Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, they will stop at nothing to unload more Model S Plaids.

This is why I feel like I’ll get my X Plaid almost immediately after they start shipping them. 2 months later, we will see dozens of them on the existing inventory page while orders from over a year ago will still be waiting for their LR 5-seater.
Great point. If I wanted a MS Plaid the KC SC has at least 6 Plaid's ready to go. Having that kind of inventory in a relative small market is amazing. Didn't realize that Tesla was making cars without having a confirmed order for the vehicle.

Great point. If I wanted a MS Plaid the KC SC has at least 6 Plaid's ready to go. Having that kind of inventory in a relative small market is amazing. Didn't realize that Tesla was making cars without having a confirmed order for the vehicle.
They did have confirmed orders....but people change their minds or financing doesn't work out....100 to secure a car makes it easy to walk away from

I still think Tesla should have stuck to the 1000 deposit amounts to order a car at least when it comes to the S and the X. If they wanted to keep it 100 on the 3 and Y so be it but I would have moved to 1000 deposit across the board. Only truly serious buyers would lay down 1000....100 is nothing to walk away from the deal
Good point, but when it's time and the buyer pass on it. Won't or shouldn't things speed up when they pass it on the the next buyer with the same configuration 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hi @Empty tank ,

The trick is they pass it on to the next buyer with the same configuration at the same Location...
That can make it difficult... As someone said earlier they will not likely load it on another truck
to move it somewhere else...

Shawn

PS _ Still waiting patiently for my VIN for September 2022...
Based on the current trend seen here, you MAY get a VIN before most of us. I wouldn't think it's impossible. We've already seen August... and even an October 2021 order get a VIN, but it was pulled from them not long after. Almost there, bud!

These jokers at my SC in Mesa are saying they need “at least a week” to thoroughly inspect my ModelX that showed up this morning. Like what the hell man. What do they do at Fremont and the fact that I have 34 miles on the car already..? Beyond annoyed..

I'd be happy they want you to be happy with the car before you start paying for it and start your warranty period.

Also calling them names isn't helping.

Anyone know how long Transit takes from Fremont to East Cost?

Thank you @LL#2
Is your app updated with delivery date (12/24-12/27)?
I've been emailing Schaumburg. They needed to make sure I could pickup in the 3 day window before yr end. Which I can.

I sold my 2017 MX in August to Carmax. Can't wait. Totally miss my X.

Oddly one of the best features ...besides Autopilot...is Google maps on the large screen and being able to change it while driving. Gives you the ETA etc.

FYI I removed FSD because it appears undeveloped. I do mostly highway driving, so Autopilot is very sufficient.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and JBTMX
I'd be happy they want you to be happy with the car before you start paying for it and start your warranty period.

Also calling them names isn't helping.
I’m not against them inspecting it but the amount of time they need to inspect it with no rhyme or reason and no idea when they can give me a delivery window is rediculous, not sure how long you have been waiting but it’s been over 365 days. Calling someone a “joker” is name calling? That’s interesting…