Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, if you look at it in another way you are going to get priority delivery. You'll very likely still be in the first 1-2k refreshed X deliveries. For a much, much better vehicle.

Or not. Up to you. Really. It's totally. Up. To. You.
To me... when they finally started producing cars.... priority delivery would have been in Oct / November 2021.
To your point, I may get one of the first 1-2k refreshed 5 seaters but it will probably be after you and the rest of the higher priced 6 and 7 seaters get delivered. A far cry from the commitments made late in 2020 and then the switch to Refresh in Jan 2021.

So far for me and what I have learned here on this thread the Tesla refresh Model X Customer experience is horrible, unconscionable and unprofessional.

I'm used to horrible customer service from Tesla in general. I have a 8.19kWh solar array plus two powerwalls and getting ahold of customer support after your activated is like getting a private audience with the Pope. Fortunately my hardware is working well (the install team was awesome) and my needs to communicate with Tesla Energy have to do with paperwork ect...

As far as the "much, much better vehicle." I am hoping... praying... ready to sacrifice a fatted calf to have my white exterior, black interior, 5 seat, 20" wheel with no FSD, delivered flawlessly.... I hope it's the definition of perfection after all the practice they will have had assembling the 6 and 7 seaters...

I know... I know... I sound very jaded... I don't own any stock so my life, my hopes and dreams are not tied to Tesla going to the moon...
I don't fawn over Elon's every Tweet or podcast appearance.
I'm just a simple customer who is spending his hard earned money from his paycheck to go green and make a personal impact on the environment. In the meantime I park my 2017 Ford Explorer in my driveway next to my Tesla Wall Connector which was installed 10 months ago in preparation for a March/April delivery which never happened... as neighbors heckle me... "Hey where's your fancy Tesla? Did Elon for get about you? Hey... Still driving the Ford... Did you cancel the X?" and all I can say is... "Go F*** yourself" then run inside to check my account page for an update.

To me... when they finally started producing cars.... priority delivery would have been in Oct / November 2021.
To your point, I may get one of the first 1-2k refreshed 5 seaters but it will probably be after you and the rest of the higher priced 6 and 7 seaters get delivered. A far cry from the commitments made late in 2020 and then the switch to Refresh in Jan 2021.

So far for me and what I have learned here on this thread the Tesla refresh Model X Customer experience is horrible, unconscionable and unprofessional.

I'm used to horrible customer service from Tesla in general. I have a 8.19kWh solar array plus two powerwalls and getting ahold of customer support after your activated is like getting a private audience with the Pope. Fortunately my hardware is working well (the install team was awesome) and my needs to communicate with Tesla Energy have to do with paperwork ect...

As far as the "much, much better vehicle." I am hoping... praying... ready to sacrifice a fatted calf to have my white exterior, black interior, 5 seat, 20" wheel with no FSD, delivered flawlessly.... I hope it's the definition of perfection after all the practice they will have had assembling the 6 and 7 seaters...

I know... I know... I sound very jaded... I don't own any stock so my life, my hopes and dreams are not tied to Tesla going to the moon...
I'm just a simple customer who is spending his hard earned money from his paycheck to go green and make a personal impact on the environment. In the meantime I park my 2017 Ford Explorer in my driveway next to my Tesla Wall Connector which was installed 10 months ago in preparation for a March/April delivery which never happened... as neighbors heckle me... "Hey where's your fancy Tesla? Did Elon for get about you? Hey... Still driving the Ford... Did you cancel the X?" and all I can say is... "Go F*** yourself" then run inside to check my account page for an update

I was very lucky to get my Refresh X last week. It is worth the wait. Big time. The customer service aspect though… you nailed it.

Yeh. I think the Y is the worst riding Tesla by far. One of reasons I went for X. I also just don’t like how the Y looks. Like a stretched and stilted 3. No thanks.
The Y as a driver isn't that bad. As a rear seat passenger it is uncomfortable maybe more so than a 3. This is coming from someone who's had 2 X, a 3, a Y, and a Plaid S.

