Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disappointing….
575D559C-FFEC-4810-8923-3F5165BAA997.jpeg

This is awesome news for you folks!!!

Edit - Awesome that it's a free upgrade. It does suck if you needed the space.
Oh wow, that’s interesting. Any idea if this applies to LR’s or just Plaids?

I wouldn’t be 100% happy about switching 7 to a 6, but if this true for LR’s as well I wouldn’t mind if it means we get our cars before 2023 at this point.

Last edited:
This is awesome news for you folks!!!

Edit - Awesome that it's a free upgrade. It does suck if you needed the space.
what am I missing in regards to free upgrade? It looks like they told him he’ll be upcharged $3,000. Less than the $6,500 markup for 6-seater but not “free”. Did I read that wrong? Is the adjustment a discount off a 5/7 seater?

what am I missing in regards to free upgrade? It looks like they told him he’ll be upcharged $3,000. Less than the $6,500 markup for 6-seater but not “free”. Did I read that wrong? Is the adjustment a discount off a 5/7 seater?
He will be "upgraded to 6 seater but won't be paying the difference." That he will 'see an adjustment' to cover the difference. Am I reading this wrong?

Oh wow, that’s interesting. Any idea if this applies to LR’s or just Plaids?

I wouldn’t be 100% happy about switching 7 to a 6, but if this true for LR’s as well I wouldn’t mind if it means we get our cars before 2023 at this point.

Attachments

• 2FBE0CDD-E44B-4545-B483-C79299610F80.jpeg
    2FBE0CDD-E44B-4545-B483-C79299610F80.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 97
Did you pick up your X yet? I saw you mentioned you thought your X would be at Blue Ash location. I just creeped the place and didn't see any refresh there. Just an old one that is all iridescent on the trim.

I've been waiting for mine and it seems like I ordered a few days after you.
The only way to highlight this is to tweet it and tag as many Turus (Tesla gurus) as possible. Then the only way to get traction is with retweets and replies. For now we are just in this thread and unknown to outer world.

Here is a post in Tesla lounge on Reddit but just got 26 comments and mostly from one person who thinks this not a problem.

Didn't think about this situation. Damn.
That's the situation I am in. I'm happy for the folks getting a free upgrade, but F tesla. I paid to upgrade for the sole purpose of a promised delivery last year. That didn't happen and Now I can't change back without losing my place in line.

I know they say "never say never" but based on this experience I am pretty sure this will be my first and last tesla.