Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to this wonderful group of people. I received the VIN text a few minutes back. Order RN1145466XX, Order Date 2/21/21. LR/White/Black/22/FSD. VIN
7SAXCBE52NF3296XX. Currently on hold with 'Tesla Division' of BofA auto financing. Any insight into the steps taken with Tesla after the loan is all set to go? I've got loan approval but need to finalize some things over phone with a BofA associate. I am assuming their' Tesla Division' is a bit busy at year end (20 minutes on hold and counting). I am wondering how challenging it will be to speak with a Tesla associate (I don't have any SA information) once I finish with the lender. Thank you all for your expertise!
When did you start your application with Bank of America? Trying to gauge the time I will need if I go with them also? Thx

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Can any owner that took delivery post a detailed review?

There were tons of owner feedback by this point in the S delivery cycle. I'm grateful for the user that started the issues thread but I also feel like 10+ users have taken delivery and we've gotten not much other than some initial photos.

Specifically, I'd like to know about FWD alignment and operation, particularly in inclement weather. Have any previous owners noted any differences between their previous or older X and the refresh that we don't know about?

Anyone care to turn the passenger wheel to the left so we can get a photo of the battery sticker? We need to document the battery progression to see if they develop a "B" revision of this pack.

Further, anything else noted about wind noise, insulation, especially at speed. My S will, after 20 seconds, cool from 72F to 44F when I'm traveling 70mph. The drivers footwell is an icebox. Have these issues been addressed?

Thanks!

Can any owner that took delivery post a detailed review?

There were tons of owner feedback by this point in the S delivery cycle. I'm grateful for the user that started the issues thread but I also feel like 10+ users have taken delivery and we've gotten not much other than some initial photos.

Specifically, I'd like to know about FWD alignment and operation, particularly in inclement weather. Have any previous owners noted any differences between their previous or older X and the refresh that we don't know about?

Anyone care to turn the passenger wheel to the left so we can get a photo of the battery sticker? We need to document the battery progression to see if they develop a "B" revision of this pack.

Further, anything else noted about wind noise, insulation, especially at speed. My S will, after 20 seconds, cool from 72F to 44F when I'm traveling 70mph. The drivers footwell is an icebox. Have these issues been addressed?

Thanks!
This is the sort of stuff I’m talking about we need

This was an issue on my 2017 X as well. I lost countless parking lot stubs to it. You would think I would learn haha. I didn't. But Tesla hasn't either. They had a golden opportunity to address it in the refresh and sadly even though it is a new design they kept the card/ticket eater "feature".

The car market right now is a seller's market, especially for Teslas which are incredibly backordered.

I bought my 2017 year model X in 2019 for $87k with 22k miles on it. On July 1st 2021 I was hit by a box truck and projected into a semi. Car was totaled - insurance paid me $102k cash with 39k miles on it's death bed. (currently available at auction if anyone is interested in buying it haha)
The TeslaCam footage is pretty crazy. If anyone is curious what a totaled $100k Model X looks like:

So exciting!! The last 7 seater we saw was in Chicago I believe? This one is in Woodside CA. That makes two! A good sign for us 5 and 7 seater people! :D
Edit: This is definitely a 7-seater. The middle row is on tracks to slide forward.
Whoa....those were pretty intense footages you got there. Glad you are okay. Were you injured at all? Just curious to how safe the X is, especially in an accident like yours. Thanks!

• Helpful
My original order was 11-20-2020 but switched to white from cream and downsized to 20" late June 2021 so who knows. To make matters worse, in Toronto, Canada so no idea when even though it says February. Year is still to TBD.
I’m hoping they start a Jan run for the Canadian orders and send up a few trucks… but it’s wishful thinking.. we are still seemingly safe from the luxury tax.

My Model X is finally here. The SC moved up the delivery day by one day so I picked it up yesterday. They seemed busy, not crazy busy, but it did take them about 30 minutes after I arrived to have the car ready. Immediately after sitting in the driver’s seat for the first time, I set my key card down on the center console and the card slid forward and disappeared into somewhere in the dash. So they took the car back into the shop and took the console apart and about 10 minutes later, I had the car again.

Initial Impressions:

The yoke was absolutely no problem. I grabbed air a few times when turning corners but soon was used to it. The blinkers are taking a little longer to get used to but shouldn’t take too long. Other than that, since it's my first Tesla, it's taking a little while to find where everything is hidden in the UI.

I looked it over pretty close but not using any sort of checklist and found only one thing physically wrong. The rubber above the driver’s side window was a little bit out of the channel where it should be.

