Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ummmm now I want red 😡😂 the black
Accents just make the red look so much better I would’ve never bought a red x with silver accents…..
FWD door alignment is a series of compromises - if you fix it one place it's worse somewhere else. Luckily they managed to get mine pretty straight at the factory where it's most noticeable (rear fender and door handles, but taht means there are some other spots (notably the "shoulder" of the door where it lines up with the C pillar/hatch metal and window trim) that isn't perfect, and it also isn't perfectly flush with the shoulder of the rear fender flares on either side, but it's maybe 1/16-1/8" here and there, and it seals perfectly and makes no noises at all. So, keep that in mind when asking for alignment fixes, making it look good can make it not seal, at one of the 10 different seals it has to make and make correctly, or squeak, or whatever.

I'm old enough to remember when hardtop convertibles were too complicated and expensive to fix and keep working properly. Imagine a car with two hardtop convertible tops, that don't and can't open or go back toegether the same way every time, and have to seal at points that get absolutely pummeled in the rain, and have sunroofs built into them and have to avoid pinching people's fingers off in many, many, many different pinch points and also avoid head knocking things and avoid objects above them and next to them...it's pure ridiculousness. I want to paint it like one of my French cars
Do the French make cars or great food, wine /and happiness? I never understood the 2CV.

I just added FSD to my order. Figure increasing my price may help me. Once I get a VIN I’ll ask them to remove it. Watch me get sent to the back of the line.

You and I are running the same strategy, I also think they’re going with higher margin deliveries ASAP, or at least prioritizing them wherever possible.

Either that, or my SA is a bridge troll and is screwing me because I didn’t answer one of their riddles correctly.

I keep checking the Plaid order page as well and totally understand doing that considering some of the quick plaid deliveries. I hover over the order button for a plaid but I just can't fathom paying an extra 30K for just an extra motor to get it potentially earlier, compared to my price set for an LR 7 seater prior to the price hikes seen the last few times on the LRs. It would be something if your ordered Plaid comes in right away though, let us know for sure!

I am doing the exact same thing - I am really thinking of ordering the Plaid but its a big bump in price and I won't take advantage of the extra speed, etc. But I am also worried that the Plaid will get a price bump soon since it should be more than the S Plaid so maybe lock it in now. I am thinking of making an order and then if the Plaid comes in first then decide if I want to take it or cancel the order and ask Tesla to transfer the order fee to my current LR reservation.

I am doing the exact same thing - I am really thinking of ordering the Plaid but its a big bump in price and I won't take advantage of the extra speed, etc. But I am also worried that the Plaid will get a price bump soon since it should be more than the S Plaid so maybe lock it in now. I am thinking of making an order and then if the Plaid comes in first then decide if I want to take it or cancel the order and ask Tesla to transfer the order fee to my current LR reservation.
This is a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure. The order fee has risen from $100 to $250 since I ordered my LR. Is this completely non refundable? I mean given that any order placed now has an EDD of at least 6 months away. I don't see how it is a disadvantage to Tesla if I cancel my order 2 months after placing it, therefore it would be nice if the order fee is refunded. But of course, I am a dreamer.

I think Tesla should just let all the SAs go (would anyone even notice a difference?) and allocate the labor costs to more factory workers and logistics.
I legit considered getting a part time job with the Nashville store as a SA just to get more info on my delivery, escalate my order and then quit after I got my X 🤣🤣

I drove from LA to SF this morning and saw the usual onslaught of trucks full of Tesla’s on board. Out of the nearly 30 trucks I saw heading southbound on I-5, there was only a single refresh Model X to be found (mostly white Y’s and 3’s of course). The X was a black/black w/22” wheels…hopefully thats good news for 1 person on this board.
As a follow up, driving back south from SF (same route, just going in the same direction as the delivery trucks) I saw far fewer trucks which makes sense, but it was the same 99% Y’s and 3’s as before. I did see one single refresh Model S (no new taillights) but no refresh Model X’s this time. Just sharing fwiw.

On an interesting side note, driving both ways I saw alot of trucks with Hyundai’s new Ioniq 5 heading up north. Quite a few Toyota/Lexus shipments as well so its good to see alot of new vehicles making their way to new owners amid the much talked about global parts shortage.

