Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my X orders are still showing TBD.. At this point I assume TBD is better than February given that my MSM X had a VIN 11/30 and then removed due to inspection failure.. I truly think that there is something wrong with FWD or something major that is bringing all deliveries to a stand still.. I didnt count the X's in the 4k video but my guess is mid 100's maybe low 200's.. Im not buying the "gave a VIN on accident story.." There is something for sure wrong..
Positive: Knocking on wood, we wont get defective cars from the jump
Negative: doo doo doo doo dooo (flyover videos) is as close as we'll get to these cars till EDD: February

Last edited:
Reactions: jbrowdy
Is that a placeholder on the internal system for them or for the customer? I've spoken twice now with a CS rep at Tesla, but nothing is showing up in my account as far as a placeholder delivery date goes. They've both told me 12/10 is when the car is supposed to be at my local SC.
I called them as soon as I received the vin. He told me that they’ve been having some vins disappear and the only way to ensure it doesn’t happen is to set a tentative delivery date. I refreshed my app after I got off the call and the delivery date was there. After waiting this long I would probably reach out again and ask them why it’s not showing in your app.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
I called them as soon as I received the vin. He told me that they’ve been having some vins disappear and the only way to ensure it doesn’t happen is to set a tentative delivery date. I refreshed my app after I got off the call and the delivery date was there. After waiting this long I would probably reach out again and ask them why it’s not showing in your app.
Thats BS.. (Not you, but that narrative) I called immediately after I got VIN (within a hour) and the manager of the store told me it was first X VIN at the location and that I could set delivery date once it cleared inspection, and that it had not yet been completely built.. I asked him when that typically was and he said that should be EOW.. Basically he said, you can't have an EDD for a car that wasn't yet "built" ie clear and free to be delivered.

Reactions: TWENT2 and Stro
View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
“Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful “ lol
Congrats!!

There's a whole Waiting Room thread for all of us :)
Refreshed 2021 Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

I ordered a Plaid MX in early September so many people have been waiting longer than me. When I ordered they said April and my account still says April so we shall see. I picked up a Volvo XC40 Recharge on a subscription (really a 24 month lease that includes insurance). I really like the car and can turn it in at any time after 5 months with no penalty.

Also, if you want to make yourself feel better, go over to the MS Refresh issues thread. You will be glad that they are delaying MX to give them more time to fix the new software.

The fanbois will be along shortly to tell you that you are wrong, that Tesla is the best, and no one can beat them....

Though to be fair, everyone is struggling with the supply chain impacts of the experiments are lovely governments are running on the economy.

View attachment 741672I picked up my X on Sunday. It’s amazing and would’ve been worth waiting two years if necessary. Much has improved compared to my 2017 model. I hate to see orders being pushed back for so many and honestly feel a little guilty to have received mine when others who ordered before December 24 last year still don’t have theirs. I really hope they start pumping out vins to more and more cars soon but trust me it will all be worth it when you see it for the first time.

PS: Make sure you contact Tesla immediately when your vin is assigned. If they don’t put a placeholder delivery date in the system you could lose the vin at any time.
Congratulations, enjoy your car, when u halve time , can u share some photo for the white inter!!

Your situation may be different than mine. My X was already on a truck and halfway across the country when my vin appeared in my account. Perhaps it had already been through inspection in Fremont?
Yea for sure.. I wasn't speaking directly about you or your situation it was more so about the "call as soon as you get a VIN, to ensure you will not lose it" I did that almost as fast as I could and that didn't save me from the sadness lol.. Also the narrative of "we accidentally gave out VIN's" is BS.. Something has to be wrong with all those X's in around the test track and by the GIGA press.. Too many VIN's given out and yanked/Too many (expensive/high margin) cars sitting there not getting delivered for that to be true..

Reactions: TrevTremaine
5109466050 this number always connects me automatically to someone that always is very well informed. what you need to do is call and it will ask you for an extension of the person you want to reach, don't press anything and it will automatically connect you to someone in Fremont.
Thanks. Just called this number and got an update on my vehicle. The representative said that the car is in transit from Fremont to Colma (41.6 miles).
So, I really hope to get a call from the delivery center soon.

Congrats! Your X looks greyT!!!

Yea for sure.. I wasn't speaking directly about you or your situation it was more so about the "call as soon as you get a VIN, to ensure you will not lose it" I did that almost as fast as I could and that didn't save me from the sadness lol.. Also the narrative of "we accidentally gave out VIN's" is BS.. Something has to be wrong with all those X's in around the test track and by the GIGA press.. Too many VIN's given out and yanked/Too many (expensive/high margin) cars sitting there not getting delivered for that to be true..
Agree, I contacted right away, within minutes of getting text….completed loan/insurance and wired cash all within 24 hours…still lost vin

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations @T.REX! The dark wheels and chrome delete are subtle, but make a HUGE difference. So cool to see it side by side with it's older brother/sister.

Reactions: T.REX

Congrats! When you have a sec, what specifically is better as compared to your 2016?

Thanks! and I second the request for interior photos of the white 6 seat interior.

Reactions: flippingrich
Just like everyone else, got pushed from Jan to Feb.

For some data point, my MY LR order was at Feb 22 - Mar something, then it moved to Dec 9 - Dec 22 last week, then today it moved to Mar 2 - 30. So, basically, doesn't mean anything (ordered MY as backup plan in Oct, MX order was Feb 2021).

For those that keep extending the lease, we went with Volvo Care program with XC60. Other than having to fill up the tank at gas station, we love it! (our first SUV). So, much that the boss doesn't mind getting an ICE car now or move away from the MX and just get MY instead.

I tried the 2nd row for the 6 seat MX, I didn't like the fact it can not recline. My wife and I drive the car mostly, just two of us, but sometimes we do take long family trips, it becomes uncomfortable for the people sitting in the back. I rejected the offer and plan to wait for my 5 seats.
Did you sit in the bench seat? If no one is going to sit in it, it would be good to put down for traveling otherwise uncomfortable.

Just like everyone else, got pushed from Jan to Feb.

For some data point, my MY LR order was at Feb 22 - Mar something, then it moved to Dec 9 - Dec 22 last week, then today it moved to Mar 2 - 30. So, basically, doesn't mean anything (ordered MY as backup plan in Oct, MX order was Feb 2021).

For those that keep extending the lease, we went with Volvo Care program with XC60. Other than having to fill up the tank at gas station, we love it! (our first SUV). So, much that the boss doesn't mind getting an ICE car now or move away from the MX and just get MY instead.
My Y was similar but today moved up from end of month today