Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see, true, the good thing is you can always decide if a PLAID VIN gets assigned to you whether you want to continue with it or decline it an stick with the LR. Your thoughts on Plaid getting a price bump I think is very reasonable considering the price of the S Plaids we're seeing now. Even if they don't transfer your deposit over, it would be super nice if they did, the 250 loss isn't that hard to swallow, if a car comes in months earlier.

Im curious, is there any other differences in Plaid, I.e. design, suspension, etc, other than the extra motor and carbon fiber interior bits? The torque vectoring does sound cool as its currently present on my current Acura SUV and is does help at times when you push the car with handling when accelerating around corners.
This is exactly what I did.

I just added FSD to my order. Figure increasing my price may help me. Once I get a VIN I’ll ask them to remove it. Watch me get sent to the back of the line.
No risk of that! It's hard to go back behind the last person! 😁😁😁

More serious nore: I had FSD on my Y, deleted after VIN assignment. Didn't have any impact on my delivery (which is on Sunday...)

• Funny
Reactions: IAMCCF and Stro
so I scooped an inventory model S refresh. My Model X LR has an EDD of February 2022 like everyone else (ordered April 2020). White/white/5 seat. I'd actually be paying 6k for more the Model S than the Model X. I'd like to possibly use the S until the X is ready then sell the S, but I'd like to not lose a lot of money. Ideally sell for at least 101k. Anyone have thoughts on this?

so I scooped an inventory model S refresh. My Model X LR has an EDD of February 2022 like everyone else (ordered April 2020). White/white/5 seat. I'd actually be paying 6k for more the Model S than the Model X. I'd like to possibly use the S until the X is ready then sell the S, but I'd like to not lose a lot of money. Ideally sell for at least 101k. Anyone have thoughts on this?
You're having to pay sales tax on the S I assume, yeah? That must be a decent chunk of change in the Bay Area, no?

i've had Tesla white seats for 5+ years...hasn't really been an issue even with 2 kids. They spilled watermelon juice on the seats but wiped up except for the cloth portions between the seats
Same, I had a Big Red soda spill in my lap. like the entire LARGE soda and it left zero spots after wiping it up. And I have two kids as well.. no issues at all and ordered the white on the X cause of this.
This is why I drive in the nude. Keeps the seats clean.
This comment just added three months to your EDD.. lol jk