Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Figured I’d chime in with my info since I’ve been reading the forum for a bit and still waiting on my MX. My order date was 1/18/21. Original order was LR/Black/Cream/22”/6 seat/FSD and haven’t made any changes. Currently sitting with a February EDD, and no contact from SA in months. Ordered/located in VA, and not sure we’ve seen any deliveries yet. Still (patiently?) waiting for any updates or a sign. Hope we all see something soon!
Welcome! Considering you’re a pre-refresh order, I’d guess you’ll get a VIN soon. But I’m never right, so don’t mind me.

Hey everyone! Figured I’d chime in with my info since I’ve been reading the forum for a bit and still waiting on my MX. My order date was 1/18/21. Original order was LR/Black/Cream/22”/6 seat/FSD and haven’t made any changes. Currently sitting with a February EDD, and no contact from SA in months. Ordered/located in VA, and not sure we’ve seen any deliveries yet. Still (patiently?) waiting for any updates or a sign. Hope we all see something soon!
I’m gonna start being like our oracle who already got his car but with realistic predictions: “I have a feeling 2022 is going to be a good year for VINNING.”

While an unmatched VIN is unfortunate, it's not unusual and might not be directly interpreted as "greedy". It could just be a change in shipping arrangement as the post above explained, especially for a long trip to KY. And I've heard at least three cases (from my friends) where VINs were unmatched before taking the delivery finally.

Wow.. to actually do the work yourself is even more impressive. Job well done! And with the windows all around, it almost seems like a waste that it’s a garage. But with the Model X, definitely fits in well. 😄

Check out this madness.. I traded in my 2019 M3P for $56k and I bought it for $57.5k ($61k - $3.5k tax incentive) which means I paid $1.5k to drive it for 24 months
I got a 2021 M3P for $61,194 to lock in that trade in value while I waited on my MSLR (which is still not delivered)
I was reached out to today to take a MSLR that had minor hail damage and had black seats oppose to white that I ordered. They said they’d take 3k off the price for the damage that they repaired and I can take delivery asap. So I checked my value on Carvana and VROOM.. carvana was 52k and VROOM was $62,000!!! Which means I got paid $800 to drive a M3P for the last 6 months..
Which also means I will have paid $700 to drive a M3P for 30 months or $23.33 a month!! 😎🤯🤯🤯
117623B0-5C1A-4638-B4DD-2DD31F09FBF6.jpeg
67B0B048-4897-462E-8704-3D2110822CF0.jpeg

Check out this madness.. I traded in my 2019 M3P for $56k and I bought it for $57.5k ($61k - $3.5k tax incentive) which means I paid $1.5k to drive it for 24 months
I got a 2021 M3P for $61,194 to lock in that trade in value while I waited on my MSLR (which is still not delivered)
I was reached out to today to take a MSLR that had minor hail damage and had black seats oppose to white that I ordered. They said they’d take 3k off the price for the damage that they repaired and I can take delivery asap. So I checked my value on Carvana and VROOM.. carvana was 52k and VROOM was $62,000!!! Which means I got paid $800 to drive a M3P for the last 6 months..
Which also means I will have paid $700 to drive a M3P for 30 months or $23.33 a month!! 😎🤯🤯🤯
View attachment 749444View attachment 749445
How does that compare to what Tesla are offering you on trade in?

So, for those of us who got a call to switch to a 6-seater and get a December delivery, when do you think we'll get another call to switch something else up to get a [insert possible date] delivery? I'm assuming the change would be the white interior converted to the black interior. Meanwhile, someone else who ordered last week will probably get one that was of your original config later this week.

It seems a lot of the people who get a Model X delivery were at some point talking to their SA.

Even though they know nothing more than we, maybe this is a strategy that accelerates delivery? Call, be jocular, and they pass along a little pressure to Magic Central.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
So I picked up my car last night today I left my 19yr old in the car with the key card. He set it down and fell into the console...ugh. I had a think envelope we tried to catch or push it with. We finally got it by opening and shutting the console door a bunch. So funny. We both looked at each other and he said we should tell Tesla this is going to be a problem for other people. I couldn't think of a little gasket repair etc and thought what are the odds. We were a little panicked if we left it anyone could take the car😳
This was an issue on my 2017 X as well. I lost countless parking lot stubs to it. You would think I would learn haha. I didn't. But Tesla hasn't either. They had a golden opportunity to address it in the refresh and sadly even though it is a new design they kept the card/ticket eater "feature".
View attachment 749444View attachment 749445
The car market right now is a seller's market, especially for Teslas which are incredibly backordered.

I bought my 2017 year model X in 2019 for $87k with 22k miles on it. On July 1st 2021 I was hit by a box truck and projected into a semi. Car was totaled - insurance paid me $102k cash with 39k miles on it's death bed. (currently available at auction if anyone is interested in buying it haha)
The TeslaCam footage is pretty crazy. If anyone is curious what a totaled $100k Model X looks like:
5 or 7 seat. Can’t figure out but getting closer!
So exciting!! The last 7 seater we saw was in Chicago I believe? This one is in Woodside CA. That makes two! A good sign for us 5 and 7 seater people! :D
Edit: This is definitely a 7-seater. The middle row is on tracks to slide forward.

Last edited:
I’m a 2020 order holder. Until Nov I never even had a EDD listed at all. Then it appeared with TBD. Has been like that since.
Ordered on Dec 29th, 2020 from Southern California. Tomorrow will be my 1 year anniversary for waiting my X... GOD DAMN IT TESLA!!!!
Did anyone who ordered in 2020 didn't get VIN? Is it just me?
I hope both of you get a call next week regarding your vehicles. It’s sad to see 2020 folks still waiting. I’m praying I’m not you guys a year from today when it’s about to be 2023 and I’m still here.

My Model X is finally here. The SC moved up the delivery day by one day so I picked it up yesterday. They seemed busy, not crazy busy, but it did take them about 30 minutes after I arrived to have the car ready. Immediately after sitting in the driver’s seat for the first time, I set my key card down on the center console and the card slid forward and disappeared into somewhere in the dash. So they took the car back into the shop and took the console apart and about 10 minutes later, I had the car again.

Initial Impressions:

The yoke was absolutely no problem. I grabbed air a few times when turning corners but soon was used to it. The blinkers are taking a little longer to get used to but shouldn’t take too long. Other than that, since it's my first Tesla, it's taking a little while to find where everything is hidden in the UI.

I looked it over pretty close but not using any sort of checklist and found only one thing physically wrong. The rubber above the driver’s side window was a little bit out of the channel where it should be.

Also, I got to use my wall connector for the first time since I installed it about 10 months ago. I’m glad to find out it works.View attachment 749397
Any big quality problems? Congrats!

I still think its crazy how I have a 1/22/21 6 seat order and don’t have a vin yet when the odds are on my side. (5,7 seaters aren’t being made yet & I have a pre-refresh priority order)….future doesn’t too bright for when they do start delivering 5,7 seaters and now currently plaids…. 😬😬😬
I’m with ya still. 1/14/21 always 6 seat LR. Part of the never VIN club..