Sadly no, the last thing to change was a button to purchase FSD appearing. So I went ahead and added it, just in case they’re prioritizing higher gross margin deliveries.

I’ve resorted to pleading to Daddy’s Musk on Twitter for funsies, but that seems to be falling on deaf ears as well:

You have some interesting bots replying to yur tweet :rolleyes:

I legit considered getting a part time job with the Nashville store as a SA just to get more info on my delivery, escalate my order and then quit after I got my X 🤣🤣

Okay, that’s brilliant. It can’t be that hard:

Interviewer: “Do you value customer service and responsiveness, even when you may not have all the answers?”

Me: “No. Those losers should be happy to even get a car, maybe, one day.”

Interviewer: “When can you start?”

I see, true, the good thing is you can always decide if a PLAID VIN gets assigned to you whether you want to continue with it or decline it an stick with the LR. Your thoughts on Plaid getting a price bump I think is very reasonable considering the price of the S Plaids we're seeing now. Even if they don't transfer your deposit over, it would be super nice if they did, the 250 loss isn't that hard to swallow, if a car comes in months earlier.

Im curious, is there any other differences in Plaid, I.e. design, suspension, etc, other than the extra motor and carbon fiber interior bits? The torque vectoring does sound cool as its currently present on my current Acura SUV and is does help at times when you push the car with handling when accelerating around corners.

Reactions: niogyn

I don't follow the drone footage often, is this legit different than normal or just hyping?
It's funny I have been engaging with Sawyer Merritt for over a year. The day after I sent him this:

He ignores it and is heralding the flow of Model X's. I sent him my tweet on 1/12 and he posts this on 1/13. o_O

Hello friends!
With a number of additional deliveries I wanted to recap the MX Refresh Issues thread here quickly. A reminder to check the below list when you obtain your car! We have certainly seeing some trends across multiple deliveries.

Instances ReportedIssueResolution
1"Model X" Badge only on right FWDOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver and passenger climate controls linkedOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Speaker issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Missing floor carpet mats at deliveryResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Missing trunk panel - small left pocketOutstanding - Due at service center
2Missing 22" wheel insertsOutstanding - Due at service center
1Missing black rubber strip at top of frunk near windshield cornerOutstanding - no resolution identified
5Key fobs unresponsive to carResolution - Initial pairing performed by user per manual
4Stains on chairs and panels.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.Outstanding - no resolution identified
4Curb rash on rims at deliveryOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly.Outstanding - no resolution identified
1Paint issues - mismatched color on exterior piecesOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Seat issues - various - see Detail columnOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Creaking sounds while driving on uneven surfaces.Outstanding - no resolution identified
5Paint issues - scratches or chipsResolution - Performed by Service Center
1White plastic strip hanging from FWD hingeOutstanding - no resolution identified
2DentResolution - Performed by Service Center
1Coat hanger mount crookedResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Noise from second row seats - squeakingOutstanding - no resolution identified
13Off alignment - FWDResolution - Performed by Service Center
2Off alignment - FrunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Off alignment - FWD GlassResolution - Performed by Service Center
4Off alignment - OtherOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Rear screen video display issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Summon only operates in reverse and not forwardOutstanding - SC: "wait for software update"
1Frunk liner looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
13rd row seat wiring exposed to trunkOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Whining sound while driving or acceloratingOutstanding - no resolution identified
2Chip or crack in glassOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing Key FobsOutstanding - no resolution identified
3Driver door latching issuesOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Missing pieces of interior trimOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU lost connectivityOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Distortion in windshield glassResolution - Replaced windshield glass
1Headlights level is misalignedOutstanding - no resolution identified
1Camera - Left Repeater housing is looseOutstanding - no resolution identified
1MCU Reboots UnexpedlyOutstanding - no resolution identified
The delivery checklist and this list of issues was VERY helpful for me when I picked up my MX Plaid a week ago. I'm happy to say none of the documented issues people have run into are visible / evident on my car. I picked it up with just 16 miles on the odometer and have now driven nearly 400 miles. Everything, so far, has been great, knock on wood! It's actually more "perfect" than my 2019 MX P100D was when I bought that three years ago.

where are people seeing the "ADD FSD" in their account order page? I am not seeing it anywhere.
TeslaOrder.jpg