Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
appears that FSD is a priority over those that opted to not get it....the amount of VIN's for FSD vehicles is completely lopsided

I was suspecting this too. Funny, I removed FSD because I was planning on subscribing. I wonder if I add it again, if that will bump me up. 😂

I’m desperate. At this point I would let Elon sit on my face, if it meant just getting a delivery date.

Awwww. I hope you're right! Hope all of us get one next week... especially the Plaid folks as I want to see the performance on those to make me jelly I didn't get one.
Ordered 1/14/21
Vin 11/30/21 MF
UnVINed 12/2/21
New VIN 12/15/21 NF
Delivery to Schaumburg 12/27 to 12/30
Gray, wh, 6, 20.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219-195619_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211219-195619_Tesla.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 65
So I finally got my VIN 7SAXCBE57NF32xxxx and delivery date still says TBD. Any suggestions here to speed up delievry or get status?
I think you're the first AZ VINner on this forum! Congratulations! Since we're only 4 gas tanks away from Fremont, I'm sure that it'll come this year. I'm hoping that I get my VIN and we share a truck! My delivery center got moved from Scottsdale to Mesa for some reason.

Random question and also a suggestion possibly for the google tracking sheet…
How many people in this forum waiting on their X are first time Tesla owners? How many are first time Model X owners?
I have owned two Model 3 performances (2019 and 2021) traded in my 19 for the 21 because trade in value was so high and was/am waiting for my Model S LR to be delivered.. MSM X is for my wife (first time Tesla).. white is for sister (first time Tesla)

How many people in this forum waiting on their X are first time Tesla owners? How many are first time Model X owners?
I have owned two Model 3 performances (2019 and 2021) traded in my 19 for the 21 because trade in value was so high and was/am waiting for my Model S LR to be delivered.. MSM X is for my wife (first time Tesla).. white is for sister (first time Tesla)
Dang, you're buying your sis an MX? Hi long lost brother!

This will be my third Tesla, but my first MX.

I have a confession to make: I was (am) really upset that the X refresh details I’ve learned in this forum weren’t everything I wanted.* I seriously considered canceling. I’ve even said I would hold off until Tesla produces an X with the specs I want lol.

HOWEVER: in a parallel realm of my life, I’ve always held off on buying a VR headset because I really want one in ultra high HD, full visual field, and with an omnidirectional treadmill like Virtuix is developing (and preferably with Haptx-like gloves etc etc).

Then my wife gave me an Oculus Quest 2 for my birthday. It’s not high definition. It’s not full visual fields: it’s like looking through a pair of binoculars. So why am I sharing this? Because the Oculus is state of the art. It’s incredible. It’s totally awesome. I love it FAR more than I expected for it not meeting my ultimate preferences.

Basically I realized, I may as well enjoy what’s presently available instead of waiting for a pie in the sky. Because what’s available now is pretty *sugar* awesome.

So yeah, I’m pretty excited about getting my X.

*Mainly, I was wishful-thinking hoping the actual refresh Model X would have BETTER specs than the refresh reveal. But it doesn’t. In particular, it doesn’t have 450 + miles range (so I’d have 200+ miles useful for towing & cold weather without going below 20% and without having to stop every 80-100 miles for an hour on road trips)…

Fifth for me. Second Model X.

I’m a first timer with anything Tesla. I really don’t think first time vs. repeat customer plays into their delivery logistics, but who knows!

PS: Huge thanks to whoever added the check list items to the sheet! I’ll be sure to report hit and miss results after delivery tomorrow.

PPS: The VIN trend per the orders google sheet is definitely headed in the right direction. Tesla SCs rally for end of quarter deliveries so hopefully we’ll see more VINers in the coming days 🤞

For all of the lucky recent owners of the refreshed MX, I have a couple questions now that you have had it for a few weeks.

1. Auto Shift. Does it work well and are you using it?

2. Yoke. Everyone has said that the yoke is fine and that you get used to it quickly. My question is, if a regular steering wheel was an option, what would you choose?

Last edited:
I’m a VINner!!! Black/Black/6 seater/20 inch/FSD ordered 2/6/2021. EDD = TBD

I received the email on Tuesday from Schaumburg asking I was ready for delivery this year. As the days went by without a VIN and the EDD = February, I became more skeptical on this year. Last night I hit my bottom, and decided to get a VIN I needed to delete the Tesla app, stop checking Tesla.com, and stop checking this forum…. :(. Today my wife checked my email and saw an orientation email from Schaumburg and then she checked Tesla.com on my behalf and there was a VIN!!! Don’t lose hope!!!!

I love you all!
OMG, I love your new avatar photo! Congratulations!

I’m a first timer with anything Tesla. I really don’t think first time vs. repeat customer plays into their delivery logistics, but who knows!

PS: Huge thanks to whoever added the check list items to the sheet! I’ll be sure to report hit and miss results after delivery tomorrow.

PPS: The VIN trend per the orders google sheet is definitely headed in the right direction. Tesla SCs rally for end of quarter deliveries so hopefully we’ll see more VINers in the coming days 🤞
I was more so just seeing how many people have experienced the awesomeness that comes with owning a Tesla, and also seeing how many people are repeat X buyers.. I have two friends that have owned them, one traded it in for the Y the other still has it and loves it.. The one who traded it in for the Y was not a fan of the FWD.. He said they were awesome to "show off" but annoying with kids getting knocked out by them jk lol but seriously he said that the doors were annoying in certain situations and for him it was enough to move to the Y.. He loved Tesla but the doors were too much.. Anyone else thats owned an X want to talk through that? I have two little ones (3 and 1) and my wife and I are hyped to get them in and out of the doors, but didn't think through the "knocking them in their face" part of it.. lol

I have a confession to make: I was (am) really upset that the X refresh details I’ve learned in this forum weren’t everything I wanted.* I seriously considered canceling. I’ve even said I would hold off until Tesla produces an X with the specs I want lol.

HOWEVER: in a parallel realm of my life, I’ve always held off on buying a VR headset because I really want one in ultra high HD, full visual field, and with an omnidirectional treadmill like Virtuix is developing (and preferably with Haptx-like gloves etc etc).

Then my wife gave me an Oculus Quest 2 for my birthday. It’s not high definition. It’s not full visual fields: it’s like looking through a pair of binoculars. So why am I sharing this? Because the Oculus is state of the art. It’s incredible. It’s totally awesome. I love it FAR more than I expected for it not meeting my ultimate preferences.

Basically I realized, I may as well enjoy what’s presently available instead of waiting for a pie in the sky. Because what’s available now is pretty *sugar* awesome.

So yeah, I’m pretty excited about getting my X.

*Mainly, I was wishful-thinking hoping the actual refresh Model X would have BETTER specs than the refresh reveal. But it doesn’t. In particular, it doesn’t have 450 + miles range (so I’d have 200+ miles useful for towing & cold weather without going below 20% and without having to stop every 80-100 miles for an hour on road trips)…
Try using a HoloLens. The FoV is so much smaller. Meta’s new “Pro” VR headset should be out this coming year. I’ll be upgrading my Quest 2 then.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr