Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I already knew better than to get my hopes up, when my SA told me that my X was on the list for delivery in the next 3 weeks. I was promised delivery this year when I switched to 6 seats, much like many others here. However, the year is just about over, and I still have no VIN. I’m sure Tesla will do absolutely nothing about it, since they’ve certainly never cared any time they missed a deadline in the past.
I just emailed my SA and asked about the status, and he said they’ve getting a lot less deliveries than they expected, presumably due to bad weather in Oregon. After some back and forth, turns out that he doesn’t have any idea if my X has even been produced yet, or is anywhere near production, more or less if it’s actually on a trailer somewhere just stuck in bad weather. Just in case anyone still thinks that the SA’s have any more information than us, they don’t.
Really can’t wait for someone to actually compete with tesla, so we can finally do something about it when Tesla continually makes it clear that they just don’t give a $h!t.
I was promised delivery this year for the 6 seat upgrade as well. I sent a text about this to my *new* SA since my old one stopped responding in March right after I ordered. The response was “no one should have promised you delivery this year.” I said thats convenient to say after the fact but it doesn’t change what was promised. I asked if I could change back to the 5 seater I originally ordered without losing my place in line.

This is the part that is going to shock you all: I didn't get a response.

Someone ordered a Plaid X on 9/30 of this year and just took delivery today. Some people just get so damn lucky while the rest of us sit here and wait forever.
I’m still waiting to be one of those last minute re-assignments because somebody refuses or can’t get it in time and the configuration matches mine. A man’s gotta dream right?!?

Right there with ya. Order the day after you and I live about 4hrs from the factory. When I called Fremont about a month ago when EDD changed to Feb I spoke with a gale there and she said it’s a placeholder but she is seeing March on her end for my car. Who knows who to trust? I will be very disappointed if it’s March and won’t be all “yeah I’m glad you got your VIN to those that ordered 1-7 months after me”.
Similar and was also told March. None of it makes sense.

Reactions: EVMoaOhana
Are all the Model X’s being made in Fremont?
I recall reading a couple years ago that California regulations limited the quality of the paint so the Fremont cars all had kinda soft paint or something. 😕
Yep, get her wrapped first thing or you will have a plethora of little paint chips adjacent to the wheel wells within a few months. This is especially an issue if you do any winter driving. This has been well documented on various threads.

My Model X is finally here. The SC moved up the delivery day by one day so I picked it up yesterday. They seemed busy, not crazy busy, but it did take them about 30 minutes after I arrived to have the car ready. Immediately after sitting in the driver’s seat for the first time, I set my key card down on the center console and the card slid forward and disappeared into somewhere in the dash. So they took the car back into the shop and took the console apart and about 10 minutes later, I had the car again.

Initial Impressions:

The yoke was absolutely no problem. I grabbed air a few times when turning corners but soon was used to it. The blinkers are taking a little longer to get used to but shouldn’t take too long. Other than that, since it's my first Tesla, it's taking a little while to find where everything is hidden in the UI.

I looked it over pretty close but not using any sort of checklist and found only one thing physically wrong. The rubber above the driver’s side window was a little bit out of the channel where it should be.

Also, I got to use my wall connector for the first time since I installed it about 10 months ago. I’m glad to find out it works.View attachment 749397
So I picked up my car last night today I left my 19yr old in the car with the key card. He set it down and fell into the console...ugh. I had a think envelope we tried to catch or push it with. We finally got it by opening and shutting the console door a bunch. So funny. We both looked at each other and he said we should tell Tesla this is going to be a problem for other people. I couldn't think of a little gasket repair etc and thought what are the odds. We were a little panicked if we left it anyone could take the car😳

Hello to this wonderful group of people. I received the VIN text a few minutes back. Order RN1145466XX, Order Date 2/21/21. LR/White/Black/22/FSD. VIN
7SAXCBE52NF3296XX. Currently on hold with 'Tesla Division' of BofA auto financing. Any insight into the steps taken with Tesla after the loan is all set to go? I've got loan approval but need to finalize some things over phone with a BofA associate. I am assuming their' Tesla Division' is a bit busy at year end (20 minutes on hold and counting). I am wondering how challenging it will be to speak with a Tesla associate (I don't have any SA information) once I finish with the lender. Thank you all for your expertise!
If you don’t mind me asking. What location are you taking delivery at?

So I picked up my car last night today I left my 19yr old in the car with the key card. He set it down and fell into the console...ugh. I had a think envelope we tried to catch or push it with. We finally got it by opening and shutting the console door a bunch. So funny. We both looked at each other and he said we should tell Tesla this is going to be a problem for other people. I couldn't think of a little gasket repair etc and thought what are the odds. We were a little panicked if we left it anyone could take the car😳
Yeah, I think it is going to eat all kinds of Tesla owner's credit cards and paper but I think I'm cured from putting anything on top of that console door now. I asked the technician if I should come back and watch how he takes it apart because it'll probably happen again when I go home and he said, in the future I shouldn't be using those cards and to instead just use my phone as a key. That's probably true in general.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Yeah, I think it is going to eat all kinds of Tesla owner's credit cards and paper but I think I'm cured from putting anything on top of that console door now. I asked the technician if I should come back and watch how he takes it apart because it'll probably happen again when I go home and he said, in the future I shouldn't be using those cards and to instead just use my phone as a key. That's probably true in general.
MKBHD had this issue with his Plaid S.
He got his card back with a nice touch on the accelerator.

Thank you! I've got the loan in order but need updated purchase docs from Tesla. When calling Tesla Finance (844-837-5285) I get fast busy signal. Anybody have a better number to call to get purchase docs updated?
My only suggestion would be to go in person to your local Tesla location and talk to a person so they can escalate the issue for you.
Sorry I don’t have any other help to offer. 😕

Reactions: Empty tank
Right there with ya. Order the day after you and I live about 4hrs from the factory. When I called Fremont about a month ago when EDD changed to Feb I spoke with a gale there and she said it’s a placeholder but she is seeing March on her end for my car. Who knows who to trust? I will be very disappointed if it’s March and won’t be all “yeah I’m glad you got your VIN to those that ordered 1-7 months after me”.
What number do you call in Fremont? My local SA doesn’t respond.

Hey everyone! Figured I’d chime in with my info since I’ve been reading the forum for a bit and still waiting on my MX. My order date was 1/18/21. Original order was LR/Black/Cream/22”/6 seat/FSD and haven’t made any changes. Currently sitting with a February EDD, and no contact from SA in months. Ordered/located in VA, and not sure we’ve seen any deliveries yet. Still (patiently?) waiting for any updates or a sign. Hope we all see something soon!

If you don’t mind me asking. What location are you taking delivery at?
Set for Santa Ana I believe. Though I am up on central coast for the week. If end of year delivery is a must I’ll try to shift to Central Valley (Bakersfield).

On a slight side note: our drive up here yesterday involved 100 miles of highway 5N. I counted 14 southbound trucks loaded with Teslas but only two X’s in total. Both black. Couldn’t spot rims or plaid badges while driving
🤦🏻‍♂️

My Model X is finally here. The SC moved up the delivery day by one day so I picked it up yesterday. They seemed busy, not crazy busy, but it did take them about 30 minutes after I arrived to have the car ready. Immediately after sitting in the driver’s seat for the first time, I set my key card down on the center console and the card slid forward and disappeared into somewhere in the dash. So they took the car back into the shop and took the console apart and about 10 minutes later, I had the car again.

Initial Impressions:

The yoke was absolutely no problem. I grabbed air a few times when turning corners but soon was used to it. The blinkers are taking a little longer to get used to but shouldn’t take too long. Other than that, since it's my first Tesla, it's taking a little while to find where everything is hidden in the UI.

I looked it over pretty close but not using any sort of checklist and found only one thing physically wrong. The rubber above the driver’s side window was a little bit out of the channel where it should be.

Also, I got to use my wall connector for the first time since I installed it about 10 months ago. I’m glad to find out it works.View attachment 749397
🎉Congrats !!