Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Providing an update: Received a proactive call from the SA today. Asked if I had any questions, affirming an end of year delivery. The only question I had was "Any idea on the delivery date?" They expect my X to show up on the 29th with delivery on the 30th.

-Received my VIN on Saturday (made payment the same day)
-Still EDD = TBD
Which Chicago area Tesla center are you picking up at?

I just spoke with the Tesla virtual store person. He is super helpful, but there is only so much that he can do.

How would you feel if you found out that Tesla had assigned a VIN and then removed it twice in two months? :eek:

1st VIN: Nov 30, Removed Dec 2.
2st VIN: Dec 11, Removed Dec 12.

And then your reservation number is now unassigned to any team at Tesla. :D

The good news is my account marked as "Ready to take delivery as soon as possible"

I guess, Tomorrow (a good day for me, I think) I'll go to the store and have them assign me a salesperson to look after my reservation.

Correct think some ppl are confusing the two. Regular AP w out the FSD package won't change lanes. When you hit turn signal AP lane keep turns off only have TACC. Move over and you can turn AP back on.

AP w the FSD option (not to be confused with being in the beta) just the option/subscription you put a blinker on w AP engaged it will look for an opening and move the car into that lane automatically. If you use Navigate on AP (again w FSD option) you can set the car to automatically go around slower vehicles on multi lane roads. (ie it suggests a lane change and unless you hit blinker or tap cancel it will automatically change lanes).

Hope this clarifies.
So if you don't want to go through the hassle of Turing auto pilot on and off, you have the (admittedly sometimes unsafe) option of switching lanes without signaling and autopilot stays engaged? That seems sure to create poor driving patterns...

I think I need to check myself into a Tesla Recovery program... I walked into CVS and intuitively gravitated to the little model car stand... even here, NOT ONE TESLA IN THE ENTIRE BUNCH!!!

Attachments

• 20211221_153037.jpg
    20211221_153037.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 74
Freaking great. I'm willing to be that when I'm next in line to receive one, they'll make the executive decision to start Plaid production followed by 7 seats and 5 seats. April EDD in my future.
The same thing I thought lmao. “Yeahhh we’re done with the 6 seaters right now” 💀 bruh I swear if they do that I’m done. I’m done 😂

So if you don't want to go through the hassle of Turing auto pilot on and off, you have the (admittedly sometimes unsafe) option of switching lanes without signaling and autopilot stays engaged? That seems sure to create poor driving patterns...
No. If you change lanes while on AP, it disengages and you feel the lane keep resistance.

This is my biggest feature/change request. I’m not looking for AUTO lane change on AP. I just want it to pause AP when you put the blinker on, let you change lanes manually, and then return to AP automatically. The re-engaging AP every time you change lanes is frustrating.

For what it's worth, with the latest .44 software the amount of force on the steering wheel it takes to auto-cancel lane keeping is much lower, slight tug and you're through the resistance and into the next lane. On previous versions of AP it would take quite a lot of force to cancel the lane keeping with steering input (and thereby maintain cruise speed with TAC on and lanekeeping off during the lane change). Nice improvement that they didn't really talk about in the release notes at all.

My lanekeeping never auto-cancelled with the turn signal. You always had to also grab the wheel and turn it, or disengage everything with the stalk
I haven't received the holiday update yet

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
No. If you change lanes while on AP, it disengages and you feel the lane keep resistance.

This is my biggest feature/change request. I’m not looking for AUTO lane change on AP. I just want it to pause AP when you put the blinker on, let you change lanes manually, and then return to AP automatically. The re-engaging AP every time you change lanes is frustrating.
So, pause AP when you turn on the blinker. That is an acceptable solution. However, given my preference, I would like it to do what it is doing now, put the blinker on and it moves into the lane keeping AP on.