Big reason why I'm getting another X this time in Plaid trim

Yacht broker cool username and nice to see you’re local and wwwwait WTF* there are FLL Model X deliveries going on?

(Waves hands high in air, I’m over here)

*of course this means
Why The Failure-to-deliver
🤣
Yes. They have a few delivered there.
Black/Black 22
Red/Black 20
Blue/Black 20

I still do daily parking lot cruise and yet to see white exterior at Ft. Lauderdale.

Just spoke with my NEW SA about put a note on my file to give me any config is ok. Price is no biggy. Let’s see how long before I can get a VIN.

When I move, I’ll never buy their solar again
I love my 8.19Kwh solar array plus my 2 powerwalls. The hardware has worked great going on 3 years and the installers were awesome. But the planning, the scheduling, the paperwork being screwed up then Tesla Energy fired most of the staff I worked with. Now getting in touch in person with anyone but a phone operator, who can't tell you anything, is next to impossible. I don't actually blame the staffers... It's a horrible management team.

I chronicle the experience on my You Tube Channel, North East Tesla.. enjoy!

Tesla Solar: The Good The Bad & The Ugly Pt 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHyDAE9Wjwg

Tesla Solar: The Good The Bad & The Ugly Pt 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiRKKKEZEM0&t=124s

One thing that is often not mentioned about the difference is just how bad the 7 seat option is in the Model Y. Imo it is super small back there. So the X is the only Tesla with an actually usable 6 or 7 seat configuration. Combine that with the overall space and storage of the Model X. In addition to the Falcon Wing doors + overall interior quality. And you suddenly have some meaningful differences. And you can’t forget about the Adaptive air suspension and extra towing capacity. As well as the Active road noise canceling, and noticeably higher resolution of the screens. And lastly the styling of the Model X is just better imo.
Active Noise Cancelling from initial reviews seems like it doesn't do anything. The storage capacity of a Y and X isn't THAT big of a difference. The Y is the best value in the Tesla lineup. The biggest difference is probably the 2nd row in the X. It is wider and can comfortably fit 3 adults across the back for longer trips. And the 2nd row is more comfortable than the Y by far. The 2nd row of the Y is not comfortable in terms of suspension.

I wish the 2nd row has seating like the Y where center folds down for ski/board pass through. I'm actually crossing my fingers that the delay in the 5/7 is because of a redesign where the 2nd row is like the Y. From the images on the site, the 5 seater doesn't look like pre-refresh.

The Y center has a armrest with cupholders and can fold down to fit skis/boards which would be awesome for me. I prefer that to having to tow my skis/boards increasing drag and dirtying my stuff

Also can't believe you missed the speed difference. A family hauler doing 1/4 in 9s....No other production car can do that. I hated my yoke in my plaid S...i hope updates to the turn signals make it tolerable

I don't think anyone answered this? That "Continue" is just to confirm your payment method. Once you click that you can't change back to financing as far as i know (without calling Tesla and having them change it). I think there is a separate process once your VIN is selected to actually send the money.
Thank you! I will wait than to get a VIN first and then decide on the payment part, I was thinking maybe click continue and that may trigger something to be in the queue to get a VIN;).

Thank you! I will wait than to get a VIN first and then decide on the payment part, I was thinking maybe click continue and that may trigger something to be in the queue to get a VIN;).
I am the same. They have me doing a cash purchase instead of a lease. They did that with our last X and once we got the VIN we just changed it a few days before delivery. We lease another car from Tesla so they already have our bank and insurance information.