Also, I got to use my wall connector for the first time since I installed it about 10 months ago. I’m glad to find out it works.View attachment 749397
Congrats I think you might be the first in MD! Hopefully I get my red one soon…

Oct 2020 order. App just went to "Schedule Delivery Appointment" (inactive button) with Feb disappearing. Site shows TBD. 🤞

(LR, Blue, Black, 20", 6 seater, no FSD, Los Angeles)
I hope I’m right behind you. October 19, 2020 order here. Im really happy for everyone getting their babies, but hearing that a September 2021 order got theirs hurts my soul.

Like everyone else had mentioned, I do wish Tesla was more attentive to communication. I’ve gotten past the point of being angry. I’m just tired, you know? I’ve been so mad that I don’t even have the energy to remain mad anymore. I guess you can just say I’m disappointed. My SAs are absolutely unresponsive. They will however reach out to me when they need to sell the S Plaids they have on the lot before EOY. I’ve referred many people to them, but even I can’t get answers to my questions without walking in and physically bugging them. Even then, the answers I get are always “I don’t know”. I guess I appreciate that more than a guess though. Anyway, I’m beginning to rant.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Dodge Ram TRX the other day. Day and night difference I know. But dealing with dealerships and their insane markups were frustrating enough for me to pull out. Gotta pick your devils I suppose.

I hope it’s worth it in the end. Everyone who’s taken delivery seems to think so. I hope that is true after the rush of euphoria wears off after delivery.

When did you start your application with Bank of America? Trying to gauge the time I will need if I go with them also? Thx
After getting the VIN text I had to unfreeze my credit with all 3 bureaus. Barring password resets and account lockouts that process took about 20 minutes. Filling out online BofA loan application took about 5 minutes and approval took about 30 seconds. This was the easy part. Once loan is approved I had to call BofA loan center and immediately got a human who transferred me to BofA's 'Tesla Division'. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Once the loan officer took my call I provided her the price sheet and she confirmed the final finance and payment information. All in all I'd say it took 80 minutes including the lengthy hold time for the Tesla Division. Now the sticking point is I need Tesla to update the purchase agreement with BofA as the lienholder. Today my mission- Speak to a human at Tesla. Wish me luck!

How are people calling an SA? How did those of you with an SA find their contact info?

After getting the VIN text I had to unfreeze my credit with all 3 bureaus. Barring password resets and account lockouts that process took about 20 minutes. Filling out online BofA loan application took about 5 minutes and approval took about 30 seconds. This was the easy part. Once loan is approved I had to call BofA loan center and immediately got a human who transferred me to BofA's 'Tesla Division'. I was on hold for 35 minutes. Once the loan officer took my call I provided her the price sheet and she confirmed the final finance and payment information. All in all I'd say it took 80 minutes including the lengthy hold time for the Tesla Division. Now the sticking point is I need Tesla to update the purchase agreement with BofA as the lienholder. Today my mission- Speak to a human at Tesla. Wish me luck!

How are people calling an SA? How did those of you with an SA find their contact info?

For me, I guess I didn't complete all the information when I placed the order online. So I was emailed and texted by a SA to complete all the information needed, i.e. insurance, finance option, etc. Thus, I have been texting that same person ever since.

I hope I’m right behind you. October 19, 2020 order here. Im really happy for everyone getting their babies, but hearing that a September 2021 order got theirs hurts my soul.

Like everyone else had mentioned, I do wish Tesla was more attentive to communication. I’ve gotten past the point of being angry. I’m just tired, you know? I’ve been so mad that I don’t even have the energy to remain mad anymore. I guess you can just say I’m disappointed. My SAs are absolutely unresponsive. They will however reach out to me when they need to sell the S Plaids they have on the lot before EOY. I’ve referred many people to them, but even I can’t get answers to my questions without walking in and physically bugging them. Even then, the answers I get are always “I don’t know”. I guess I appreciate that more than a guess though. Anyway, I’m beginning to rant.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Dodge Ram TRX the other day. Day and night difference I know. But dealing with dealerships and their insane markups were frustrating enough for me to pull out. Gotta pick your devils I suppose.

I hope it’s worth it in the end. Everyone who’s taken delivery seems to think so. I hope that is true after the rush of euphoria wears off after delivery.
Do you have Charlotte as your delivery center? My experience with them has been really poor for communication. They’ve texted me once in the past 8 months to acknowledge I exist and have ignored all of my follow up requests.

Do you have Charlotte as your delivery center? My experience with them has been really poor for communication. They’ve texted me once in the past 8 months to acknowledge I exist and have ignored all of my follow up requests.
Whaaaat? Charlotte is the closest center to Raleigh? I almost moved back to NC (lived there during my Army days). Glad I didn’t if Raleigh is that far behind.