Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
22A9A535-903B-4F9C-9410-89C51D0246EA.jpeg

Has anyone received a letter like this? It’s coming in the mail today but I’m out of state visiting family until the 29th and it’s driving me nuts trying to figure out what it might be.

No VIN, app and website are both still showing February.

(MXLR, MSM, black, 6 seat, Mar ‘21 order)

View attachment 747480
Has anyone received a letter like this? It’s coming in the mail today but I’m out of state visiting family until the 29th and it’s driving me nuts trying to figure out what it might be.

A check with your deposit back. That’d be my luck. But usually us Texans get mail for registration paperwork.

View attachment 747480

Is there anyone that can pick it up? Shoot, Iif you’re on the south side, I can scoop it up for you so you can see what’s inside it.

Reactions: face4radio
View attachment 747480

From what I understood, to make deliveries easier before the end of year they now freeze dry the model X's to make them small enough to fit in your post. All he have to do is add water and Ta-Da!!!

For what it is worth... I just received a call from my wife (in her MY) passing the Tesla store in Wayne PA and she notice a "bunch" of MXs being offloaded from a trailer. When I asked my SA in early December for a better EDD, he said that there were no PA MX deliveries. It looks like that is about to change (but not for me as I do not yet have a VIN). I asked for a Pic but she was driving and was not able to snap a picture :(

This is not accurate if you take delivery in Fremont. Tesla has attempted to get an exemption, but California charges the state tax at delivery. You cannot take delivery of a car in California without registering it.
I bought a Mercedes in 2011 in Monterey. They gave me a special driving out of Californian registration and didn’t have to pay California tax.
I had I think 3 day to get it out. Not sure if that is still available.

Got a VIN four days ago after being TBD for a week or two. (Order date: 2/02/21. White, black seats, 20's, FSD.) Been waiting patiently for an E-mail or text with more delivery info. Just got the call, the car is here ... it's ready for delivery ... and we can deliver it today if you want. Yes, I want. It can happen very fast. Scottsdale.
I also ordered in February on 2/20/21.

6 seater, Blk, Blk, 22, FSD - in Los Angeles

Today.....after being Feb EDD, it's now showing TBD. Like you, could this be a good sign? I'll happily wait a week or two with TBD if I get a "Good News" call 😬

I'm trying not to look into this but gives me hope. Anyone else get moved to TBD recently?