charging) and this new REFRESH order will cost an additional $8.K..."

I could have sworn as the SA cupped his hand over the phone mic I heard Elon in the background say.... "what did he say.. What did he say? Did it work? Did it work?"

Now it could be my vivid imagination but that's how it plays out in my head ever time I think back to January.

Based on so many orders now showing a February EDD and the app still showing "we're building your car", it must really take a long time to build and test the new MX! Just saying....👎

The "We're building your car" is silly. I ordered mine in August 2021 and it shows they are building my car, and I ordered a 5 seater. Not happening.

I could be wrong, but if you view the order page source code, until they change this line of code below, the dates listed are VERY likely placeholders.. on X orders they override the traditional Month/Date-Month/Date range that is displayed.

"EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated delivery: February"
Not saying "February" is not a placeholder, but on Model Y page, I've seen ""EstimateDelivery":{"copyOverride":"Estimated Delivery: August 14 - August 19"},"

I know a bunch of you are getting EDDs bumped to February, so don't hate me! I just spoke with a Tesla customer service rep (not an SA) about my order since I received my VIN last Monday. He told me the car is in transit and should arrive at my local SC on the 10th! That was the same date a different CS rep told me last week as well... Hopefully they're not full of *sugar* and I will be able to take delivery sometime next week!! Hang in there guys, I'm a 12/5/20 order, so it's officially been over a year since I ordered.
Sincerely... Good luck... hope you get delivered. For the rest of us left on the island of misfit orders this nonsense is maddening.

This maybe a good thing, if they found a problem or some retro fitting, upgrades, battery recalilation etc. When all is fine we should have a good functional vehicle.
The last thing any manufacturer want is a bad name or rep.
Good Vibes peps 🤞🏾
For what ever reason the Tesla press has not been covering our struggles... in my view Tesla rep is crumbling. This can and should have been MANAGED differently, professionally, transparently but that's not how Tesla rolls.

Okay, so that takes it from 1 month to 2, maybe 3 months of ROI? But you also don't have to have a wall charger, I used my mobile charger full time for the first 2 years. 🤷‍♂️
I got a 60A circuit and the Tesla HPWC installed pretty early on, and in hindsight I wish I would've just saved $600+ and gone with a NEMA 14-50. Myself, like the overwhelming majority of EV owners who charge at home, largely do so overnight.

I got a 60A circuit and the Tesla HPWC installed pretty early on, and in hindsight I wish I would've just saved $600+ and gone with a NEMA 14-50. Myself, like the overwhelming majority of EV owners who charge at home, largely do so overnight.

My house already had a NEMA 14-30 in the garage. I just bought an extra mobile charger and bought the mount for it. Charges easily overnight. I share it between 2 MYs.

I don't want to come across as entitled or anything, but this is too much. I ordered my X on January 10th, 2021 (before the refresh was announced). I've since waited patiently, only to have the delivery estimate slip month after month, like all of you. However last month I received 2 calls from 2 different gentlemen in Fremont CA (I live in SoCal), both of whom informed me that if I switched from 5 to 6 seat config, I could take delivery in December. Almost immediately after making the change to 6 seat, my account showed "January" as the delivery estimate. They said "don't worry, that's just a placeholder, you'll 100% take delivery in December".

Now that December has rolled around, I cannot reach one of them, and the other one's phone seems to be disconnected. I didn't think much of it until today when I checked my account and my estimated delivery is now February.

I can't help but feel I was lied to in order to fill some quota for the most expensive seat configuration, which won't even expedite my delivery. I'm at a loss here, I have no idea who to contact to get switched back to 5 seat (since the promise of an expedited delivery wasn't/won't be kept) and have no clue if I'll ever even take delivery of this damn car. It feels like a unicorn just barely out of reach. Sorry, I just need to vent. Who else is in the same boat?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Okay now I’m really pissed. I was verbally guaranteed this year when I switched to 6 seat config, but today the date pushed back, yet again, to February! What the actual F?! Someone has to have a recording of them verbally guaranteeing this year. I know they said the same thing to most everyone who switched. I also believe they record all of the calls. I’m thinking it might be time for a class action. I’m sick of extending my current lease with them. A 4 year lease should not be the same price as a 3 year lease, and that’s what I’m going to have very soon. And the worst part of it all is that, as usual, no update, explanation, apology, compensation, or anything of the sort. Basically just sit there and deal with it. They couldn’t give a Sh&! less about people dropping $100k+ on their products, many of us who have now done so several times.

Last edited: