Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad people are getting free upgrades! It's good tesla is doing that. Which could set them up for a slippery slope. So people you originally ordered the six seater configuration are stuck paying full price. I know people ordered and the 5 and 7 seater for various reasons and tesla pulled the rug from out under them. I'm just surprised the 6 seater plaid owners aren't a little like hey what about us.

Then again I'm a 6 seater lr+ so I don't have player in the game.

I'm glad people are getting free upgrades! It's good tesla is doing that. Which could set them up for a slippery slope. So people you originally ordered the six seater configuration are stuck paying full price. I know people ordered and the 5 and 7 seater for various reasons and tesla pulled the rug from out under them. I'm just surprised the 6 seater plaid owners aren't a little like hey what about us.

Then again I'm a 6 seater lr+ so I don't have player in the game.
I’m a Plaid 6-seater order and I couldn’t care less about the discounts.

I feel like at this price, the people who wanted 5 or 7 seats purely wanted it for functionality and the extra cost of 6 seats didn’t matter. So for them, this is actually a downgrade. They should definitely not have to pay for a downgrade to their experience.

My initial VIN was 5YJXCBE5XMF326529 which was pulled on 30 Nov.
Not sure why it was pulled, someone's driving it. It has over 8K miles on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-082034_VIN Check.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-082034_VIN Check.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 91
No idea when I will get to drive the MX but just bought the floor mats from Tesla....fit into my current car and pretend driving MX? lol😜

Can you confirm these are for the new refresh MX?

Reactions: flippingrich
Hey guys. I have a couple questions since this is my first tesla.

1. Is it normal for the app and the car to take along time to find each other? Example if I wanted to heat up the car before I leave work. It just keeps saying last seen this many hours and wont let me do anything until I get next to the car.

2. I have some podcasts that I downloaded on a usb drive and put it in the car. It works fine but each time I go in the car it starts from the beginning. Anyway for it to save where I stopped at?

I got this same call from Giovanni. Same deal. He offered to upgrade from 5-seat to 6-seat MXP at no additional cost because I was already in the queue (April 2021 order). I asked him to confirm in writing and he said he would.
While I am happy for my fellow Plaid reservation holders, this is really, really rubbing me the wrong way. I paid for it and others are getting it for free.