Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take this with a grain of salt, but just got off the phone with a SA, who indicated that most TBD's are looking at delivery beyond March of this year. They're having difficulty pinpointing an estimated delivery date due to ramp-up issues. They were expecting for significant increase in production through end of 2021, but weren't able to meet the numbers they were expecting. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong.
Grain of salt taken…it’s BS. We have seen people get TBD and then VIN in the next day or couple of days (hence why people prefer TBD on the thread).

Check everything.
So I went to my delivery center to schedule delivery date (model X LR, blue, black int) after getting the vinn assingned to me yesterday. Will pick it up this Wednesday. It turned out that the car was on the lot Dec 29th. According to the SA, the car was scheduled for someone else but they could not complete the delivery, so they released the vin and it went to me. I'm looking into my MVPA page now and it also stated that it has 128 miles on it.

I hope it's not a reject due to something wrong with it, but purely that first person just couldn't secure finance prior to dec 31 - end of quarter rush.
128 miles? I’ve never seen so many new vehicles with so many miles. Best of luck to all of those with these early deliveries.

View attachment 751299
They definitely have a plethora of refresh model S these days, enough to have one displayed at the showroom.

And today my SA basically confirms that they are only delivery 6 seaters of LRs or plaids. No word yet on 5/7 seaters…
I went by the showroom here in Jacksonville, Florida over the weekend and it was completely empty. They had no cars.

As much as I want to stop checking this darn site numerous times a day for a nugget here and there, it'll be so time consuming to get caught up down the road. Maybe we should rotate two week breaks and designate someone to write up some Cliff Notes. Like freshman chemistry class.
I should hire an intern and task them with keeping me updated with what’s being said here.

YES!*

* - fineprint: Yes, it appears that 1/a couple/some Plaids have been delivered over the past couple of weeks. Nobody that I'm currently aware of other than this YouTuber and a couple of secondhand comments have got it. It is suspicious as it came with aftermarket furry seat covers (yes, the guy is an aftermarket seller). It's also suspect because nobody on this forum has been singing about it incessantly. As Yakkodot suggests, it's time to go back to RipVanWinkling - maybe our deliveries will happen in 100 years when we wake up. I think it's fair to say that nobody has an exact clue whether they're really ramping up the Plaids (let alone the Xs as a whole) or not.
Sorry I have never posted here but I've been reading since about page 400 or so. I called my SA not to ask where is my car but just to confirm if LR and Plaids are being delivered in Burbank (where he works) and if he's personally seen those going out. He confirmed both long range and plaid deliveries here in southern California. I ordered in March of 2021 and my delivery date went from February to TBD about half a week ago. I was asked to change from 7 to 6 seats back when everyone else was approached. And it is a blue plaid reservation. Just thought I'd comment since for sure real life people are getting plaids and it isn't just aftermarket people.

Has anyone waited longer than a Year to get their car? I ordered March 21st 2021, was told I would get the car by June. Then June turned into July then October to December and now February!
Yep. My lease was up in December of 2020. Tesla has been extending it for over a year now. Was supposed to have it in June, then August, then October, then the estimated delivery jumped to January and now February. As long as we get it soon, I’m fine with this. I don’t want one of the very first to come off the line.

I believe the Legal limit in CA is 50 miles to be considered brand new. I’d ask for a discount.

So for those of you that have received a VIN, what stage are you in with regard to Delivery Tasks in the app, and what’s your EDD? I ordered my 6-seat MX Plaid on 27 July 2021, received my VIN on 31 December 2021, and show an EDD of ’February’. I have completed the insurance and payment processes and am currently in a holding pattern at the ‘Review Agreements’ step. App says “You will be notified once your agreements are available for review.”

Just curious where everyone else (with a VIN) is in the flow, and if you’re past the ‘Review Agreements’ step, how long did it take to pass that step from completion of the payment step.

View attachment 751541View attachment 751542View attachment 751543View attachment 751544View attachment 751545

It will be enabled 24-48 hours before delivery of the vehicle.

Reactions: niogyn and BryWay
As much as I want to stop checking this darn site numerous times a day for a nugget here and there, it'll be so time consuming to get caught up down the road. Maybe we should rotate two week breaks and designate someone to write up some Cliff Notes. Like freshman chemistry class.
I should hire an intern and task them with keeping me updated with what’s being said here.
I’ll chip in.
If you guys are serious, start a tab on the order tracking. Just a simple date & info/milestone info kind of thing :)

Reactions: lexus26 and Stro
So for those of you that have received a VIN, what stage are you in with regard to Delivery Tasks in the app, and what’s your EDD? I ordered my 6-seat MX Plaid on 27 July 2021, received my VIN on 31 December 2021, and show an EDD of ’February’. I have completed the insurance and payment processes and am currently in a holding pattern at the ‘Review Agreements’ step. App says “You will be notified once your agreements are available for review.”

Just curious where everyone else (with a VIN) is in the flow, and if you’re past the ‘Review Agreements’ step, how long did it take to pass that step from completion of the payment step.

View attachment 751541View attachment 751542View attachment 751543View attachment 751544View attachment 751545o
I just got the VIN today. Then I called my SA who didn't pick up so it went to some other Tesla customer service. The service rep told me that the car is already at the Sunnyvale location. She then offered to leave a message for the Sunnyvale location folks for an update. An hour later the delivery guy called me and said he can deliver the car tomorrow! Hope this helps!

Curious if anyone else's 'Delivery Configuration' document in the portal shows 16 miles. Mine shows 16, and I'm wondering if that's a standard they include on all of these agreements, or if it's referring to a my specific vehicle (since I now have a VIN). 16 seems very specific vs, say 5, 10 or 15. If I recall correctly, when I took delivery of my 2019 MX from the factory, it had ~20 miles on the ODO.
Delivery Config.jpg

Curious if anyone else's 'Delivery Configuration' document in the portal shows 16 miles. Mine shows 16, and I'm wondering if that's a standard they include on all of these agreements, or if it's referring to a my specific vehicle (since I now have a VIN). 16 seems very specific vs, say 5, 10 or 15. If I recall correctly, when I took delivery of my 2019 MX from the factory, it had ~20 miles on the ODO.
View attachment 751602
Mine says 22

Reactions: BryWay
I just got the VIN today. Then I called my SA who didn't pick up so it went to some other Tesla customer service. The service rep told me that the car is already at the Sunnyvale location. She then offered to leave a message for the Sunnyvale location folks for an update. An hour later the delivery guy called me and said he can deliver the car tomorrow! Hope this helps!
That's awesome! Good for you! 😀 I don't have an SA. My process has been entirely app-bound. I've not spoken to a soul since placing my order in the app back in July. Am I making a mistake doing what the app says and waiting for someone to reach out to me with delivery details? Should I try calling someone for an update? I have a VIN, have already paid for the car, and the delivery config doc shows it's got 16 miles on it wherever it is (and if that's to be believed). Now dutifully following the app instructions and awaiting paperwork and a delivery date.

Reactions: Zygote1975