Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine did that yesterday as well.
Went to the Plano, TX service center for service for my Model 3 today, asked the advisor how many new Model Xs they’ve delivered, and he said “2”, both were 2020 orders…

My 30th birthday is coming up at the end of March, would be a perfect gift for myself but I really doubt if I can get it by then… May 2021 order, LR white/white 6 seater.
I’m hoping for Valentine’s Day…

Good morning all. Logged into my account every morning like I have every day... and I'm a VINner this morning! Jan 27, 2021 order, 6 seat midnight silver, Plaid order with Fremont pick-up. Here's the VIN 7SAXCBE60NF329xxx. Hope I get to fly up shortly (after I return from CES in Las Vegas) to drive it home.

Hopefully I am 20 days away based on order date!!! 🕺😂

Congrats!!!

So where are the lawyers on here, and why is there no class action yet?! I know there are many of us who were duped into paying an extra $6500 with the information that they’d only be making 6 seat LR’s and that if we “upgraded” to that, we’d take delivery in 2021. However, 2021 has come and gone, many of us still don’t have VIN’s, and they’re now delivering a few 7 seaters and plenty of Plaids to people who ordered 6 months or more after some of us. They literally could not have screwed this roll out up any worse than they have, and they just keep making it worse. I know I’m not the only one who was told that they “guaranteed” delivery this year, and while it wasn’t ever done in writing, it’s what they apparently told everyone, and I’m also pretty sure at least one person said they had that statement recorded. If lawyers asked for it, they could probably get access to the recordings from Tesla where the reps made the guarantee. Component delays do not account for the fact that they’re delivering vehicles to people who ordered 6 months later than many of us. They’re just bold-faced lying at this point.
Take them to small claims court in your local municipality.

I sued Tesla early last year. I requested $4,800 and received $4,800. (small claims court is capped at $5k in CT). In short I took my car in 7 times to service my crashing MCU1 and they never resolved the issue. I argued they returned an unsafe vehicle to me (no backup cam, no control of defroster, etc). The key for me is I entered the suit right when Tesla announced the eMMC recall but ONLY if your car prompted it was faulty, before the total recall. Tesla never represented themselves and the judge ruled in my favor.

As long as you have documentation that Tesla offered same-year delivery for the $6,500 upgrade you could absolutely seek at least a portion of that as a refund.

Reactions: croman and Stro
Take them to small claims court in your local municipality.

I sued Tesla early last year. I requested $4,800 and received $4,800. (small claims court is capped at $5k in CT). In short I took my car in 7 times to service my crashing MCU1 and they never resolved the issue. I argued they returned an unsafe vehicle to me (no backup cam, no control of defroster, etc). The key for me is I entered the suit right when Tesla announced the eMMC recall but ONLY if your car prompted it was faulty, before the total recall. Tesla never represented themselves and the judge ruled in my favor.

As long as you have documentation that Tesla offered same-year delivery for the $6,500 upgrade you could absolutely seek at least a portion of that as a refund.
But to the best of my knowledge, no one here has ever had any "documentation", and that's where any action would fail.

And unfortunately suing for a product not meeting a delivery time is not really plausible. Tesla has multiple outs in their agreement you signed already that they're never guaranteed dates. And all it would take is for them to claim there was a safety or software issue preventing that delivery, and your case is null.

But to the best of my knowledge, no one here has ever had any "documentation", and that's where any action would fail.

And unfortunately suing for a product not meeting a delivery time is not really plausible. Tesla has multiple outs in their agreement you signed already that they're never guaranteed dates. And all it would take is for them to claim there was a safety or software issue preventing that delivery, and your case is null.
Ah, I didn't think of that.

I found their Legal department is just about as good as their Service Adviser department... 0 communication in my whole process. My point, you could probably sue Tesla because your dinner got too cold on your drive home and get away with it.

Reactions: croman
Went to the Plano, TX service center for service for my Model 3 today, asked the advisor how many new Model Xs they’ve delivered, and he said “2”, both were 2020 orders…

My 30th birthday is coming up at the end of March, would be a perfect gift for myself but I really doubt if I can get it by then… May 2021 order, LR white/white 6 seater.
My 87th birthday in next 30 days, Feb order and same configuration. Will I be too old to drive it? ;)

Yup. And not just that, the key is you’ve literally lost nothing. You didn’t pay $6500 or even $1 extra YET. In the court’s view, you don’t like the service so far, walk away and owe nothing, lose nothing aside from $100.

Reactions: LL#2 and UCF3
So why the hell are 7/21 orders getting vins while us 1/21 orders get nothing?!

Apparently I needed to live next to Fremont and ordered too early 🤦🏼‍♂️
They don't deliver cars first-come-first-serve. They create batches of 1 config and then ship them all over. Then, within that region, for that configuration, it becomes first-come-first-serve.

They don't deliver cars first-come-first-serve. They create batches of 1 config and then ship them all over. Then, within that region, for that configuration, it becomes first-come-first-serve.
I used to believe this as it USED to be the case. However, there have been now two MX LRs with my exact same configuration delivered to the SAME location I'm in (Houston) to people that ordered 2-4 months AFTER me. So yeah... this assumption went out the window for me.

I know there are many of us who were duped into paying an extra $6500 with the information that they’d only be making 6 seat LR’s and that if we “upgraded” to that, we’d take delivery in 2021
Has anyone contacted Tesla to ask for the "upgrade" to be reversed considering the car did not actually come in 2021?

I'm guessing not, since you are probably still getting it earlier than the 5\7 seaters will get theirs.

It's funny, I put in my reservation (LR, 6 seat) on 1/27/21... it's been "February" for almost a month now, and I've been checking it every day lately. When I ordered the car it was "hey there's a refresh... and I've wanted to 'upgrade' to an X for a while". Now my wife is 5 months pregnant with #2 and I genuinely need a bigger car soon 🤣 Here's hoping February happens...

So where are the lawyers on here, and why is there no class action yet?! I know there are many of us who were duped into paying an extra $6500 with the information that they’d only be making 6 seat LR’s and that if we “upgraded” to that, we’d take delivery in 2021. However, 2021 has come and gone, many of us still don’t have VIN’s, and they’re now delivering a few 7 seaters and plenty of Plaids to people who ordered 6 months or more after some of us. They literally could not have screwed this roll out up any worse than they have, and they just keep making it worse. I know I’m not the only one who was told that they “guaranteed” delivery this year, and while it wasn’t ever done in writing, it’s what they apparently told everyone, and I’m also pretty sure at least one person said they had that statement recorded. If lawyers asked for it, they could probably get access to the recordings from Tesla where the reps made the guarantee. Component delays do not account for the fact that they’re delivering vehicles to people who ordered 6 months later than many of us. They’re just bold-faced lying at this point.
considering many of you who did get "the call" have "the call" and its date in your signature, I don't believe it will be hard to prove that "the call" took place..

Yah, the “batch” arguement only goes so far. Clearly their delivery sequence goes way outside the boundaries of batch manufacturing.