Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies ahead of time if someone made this request already. Would you be able to ask your “little birdie” if they are going to deliver any LR 5/7 seaters this year. I am wishing with all my might to squash the news that we won’t be seeing any of those until 2023. Thank you!
I did… as for me a 7 seater was the main wish (before plaid).
I can switch to 7 seat model X (no plaid).
No current ETA on 5/7 seater deliveries whatsoever.
Seems that the issue with bench seats is deep. (My speculation)

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Apologies ahead of time if someone made this request already. Would you be able to ask your “little birdie” if they are going to deliver any LR 5/7 seaters this year. I am wishing with all my might to squash the news that we won’t be seeing any of those until 2023. Thank you!

It's so disheartening that we even have to entertain the question of no 5/7 seat deliveries in 2022. 😖
For a car that some reserved in 2020. 😐
I'm with you @lexus26 .

Don't worry guys the Tesla Communications Department will reach out real soon to provide an update. 😒

Talk to the SC today. The wife wanted to drive around in a MX. Just for shiggles. They said they haven't had one to test drive for months. She then asked if she was still on track for a delivery next month. They told her yes based on what her file says. Probably the same stuff we can see? I'll keep posting as our journey continues.

Anyone else have a cybertruck reservation?

Can your 'guy' clarify whether this upcoming call for 5/7 seat plaid customers and free 6 seat upgrades will include the option to change colors/wheels without penalty? That would be great to know ahead of time.

• Funny
Reactions: zapparino
Talk to the SC today. The wife wanted to drive around in a MX. Just for shiggles. They said they haven't had one to test drive for months. She then asked if she was still on track for a delivery next month. They told her yes based on what her file says. Probably the same stuff we can see? I'll keep posting as our journey continues.

Anyone else have a cybertruck reservation?
I have a CT reservation. I should probably join that thread soon to start my pathetic journey there too.

I have a CT reservation. I should probably join that thread soon to start my pathetic journey there too.
I am curious if we will get our Vins at the same time. I believe all your account changes have matched mine. You’re what I actually use to check my updates because my account is so slow to load for some reason 😂. We have the same order date and config except I’m white interior.

Reactions: Stro
I am curious if we will get our Vins at the same time. I believe all your account changes have matched mine. You’re what I actually use to check my updates because my account is so slow to load for some reason 😂. We have the same order date and config except I’m white interior.
I hope you get yours first being in Cali. But nothing is certain with Tesla.

What configuration did you for the CT? I was happy to get an upgrade to a quad!
The top variant at the time (tri which is now quad I guess.)

Will a new Vin show up on the app or tesla.com account page?
Both. Some have said the app sometimes takes a bit to update.

Reactions: Rolo1069
What kind of stuff do you normally load up? I am not defending, just curious if that can fit with the second row folded although not completely flat. I guess if it’s stuff like long pieces of lumber the second row not completely folding down would be an issue. But other smaller stuff but higher volume could fit with the second row folded down?

Again, to be clear, I am not defending this move by Tesla at all but trying to understand the use cases for large amount of cargo.
2nd row doesn't fold down.