Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s exactly what I just did. I think we all should. No reason we should get charged for it now. At least it would make this wait feel a bit better.
I welcome anyone to correct me if Im wrong, but it seem that the free upgrade to the 6 seaters only applies to the MX Plaid. Those of us with LRs who upgraded aren’t getting anything in return since the 5 and 7 seaters are still options.

However, if you paid for a 6 seat upgrade in your MXP then you should absolutely call and complain.

I welcome anyone to correct me if Im wrong, but it seem that the free upgrade to the 6 seaters only applies to the MX Plaid. Those of us with LRs who upgraded aren’t getting anything in return since the 5 and 7 seaters are still options.

However, if you paid for a 6 seat upgrade in your MXP then you should absolutely call and complain.
I want to know this too ! is this only for MX Plaid?

Reactions: Elixir

My order is a Plaid. I was called on October 12th and asked to switch to the 6 seater config and would get delivery this year guaranteed (in December he said). I wouldn’t have picked up the 6 seater option otherwise.

Worst part was calling the number that’s been circulating back last month only to be told by the lady who picked up that there’s no record of them calling me (I have the emails from the rep who changed my order) and her telling me that apparently they shouldn’t have called anyone with a Plaid order (which we know they called plenty of us) as well them not supposed to call anyone with Canadian orders (which we also know is not true as a few of us were called).

So I’m disappointed to say the least. Getting the credit for the 6 seater option would be nice at this point and at least something.

I want to know this too ! is this only for MX Plaid?

It’s only for Plaid.

My order is a Plaid. I was called on October 12th and asked to switch to the 6 seater config and would get delivery this year guaranteed (in December he said). I wouldn’t have picked up the 6 seater option otherwise.

Worst part was calling the number that’s been circulating back last month only to be told by the lady who picked up that there’s no record of them calling me (I have the emails from the rep who changed my order) and her telling me that apparently they shouldn’t have called anyone with a Plaid order (which we know they called plenty of us) as well them not supposed to call anyone with Canadian orders (which we also know is not true as a few of us were called).

So I’m disappointed to say the least. Getting the credit for the 6 seater option would be nice at this point and at least something.
We need to band together and do this. Who wants to draft a tactful email template? I can already hear my service advisor: “I have no knowledge of any plaid orders converting to the six option for no charge…”

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
Well, from teslas perspective they were a little bit in a pickle with 5 and 7 seat orders. They wouldn't be able or not willing to deliver what was ordered with 5 and 7 seaters. For people who ordered 6 seaters already they are still giving you what you ordered. The ones that got it the worst are the ones that switched even though they might not have really wanted a 6 seater in order to get it by end of '21 and yet still didnt even get it. I def think for those buyers Tesla should do something

Reactions: jbrowdy
I was just thinking about a fan giveaway/promo my company did a few years back where we ordered 1,000 small plastic ice cream bowls with the company logo on them. Well... someone messed up and accidently added an extra 0 to the order. We ended up with 10,000 and still have way too many in storage.

It got me thinking... What if that one Tesla employee intern was ordering parts for 100 6-seat Plaid cars and well, one extra 0 later we have 1,000 6-seat plaids to force upon the consumers.
That's the most logical excuse I can come up with so far. 🤷‍♂️

I'm starting to think like an SA.
Speaking of, did you hear the LR is delayed because of the wheels? We have no wheels for the LR cars.

My first post! I have a order date on January 6th , 2021. The order is a red model x refresh 6 seater with white interior. The estimated delivery date changed TODAY to "TBD". Is this a good sign? Anyone in Northern Virginia get their model x refresh yet?
Don't sweat on it. It keeps changing and you won't be surprised to see your old month back. May be a new intern joined Tesla and got his first assignment😂

Tesla is making all these changes on seats back and forth to get us all prepared for when they announce everyone must move to the new 4-seat model of the X.

Seat count and configuration is the current Tesla intern project since they realized changing our EDDs every other day would no longer phase us.
I can see the Teslas interns bidding war:

“Let’s tell them we’re doing only 4 seats! No, 3! Two!
How about this, heh: one! [guffaws]
Now only a one seater model X plaid is going to be produced!
Oh wait the best part is no part: ZERO SEATS!!!”

“Yeah um guys, I don’t think that’s what the boss meant by ‘no part…’ “
“Hey cool it man, it’s just the Model X buyers we’re *sugar*ing with.”

For anyone thinking they’ll use the Tesla bike rack for e-bikes think again. We ordered electric mountain bikes last spring just after ordering our MX with the expectation the car would come first. Proceeded to order the bike rack while it was in stock. Bikes are in, car isn’t. Installed the rack on our truck, purchased a tube top and went to pick up the first bike. Discovered the Tesla rack will not accommodate the new bikes. Our fault, should have done more research. Ended up purchasing a tray style rack certified for e-bikes. Not sure how its going to fit on the MX, it will interfere with cameras and such. A guy came by with an MY to pick up his e-bike and he had to have a different rack as well. Said he just deals with the camera issues. Anyone else out there use an aftermarket rack with a Tesla?
Be aware that the hitch on the old Model X's is only rated for 120 lbs. A typical rack weighs 50+ lbs, so that only leaves 70 lbs for bikes and e-bikes are quite heavy. I have not heard if the refresh X has a higher weight rating or not.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
That’s exactly what I just did. I think we all should. No reason we should get charged for it now. At least it would make this wait feel a bit better.

Did I miss something? Tesla got rid of 5 and 7 seat options and effectively raised the prices for new orders $6500 since that's the 6 seat option price.
Did Tesla say they were upgrading those with 5 seat orders to 6 seats for free?