Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome! Good for you! 😀 I don't have an SA. My process has been entirely app-bound. I've not spoken to a soul since placing my order in the app back in July. Am I making a mistake doing what the app says and waiting for someone to reach out to me with delivery details? Should I try calling someone for an update? I have a VIN, have already paid for the car, and the delivery config doc shows it's got 16 miles on it wherever it is (and if that's to be believed). Now dutifully following the app instructions and awaiting paperwork and a delivery date.
Have already paid for the car? Ouch… 😳😬

Reactions: peter21581
Actually the Tesla Advisor can call the customers on their list if they have accurate and reliable information. But since Tesla does not tell the Tesla Advisors what’s happening… no reason to call.

It’s a cultural issue within Tesla IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220103-205026_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220103-205026_Chrome.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 111
Hey guys. Any luck finding floor mats for the new model X? Trying my best to keep it clean but I need those mats lol
You come in here rubbing our noses in the fact that you get your new X by masquerading it as a request for new floor mats? Outrageous!

Just kidding!

So far, no one has found a vendor that has proper mats for the refreshed X. There was some mention of one of the vendors trying to get access to a refreshed X to obtain measurements, but I didn't notice anything further.

I am a VINer!

Got a text message today that the VIN was assigned and when I checked the app, it sure was! I have LR, white on white, 6 seater, no FSD. Delivery in SF Bay Area. I am hoping this means I can schedule the delivery this week.

I know there's a delivery checklist somewhere on this forum. Does anyone have the link handy?

Finally, thanks to all of you for making this painful wait bearable. Hope you get yours soon as well!
Just ask them to use the TMC checklist for you you come. They'll do it 3 times. Then you don't need to. They have had the list for years. This is what I do. I picked up 2 perfect Xs.

Reactions: Crimsonsteel23
Received VIN on 12/18. I’ve been calling daily (business days). Last Wednesday they said my car was in the rail yard awaiting a train (expected to arrival at dealership on 1/7). Today, they told me the same thing, except that the arrival was TBD without a date.

Even with a VIN, it seems to take a really long time (3+ weeks) for Midwest deliveries.

The app still says EDD = TBD
Thats strange. I was ReVINed 12/14, car came into Schaumburg 12/24, picked it up on 12/26. It came by truck with one other Tesla. Mine was the 5th one delivered to Schaumburg. If you car was actually complete etc it would have come along. Something else happened.

You come in here rubbing our noses in the fact that you get your new X by masquerading it as a request for new floor mats? Outrageous!

Just kidding!

So far, no one has found a vendor that has proper mats for the refreshed X. There was some mention of one of the vendors trying to get access to a refreshed X to obtain measurements, but I didn't notice anything further.
You may not be able to negotiate a discount on the Model X, but you should DEFINITELY negotiate free floor mats from the vendor who uses your X to get the measurements! 😎

Curious if anyone else's 'Delivery Configuration' document in the portal shows 16 miles. Mine shows 16, and I'm wondering if that's a standard they include on all of these agreements, or if it's referring to a my specific vehicle (since I now have a VIN). 16 seems very specific vs, say 5, 10 or 15. If I recall correctly, when I took delivery of my 2019 MX from the factory, it had ~20 miles on the ODO.
View attachment 751602

That's awesome! Good for you! 😀 I don't have an SA. My process has been entirely app-bound. I've not spoken to a soul since placing my order in the app back in July. Am I making a mistake doing what the app says and waiting for someone to reach out to me with delivery details? Should I try calling someone for an update? I have a VIN, have already paid for the car, and the delivery config doc shows it's got 16 miles on it wherever it is (and if that's to be believed). Now dutifully following the app instructions and awaiting paperwork and a delivery date.
I wouldn't bother with an SA. I never spoke to anyone. They just texted when it was coming in and to set up pickup. Easy peasy.

I just got the VIN today. Then I called my SA who didn't pick up so it went to some other Tesla customer service. The service rep told me that the car is already at the Sunnyvale location. She then offered to leave a message for the Sunnyvale location folks for an update. An hour later the delivery guy called me and said he can deliver the car tomorrow! Hope this helps!
Congrats. When did you order? Configuration?

I don't know why there's a thought that it's a lot of effort to communicate effectively with customers and clients. Head office has a list of the outstanding orders and it certainly wouldn't take 5 minutes let alone 5 million minutes to compose a couple of emails that could be distributed en masse - unless, of course, you don't know anything about software. If you're keen on retaining customers give them the experience that brings them back. Oddly, Tesla had enough time to call a bunch of people up for changing their configuration that, for the most part, has yet to be delivered.