Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for sharing! This is encouraging sign for sure. Any chance you’re able to see if any 7 seater or 5 seater MXs are being shipped vs if still only 6 seaters? 😁
Although that may not be info available to you. Still appreciate your info on this.
No sadly I can’t see exact specs, only Model, year, color, and vin, from the very small amount that my drivers have had it’s all been 6 seaters, but I’ve seen that there have been 5 or 7 seaters delivered because all companies document the cars with inspection pictures and sometimes share them to group chats and one of my buddies companies got an x that the second row of seats had all 3 seats , can’t tell exactly which one it is since the delivery drivers don’t really check the interior of the cars out in detail and a 7 seater with the 3rd row seats down looks the same as a 5 seater, but yes 5 or 7 have been delivered to some people, very small amount but there have been some

I just called Tesla, like others have today, and the lady was super nice. However, her words were, "Because it's the beginning of the year, they haven't updated the system much this week, so what you currently see on your account (February) is most likely the most accurate date you will be able to get. However, if you call at the end of the month, we should hopefully be able to give you a better glimpse regarding your MX order."

I asked about other people with the exact same configuration and location with order dates months after me getting their MX before me and her response was silence followed by, "I don't know what to tell you."
lol, I've done the same by asking about exact configs and later order dates. One response was similar to yours and another was flat lies and denial that any deliveries with my config had occurred. I think the lies is what's made me most bitter in this whole thing. They could have simply said they don't know or are not involved but...

Reactions: Stro
F6CFC49E-6A95-43B6-B4D7-8E27324E83B8.png

Tbh after day almost 400 of losing Brain cells waiting for an x I’m starting to think that my 2017 orders on these are going to arrive before the X since aperently they will begin production this year and will probably somehow have higher quantity numbers than the Xs😭🤣

I just called Tesla, like others have today, and the lady was super nice. However, her words were, "Because it's the beginning of the year, they haven't updated the system much this week, so what you currently see on your account (February) is most likely the most accurate date you will be able to get. However, if you call at the end of the month, we should hopefully be able to give you a better glimpse regarding your MX order."

I asked about other people with the exact same configuration and location with order dates months after me getting their MX before me and her response was silence followed by, "I don't know what to tell you."
Just noticed we have identical orders, albeit you ordered a few months before me (and I'm in Austin) and I'm of course also still waiting on a VIN. Will be interesting to see when we get our respective vehicles.

Reactions: Levi. and Stro

So, rephrased put it as: "Heck if I know, but leave me alone until the end of the month and then maybe, just maybe I might have some news for you - possibly."

The second response is: "Damn, you found out about that, huh?"

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Stro and Dagna1

Did you call the Fremont factory number of your local dealership? I hope we all get our VINS sooner

Just noticed we have identical orders, albeit you ordered a few months before me (and I'm in Austin) and I'm of course also still waiting on a VIN. Will be interesting to see when we get our respective vehicles.
If and when I get mine, I will be in Austin visiting fam. I'd be more than happy to let forum members come check it out and even test drive it. I know I've promised that to a few here in Houston.

So I reached out to the delivery team at Fremont and spoke to someone who said I should be reached out to by the end of the week in regards to scheduling delivery by text message.

If I do in fact get a delivery scheduled, would like to get a few questions from you guys which you would like me to ask them.

Hopefully someone there can then provide feedback to Tesla.

I called the 888 number for customer service which routes you to who knows where.
Thanks, I had a chat with the tesla representative through their website and they had a similar response saying the ETA still stands February. He was more inclined to sell me the Solar rather than telling me the information about X. Sad they are looking for potential buyers for solar in spite of falling short of the X delivery timelines.

How do you/they like their Turbo S? Canceling the Plaid for a GTS ST order has crossed my mind. I was super impressed with the base RWD Taycan handling capability…I had a ton of fun in that car, so I have high hopes for the GTS.
He says it is fast. But, he does not drive it much. Maybe one a week or so. With the office still being closed, I don't think has any commuting needs.