Reactions: adic
Picked it up just before the Raven update :(
Same. I picked up my 2019 Model X P100D in late-March 2019, and the very next month they introduced the Raven enhancements (adaptive air suspension, motor and range improvements, etc.). I'd never ridden in a Raven MX, so really didn't know what I was missing. However, over the holidays I rented a 2021 Refreshed Model X Long Range for 11 days (on Turo) and drove that round trip from San Francisco to Palm Springs and *wow* what a difference! The ride was a lot more comfortable. Mind you, it only had 20" wheels, so the squishier tires may have played a role in that comfort, but I noticed things like rebound on uneven surfaces, vibration when driving over expansion joints on the highway -- all were better in the 2021 with adaptive air suspension. The real tell will be tomorrow when I pick up my Model X Plaid with the 22"s. That'll give me a direct compare to my 2019 since the wheel / tire setup will be the same.

Uhhhh... Self presenting doors?

Also, if you don't like self presenting doors, the door handles on the X are far easier to use than on the Y.
Totally. I really don't understand the comparisons that are made between the Model X and the Model Y. They're two completely different vehicles with completely different approaches to space, comfort and utility. The Model X (the Faberge egg) is a technical tour de force that'll only be supplanted by the CyberTruck.

Suspension, finishes, interior storage and cargo space larger, extra screen...
Regarding screens having one that is right in front of the driver is great. And this also frees space on the center display. Plus there supposedly a 3rd unused display somewhere in the dash.

The only thing I wish the model X had was a HUD. I had one on my BMW X3 and I really miss keeping my eyes outside of the vehicle and never having to look down at the dash.

Totally. I really don't understand the comparisons that are made between the Model X and the Model Y. They're two completely different vehicles with completely different approaches to space, comfort and utility. The Model X (the Faberge egg) is a technical tour de force that'll only be supplanted by the CyberTruck.
I think all those comparison videos are click bait - save $30k-$40k on the Y and get almost the same thing. None of the videos I see show the Faberge egg features - only discuss space.

*I don’t know why I don’t see as many 3 vs S videos - maybe there out there and they don’t come up in my feed

Reactions: BryWay

I'm just a simple customer who is spending his hard earned money from his paycheck to go green and make a personal impact on the environment. In the meantime I park my 2017 Ford Explorer in my driveway next to my Tesla Wall Connector which was installed 10 months ago in preparation for a March/April delivery which never happened... as neighbors heckle me... "Hey where's your fancy Tesla? Did Elon for get about you? Hey... Still driving the Ford... Did you cancel the X?" and all I can say is... "Go F*** yourself" then run inside to check my account page for an update.
Once you receive your MX, all of this pain you're experiencing is going to fade away, and you'll be singing Tesla's praises again. That happened to me when I ordered my first Tesla in 2019. I was appalled at the lack of communication and the on-again, off-again, on-again delivery scheduling. Previously, I'd only driven BMWs (had owned five of them, sequentially, culminating in a 2016 750Li that I traded for the Model X P100D) and was expecting the delivery experience to match BMWs given the price I paid for the Model X. Tesla fell waaayyy short. But when I finally received the car it clicked. I got it. The car itself was LEAGUES better than the 750 I'd just traded. I was sooo in love with the car, with the entire ownership experience, the ordering and scheduling nightmares simply faded away. "The more difficult the birth, the more beloved the child."

I'm currently set up as a "cash" payment, even though I fully intend to finance it once the car arrives. My SA advised me to do it that way so I didn't have to get my credit run twice (since it was obviously going to take longer than a month for the car to arrive). I'm positive I'm not the only one in the same position. They also don't ask about trade-in until you're ready to take delivery. I can't see how either would affect your delivery date.
Right and the third thing...after cash and no trade in is your location to a main interstate at year end. My opinion. Also seemed like alot of repeat owners? I picked up in Schaumburg, but nothing went north to MN or a little further to IN. Seemed like Houston got deliveries but not Austin. They only put two cars on transport with other vehicles...in my case a trailer full of Amazon vans. The weren't sending transport trucks of Teslas out. So if your SC isnt in a major hub you probably didn't get a car. Luckily I picked Schaumburg instead of Highland Park.