Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is it with people and an obsession with CarPlay?
CarPlay is the most important infotainment feature today. Every car should start there and then add on what they want. Tesla not having it means they will always be a step back in that department. They have done some amazing things with tech but are missing the boat on Carplay

we have 4 6'+ boys and none of them care who goes in the 3rd row. Some like it because its further away and 'quiet'. Others don't because its hard to hear what mom/dad say from back there. I'm 6'3 and I don't mind riding back there. Leg room is absolutely awesome putting legs down the middle.
...or using that space for a powered fridge / freezer like I and others in this forum have been doing. Makes road trips that much more special!

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpeg
    IMG_4182.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4183.jpeg
    IMG_4183.jpeg
    616.2 KB · Views: 79
Tesla NAV has been beating the tar out of Waze over the last week of my 40 minute commute. The Nav also has been way more quickly changing routes when it calculates quicker arrivals. Waze is underestimating the arrival times by 15 minutes, consistently. Not sure why. If this continues, the last CarPlay holdout of mine is gone forever.
I was a devoted follower of Waze for years. About a month ago I tried Apple Maps again after not using it for a few years. What an improvement. Waze was the best at one time, but others have caught up and passed Waze. I'm looking forward to what Tesla navigation provides. I hope I can switch over to that. Unless I am "having fun", then Waze is still the best at knowing where speed traps are.

Reactions: bhzmark
Just saw my first refresh MX LR at Tesla Portland on Macadam, white on white 6 seater, it was beautiful! Looked perfect from the outside,inside I could see some weird creases on the front passenger seat just below the headrest, but nothing else that I could see through the window. Alignments both outside and inside looked great. No "worm" on the airbag.

CarPlay is the most important infotainment feature today. Every car should start there and then add on what they want. Tesla not having it means they will always be a step back in that department. They have done some amazing things with tech but are missing the boat on Carplay
Eh.. I get rental cars regularly right now.. cause you know, no Model X for 354 days now, and they've always had CarPlay, and wireless CarPlay. Candidly, I sorely miss my M3 interface..
Apple Maps is not good in my area, Google Maps continues to seem glitchy and sometimes will show the step by step on the phone, but not show the map on the car. I use Spotify and Apple Music, so I do like Apple Music integration, but will give Tidal a shot once my car finally arrives.

And for the roughly 40% of Americans without an iPhone, that doesn't necessarily help to just have CarPlay without Android Auto..

I’m wondering if with the New CCS Model S getting Matrix headlights will the X get them too? I’m one of the lighting weirdos that I actually would push my delivery back just to get the better headlights. My delivery is one of the February ones So by the time February or later… comes around I hope the the new MX lights appear and make it to production cars!
I would also like Matrix headlights once they are fully authorized in the US.

One of the reasons I lease is because I want the latest tech.