Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to get an X7 M50i instead as it’d more roomy for my family of 5 and a big dog - quite interested to look back at Tesla when they offer full-size SUV.

That being said I have a Canadian MX Plaid 6 22 black on black ordered in May 2021. If someone want the VIN happy to try switching (I this is my first Tesla so could use my credentials and change the info). Otherwise I’ll just cancel it.

I "paid" for the upgrade from 7- to 6-seat with the assurance of an EOY delivery;-) Although, I am not really upset as my original VIN was a 2021 model year - and I was concerned that it may have had more build issues since it would have been an early VIN.
@stkgator Did you have the “we’re building your car” status up when you got your latest VIN? Mine says this but I know in the past you’ve said your status has bounced between this and “schedule delivery”. Or did someone respond and say this has no correlation? I can’t keep up haha.

So gorgeous… can’t wait for mine! (red/white LR 7 seater 20” FSD)
The BIG question is when is it coming? After hearing the news today (hoping it is not true) I’m actually getting quite annoyed.

If they are aware of a “bench issue”, at least have the courtesy to not group us with the same EDD as the 6 seaters. Unless February really either means 2022 for the 6 seaters and 2023 for the 5/7 seaters…🙄

Sister picked up her X yesterday.. It’s super bad ass! Nothing missing all parts and mats were there.. can’t begin to tell you how jealous I am but I got my VIN for my S on same day as her pick up so I guess that’ll hold my excitement up until the X VINing returns. Not sure if anyone has posted this or not but she has a baby and I’ve been dying to see how the car seats will look in it and I was super happy with the space to get in and outView attachment 753633View attachment 753634View attachment 753635
What car seat? Looking for one too!

Further to the detail I mentioned on page 814 (reply #16,272) about the new directional / fog / side-marker light housing, the interior ambient lighting, and entry / exit puddle lighting has been significantly upgraded — especially on the Falcon Wing Doors. When open, there’s now a bright downward-facing LED that illuminates the ground really nicely! My 2019 MX P100D didn’t have downward-facing FWD lights. Took a pic in my completely dark garage to show this new feature. So great! I’m telling you, they tweaked everything, elevating the experience.
32F36509-9BC1-4FD7-8A83-95838DFE0822.jpeg

The BIG question is when is it coming? After hearing the news today (hoping it is not true) I’m actually getting quite annoyed.

If they are aware of a “bench issue”, at least have the courtesy to not group us with the same EDD as the 6 seaters. Unless February really either means 2022 for the 6 seaters and 2023 for the 5/7 seaters…🙄
There are quite a few owners clubs around the United States that have an affiliation with Tesla. Most of them feature an escalation process whereby a member that isn't getting a reasonable (or any) response from Tesla can ask for a response from a vantage point a bit higher up than our normal access. I know Tesla is dealing with a bunch of unknowns, but the recent Plaid changes and the "rumor" that those of us with 5/7 seat orders will take another trip around the sun before our delivery are all very concerning. (And to think that many of us have just scratched the surface compared to many of you with 2020 and early 2021 orders...) Is it finally time to band together to ask for some clarity, or is this just not worth the effort right now? What about asking the "Model X" question at the next earnings call?

Sorry if this is been posted before.

Further to the detail I mentioned on page 814 (reply #16,272) about the new directional / fog / side-marker light housing, the interior ambient lighting, and entry / exit puddle lighting has been significantly upgraded — especially on the Falcon Wing Doors. When open, there’s now a bright downward-facing LED that illuminates the ground really nicely! My 2019 MX P100D didn’t have downward-facing FWD lights. Took a pic in my completely dark garage to show this new feature. So great! I’m telling you, they tweaked everything, elevating the experience.View attachment 753669
Pretty sure my current 2018 has downward facing light on the FWDs.

Stopped by the Reno showroom today and spoke with a guy there. I asked if I had a SA because I haven’t heard from anyone since I ordered Jan 23,2021. He said I did have someone and they’d reach out to schedule delivery once I get a VIN. We talked about the painful process and lack of communication and he said that they are waiting on lots of parts but recently it’s been more batteries (also made outside of Reno). So looks like I’ll be volunteering some time this week making batteries so all of us can become VINners.

RN115340885
Ordered mid July 21
6 seater no fsd LR
MSM/BLACK
20"
wife's car she's didn't want the plaid.
Ed has always been February since we placed the order. If it changed a few times I didn't notice.
The wait had been long but hey I have and ordered for the trip err quad motor cyber so this seems like a good way to practice waiting..

We've also been waiting over a year for solar panels and a few powerwalls.

Tesla trade in values always seem low. Carvana offered 3k more for her m3.
But Tesla trade gives you the sales tax credit...

Pretty sure my current 2018 has downward facing light on the FWDs.
You’re right outie… found a pic of my 2019 and it does show the lights, as you said. The ones in the refresh must be brighter, because I am actually noticing useful illumination now. I drove the 2019 for three years and never even noticed. This pic of my 2019 was taken in the parking garage at my office, which is well lit anyway. It’s in my dark garage at home where I noticed the light at all, which is why I thought it was new. Regardless, the tweaked illumination in and out creates a vibe 👍🏼

BAFBD511-6383-47B1-BAC1-6FD31DFAF48E.jpeg

Welcome to unknown, the unpublicized side of the Tesla experience. The tech, the Enginreeing, most of the software are next level. Fit and finish is on you to tell them what’s not correct and the management team sucks. The real experience of we Model X order holder is a dirty little secret. Complain outside this forum and you’re accused of spreading FUD or being on the payroll of the Big 3 or Big oil.

By the way, my sales guy “guaranteed“ my priority delivery to be in end of March 2021, then went silent too.
The bad news is you got screwed…. The good news is you weren’t alone and most of us feel your pain.
The world revolves around you, yes. And there are no complications or difficulty in providing you what you want and so rightly deserve. It's so easy.

Lighten up a little. They guys making your car are going thru hell, that they won't discuss on this board or anywhere else, to deliver your car to you. And that doesn't boil down to any guarantee, optimistic sales guy or no. You should feel guilty for believing any guarantee of delivery in these days and times from any car make. If you give a drop dead date these days, you are surely asking for disappointment.