Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok while I’m waiting for my LR X, I just arrived at the in-laws and excitedly plugged in our LR Y with the mobile charger to the 14-50 outlet, hoping to apply the knowledge I gained in this thread (charge at 80% off the 50 amp circuit, ie 40 amps).

But alas, the Tesla only allows 32 amps!!! 😟
This is an up-to-code brand new 14-50 outlet on a 50-amp breaker.

So yeah, the high power wall connector we have at home, at 44-45 mph range, is substantially superior over the course of a few hours.

So to those who were asking if it’s worth to install a HPWC while waiting on your Model X, here’s a definite YES. Mobile connector caps you at 32 amps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 74
Ok while I’m waiting for my LR X, I just arrived at the in-laws and excitedly plugged in our LR Y with the mobile charger to the 14-50 outlet, hoping to apply the knowledge I gained in this thread (charge at 80% off the 50 amp circuit, ie 40 amps).

So yeah, the high power wall connector we have at home, at 44-45 mph range, is substantially superior over the course of a few hours.

So to those who were asking if it’s worth to install a HPWC while waiting on your Model X, here’s a definite YES. Mobile connector caps you at 32 amps.
This is, in fact, an exact example of a situation in which we could really use faster charging because we are about to leave in 1 hr for a destination (the airport) ~70 miles away. If we added 45 miles before leaving we’d be about 90 miles remaining range upon return (probably less with going off route for a restaurant etc) and wouldn’t need to supercharge.

As it is we’ll be really close to our 20% cutoff below which we won’t go except in extremis, so we’ll probably supercharge rather than cut it so close.

Waiting on my Model X LR RED/white 7 seater 20” and glad we installed a HPWC at home at least….

Your charger is the cheaper Gen2 version. Get the original Gen1 instead to charge at 40A, much more flexible than wall charger.

Does anyone know how many original 6 seats orders have got the VINS?
I was an original 6 seats order got a vin 11/30 then lost it and just got a new one so we will see if this one sticks. 7SAXCBE58NF3294XX
2/26/21 order date. MSM Black 6 Seat 20" FSD. Did not expect to see anything as it is going into the weekend. Let the Rollercoaster continue. Last vin was a 21 model and started with a 5, now a 22 model with a 7. Who knows. I was thinking they may fix whatever was wrong and give back the ame vin, but guess not.

I was an original 6 seats order got a vin 11/30 then lost it and just got a new one so we will see if this one sticks. 7SAXCBE58NF3294XX
2/26/21 order date. MSM Black 6 Seat 20" FSD. Did not expect to see anything as it is going into the weekend. Let the Rollercoaster continue. Last vin was a 21 model and started with a 5, now a 22 model with a 7. Who knows. I was thinking they may fix whatever was wrong and give back the ame vin, but guess not.
Congrats. 2/26 though. Ugh. This forum breaks my heart every day nowadays.

Viner here :) Got a text from my SA today. 7SAXCBE50NF3292xx. Ordered LR MSM/black 7 seat 20” on 1/14/21. Upgraded to 6 seat on 10/17/21. Called the same person in Fremont (who offered the 6 seat) to change the ext color to red on 10/31/21 (additional $1k). Burbank, CA
Didn't have to pay new MSRP on the car when you called back at a later date to switch the color? Or are you already paying the current MSRP?

Congrats!!!
Did you have TBD or February as your EDD?

Thanks!!