Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 to the latter point - I was going to make the same, that the MX Plaid will be such a (comparatively) lower volume product, I would be shocked if Tesla would produce different seats between the two trims. It would go against everything we've seen Tesla do already in pursuit of supply chain efficiencies (ex. changes in paint colors, simplification/standardization of trims across models, etc.).
yup i understood what you meant..i was just talking out loud in my thought process on ordering cream seats after my mistake on the black seats
Interesting.

Before taking delivery of my 2022 Model X Plaid (with white seats / black piping), I rented a 2021 Refreshed Model X Long Range over the Christmas / New Year's holiday -- had it for 11 days. Drove it from San Francisco to Palm Springs and back, so had LOTS of time in the car. It had a Cream / Wood interior, and the cream seats DID NOT have contrast stitching (see pic). Plaid versions with Cream colored seats *do* have the contrast stitching.

It should also be noted, this isn't a first for Tesla. They included black contrast stitching (although more subdued) on white seats in the P100D / Performance versions of the MX in the past. Again, I speak from experience -- I owned a 2019 MX P100D with white seats / black contrast stitching.
IMG_1032.JPG

Interesting.

Before taking delivery of my 2022 Model X Plaid (with white seats / black piping), I rented a 2021 Refreshed Model X Long Range over the Christmas / New Year's holiday -- had it for 11 days. Drove it from San Francisco to Palm Springs and back, so had LOTS of time in the car. It had a Cream / Wood interior, and the cream seats DID NOT have contrast stitching (see pic). Plaid versions with Cream colored seats *do* have the contrast stitching.

It should also be noted, this isn't a first for Tesla. They included black contrast stitching (although more subdued) on white seats in the P100D / Performance versions of the MX in the past. Again, I speak from experience -- I owned a 2019 MX P100D with white seats / black contrast stitching.View attachment 755727
Do we have interior pics of a 2022 X LR w/cream seats to compare with the 2022 Plaid?

Interesting.

It should also be noted, this isn't a first for Tesla. They included black contrast stitching (although more subdued) on white seats in the P100D / Performance versions of the MX in the past. Again, I speak from experience -- I owned a 2019 MX P100D with white seats / black contrast stitching.View attachment 755727
Interesting...my 2019 Raven S Performance white seats does not have contrast stitching .
They really can streamline their productions by not having so many little modifications within their model line ups.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
We needed to extend our rental car as no X on the horizon. I reached out to my SA and just asked if Tesla planned to do anything for those who have been waiting almost a year or longer and had to rent cars. She said Tesla doesn't have any plans and never helped anyone. I mentioned to her about the MMA fighter that got a free loaner from Tesla until his X was ready. I asked if she knew of anything for us common folks. She said I would have to contact their legal department 😁

Safe to say nothing for us.

Interesting.

Looks like the black interior MX Plaid has white contrast stitching on the seats. This is a screen capture from a video sent to me by a friend.

Capture.JPG

We needed to extend our rental car as no X on the horizon. I reached out to my SA and just asked if Tesla planned to do anything for those who have been waiting almost a year or longer and had to rent cars. She said Tesla doesn't have any plans and never helped anyone. I mentioned to her about the MMA fighter that got a free loaner from Tesla until his X was ready. I asked if she knew of anything for us common folks. She said I would have to contact their legal department 😁

Extended my rental for a month today. Hopefully "February" is the month!!

Interesting. So it charges slower than my M3 (42mph).
Yep. It's all about the EPA rated Wh/mi. M3 is a much smaller car so it's rated Wh/mi is lower. So at a common charging rate, you will get more mph in the M3 than MX.

A quick web search yields 253Wh/mi for M3 and 330Wh/mi for MX. You can do your own division into charge rate and calculate charge speed.

Yep that was Beneil Dariush, an Assyrian MMA fighter. I think it was Joe Rogan that relayed the message to Elon.

Yep. It's all about the EPA rated Wh/mi. M3 is a much smaller car so it's rated Wh/mi is lower. So at a common charging rate, you will get more mph in the M3 than MX.

A quick web search yields 253Wh/mi for M3 and 330Wh/mi for MX. You can do your own division into charge rate and calculate charge speed.
Model X has always been the pig of the group (love my piggy though!). Here's Tesla's chart using their Wall Charger as reference...

Charging Rate.jpg