Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the Model 3 reservation queue which was much larger than the current X queue, Tesla has stated that orders are not delivered chronologically and order date is only 1 of several factors. If one does not like how Tesla delivers, then maybe Tesla is not a good fit. I understand it can be frustrating but unless you buy from inventory, there is nothing that can be done about it as this is the way the company works.
The Model 3 reservation Queue was for a completely new car from the ground up. In 2020 I had an order for a five seat Model X, White with black interior, five seats and 20 inch wheels. In January 2021 that orider was canceled by Tesla and for an extra $8000 I got to have an order for the refresh Model X with a priority delivery date of April. That’s it, end of story. As a customer I agreed to the terms, I agreed to the conditions, I agreeed to the price increase and they failed to deliver the car.

Then they failed to communicate with me for months. The only information I have regarding the Model X is the information shared on this board. Your suggestion that “there is nothing that can be done about it as this is the way the company works.” is ridiculous. Stand up for yourself, call and complain, post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

On Twitter I had a Tesla fan boy accuse me I’m spreading FUD when I told my experience thus far with the Model X ordering / delivery process . People aren’t aware of how bad things are for Model X order holders. People don’t believe we’ve been waiting as long as we have. We need to be more vocal outside of TMC.

The idea of buying a used Model X is absurd when those prices are way over the $87.999 I‘ll be paying. Having to cough up the extra $8k was a stretch as it is. Buying a 2018 for over $100k makes no sense to me.

Tesla has never promised to be a first come...first served company as far as deliveries go.
Being a Pre-refresh 2020 order holder I was told if I agreed to the $8k increase right then on the phone, the order would be on a priority deliver list. I have heard others here say the same but it was a tease to get us to keep our orders. But the promise was made. Not kept… but definitely made.

Just saying this because I feel it needs to be said.

Yes, Tesla communication is terrible. The ordering/reservation process is flawed. Delivery order is unfair. The cars are frequently delivered with a plethora of issues.

However....

No other SUV on the market matches the Model X. The exterior and interior are gorgeous. The infotainment technology is unmatched. No other brand can match Tesla's autopilot technology. The fastest production 0-60 in it's class.

I am not giving them a pass for running their company inadequately - they should certainly continue to be given a hard time. But the product is so good there really are not any other comparable options.
Once my Model X is delivered and I have driven it to the edge of the warranty I doubt I’ll buy another Tesla. Getting solar was an ordeal now this bull *sugar*…. Not sure I can forgive this experience. Completely unacceptable IMO.

My 87th birthday in next 30 days, Feb order and same configuration. Will I be too old to drive it? ;)
You won’t be too old to drive it when you’re 87, but might be too old when you actually get your car… just kidding, hope you’ll get yours in time for your birthday! I’ll be driving my Tesla Model X 69 Pro Max Ultra Mini Longer Range when I’m 87 lol

Then they failed to communicate with me for months. The only information I have regarding the Model X is the information shared on this board. Your suggestion that “there is nothing that can be done about it as this is the way the company works.” is ridiculous. Stand up for yourself, call and complain, post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
I want to speak to the manager? Take a deep breath. It’s going to be okay.

I've had my Plaid for over a week now. I love it. I sold my Cayenne to Carmax and I'm done with ICE.

Dropping off my car to RPM Tesla tonight for 3m crystalline tint. Doing the whole thing - 40% on the smoked windows, 20% front, 70% windshield. This car has been fantastic to drive around in plaid mode. I haven't tried sport or chill yet and neither has my wife (who drives the car a lot more than me.)
Congrats!
In case you have an opportunity to dragy it, please post your results to the Model X Dragy times for Plaid and LR thread.

Would also like to binge on pics in the Pic of your 2021 Refresh Model X.......RIGHT NOW! thread.

Last edited:
I want to speak to the manager? Take a deep breath. It’s going to be okay.
Agreed, calling and complaining does nothing. Its the way Tesla has operated for over 10 years. Maybe buyers should have done their due diligence and investigated Tesla delivery process and customer communications ...before ordering the car. Google makes it simple. I waited 11 months and was happy to do so, because I understood Teslas business model.

Reactions: UCF3
Being a Pre-refresh 2020 order holder I was told if I agreed to the $8k increase right then on the phone, the order would be on a priority deliver list. I have heard others here say the same but it was a tease to get us to keep our orders. But the promise was made. Not kept… but definitely made.
Actually, if you look at it in another way you are going to get priority delivery. You'll very likely still be in the first 1-2k refreshed X deliveries. For a much, much better vehicle.

Or not. Up to you. Really. It's totally. Up. To. You.

Now that the Y is getting ventilated seats and the CPU are we down to purely slightly larger, doors, and 20 miles as the differentiator?
One thing that is often not mentioned about the difference is just how bad the 7 seat option is in the Model Y. Imo it is super small back there. So the X is the only Tesla with an actually usable 6 or 7 seat configuration. Combine that with the overall space and storage of the Model X. In addition to the Falcon Wing doors + overall interior quality. And you suddenly have some meaningful differences. And you can’t forget about the Adaptive air suspension and extra towing capacity. As well as the Active road noise canceling, and noticeably higher resolution of the screens. And lastly the styling of the Model X is just better imo.

Last edited:
One thing that is often not mentioned about the difference is just how bad the 7 seat option is in the Model Y. Imo it is super small back there. So the X is the only Tesla with an actually usable 6 or 7 seat configuration. Combine that with the overall space and storage of the Model X. In addition to the Falcon Wing doors + overall interior quality. And you suddenly have some meaningful differences. And you can’t forget about the Adaptive air suspension and extra towing capacity. As well front seat noise canceling, and noticeably higher resolution of the screens. And lastly the styling of the Model X is better imo.
Yeah they shouldn’t have put 7 in the Y, almost useless. I am curious about the latest air suspension because I don’t notice too much difference between my current X and 3, not saying there’s none but on most roads I don’t feel it. Unless they enable noise canceling when the rear seats are occupied then it’ll be a useless feature for me the majority of the time. I prefer the Y styling from rear 3/4 and X front 3/4. I don’t like the Y head on.

Yeah they shouldn’t have put 7 in the Y, almost useless. I am curious about the latest air suspension because I don’t notice too much difference between my current X and 3, not saying there’s none but on most roads I don’t feel it. Unless they enable noise canceling when the rear seats are occupied then it’ll be a useless feature for me the majority of the time. I prefer the Y styling from rear 3/4 and X front 3/4. I don’t like the Y head on.
What year model is your Model X? Bc I’ve test driven the 2020 Raven Model X and the suspension was fantastic compared to my Model 3.