Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think some people who ordered in 2020, with LR 6 seats can try this experiment - order a LR today and see if you are getting a car sooner than the 2020 order!
I wonder if we wait until getting a VIN assigned if we could get them to move the VIN to our original RN once we are close to pick up... tempting to do the exact same order and see what happens. Just be like "So... uh... when you called me in January of 2021 you said I would be on the "priority list" to get our cars delivered... and this is the exact car... so just give it to me for the price you agreed to..."

Ok so I need some help/guidance. I just joined a few days ago when I put my order in on 1/17/22. Put my entry in the tracking sheet and just been poking around the the forum. Been great reading up and learning. I got through all the registration and loan paperwork, including trade in and that was that. I randomly opened the app tonight and I have a VIN and a delivery date of 2/2-2/6. That can’t be accurate right? There is no way I ordered two days ago and It’s ready right? I had January 2023 as my date which I was prepared (and wanted to) wait the year just want to get the order in ahead of the FSD price increase . Thoughts?

I think it’s in my signature if I did it right, but in case it’s not…Model X LR, pearl white, 20 inc wheels, black interior, 6 seat, FSD.
Nice troll 🤣

Buts it's Tesla, so can be real.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Ok so I need some help/guidance. I just joined a few days ago when I put my order in on 1/17/22. Put my entry in the tracking sheet and just been poking around the the forum. Been great reading up and learning. I got through all the registration and loan paperwork, including trade in and that was that. I randomly opened the app tonight and I have a VIN and a delivery date of 2/2-2/6. That can’t be accurate right? There is no way I ordered two days ago and It’s ready right? I had January 2023 as my date which I was prepared (and wanted to) wait the year just want to get the order in ahead of the FSD price increase . Thoughts?

I think it’s in my signature if I did it right, but in case it’s not…Model X LR, pearl white, 20 inc wheels, black interior, 6 seat, FSD.
Firstly, Congrats on your new Model X.
Secondly, Can you take my money and get me some lottery tickets? I sense that you are my new lucky charms. Lol 😂

All in all, nothing personal but this is a classic Tesla act.

New idea:
Place a new order exactly like my current order, add the $12k FSD, get a VIN in 2 days, wait until it’s at the delivery center, decline delivery/forfeit the $250 reservation fee but tell them I would like to take delivery for that one on my old reservation since that’s the same specs.

1642656480061.jpeg

No way

New idea:
Place a new order exactly like my current order, add the $12k FSD, get a VIN in 2 days, wait until it’s at the delivery center, decline delivery/forfeit the $250 reservation fee but tell them I would like to take delivery for that one on my old reservation since that’s the same specs.

View attachment 757759
You might actually be up to something…. BRB ordering one rn

Troll

For all of us getting a specific 3 week window EDD (like me) today, was your previous EDD TBD? ... just curious ...
No EDD switched to march 2022 like everyone a week or so ago then yesterday morning 2/2-2/23..

Pics or it didn’t happen..
need picture of order date with rn # minus last two digits and screenshot of app with same rn with vin and delivery date..
there is zero percent this is real..
If so, Tesla is trash for this..
me losing my vin and seeing it being offered to others with different configs was terrible but this might take the cake..
Is everyone here 100% sure that FSD is removable? Just went to add it for the experiment and at the bottom it says I wouldn’t be able to make any more changes to the carView attachment 757762
Just got my S today
Had FSD but I’m ultimately going to sell my car in two years for another Tesla and decided the features just aren’t worth the added cost at this moment.. so removed it and nothing changed but my finances amount/monthly payment which was based on same initial order price before price hike

Reactions: abel2003
I know this isn’t the right forum for this but today I got my LR S delivered after a nearly 7 month wait.. has a couple of issues (missing all trunk trim) but other than that it’s awesome!
I talked with SA and asked about delays with X and headlights and he said that weird things are holding up the cars it could be headlights but it’s not because they are switching to matrix. He said they won’t switch to matrix until the cars start shipping to Europe/globally where they can take advantage of the features that matrix lights offer.
Also for Cincinnati folks.. 4 X’s delivered (my sisters is one of them) zero plaids so far.
I also got to ride in a plaid s and it is insane how powerful that car is, puts you in the back of your seat all the way to 120 (which is where we hit breaks at)

E2615E4A-B7E2-4024-8030-0CEF6989BC59.jpegFB5F263F-79A3-47D1-842A-A93CE6306929.jpegA11D6BFA-299C-4172-9242-81F26FFC7A0B.jpeg

New idea:

View attachment 757759

That’s actually brilliant. Think of it as a $250 expedite fee.

That’s actually brilliant. Think of it as a $250 expedite fee.
I thought of doing this before but I don’t want to risk them canceling my original order or forcing me to take the new one. I know it sounds stupid. But look at who we’re dealing with (Tesla). They make up random things as they go. I don’t want to take any chances. I suppose it could be done under a different account/name though.

So while Elite Auto Films was putting on PPF and ceramic coating they noticed that the Model X Refresh's rear passenger door trim colors don't match, you can see that one side is black while the other side is white. I'm Worried other things I can't see, maybe more safety related were not inspected thoroughly

You must have got the car intended for these guys. Well one of them anyway.

Bruce.

1642660495346.png

Sorry if this isn’t the thread for this, but does anyone know if this noise is normal? First Tesla owned, so I’m not sure. Thanks! Took delivery last Friday.
Don't have an S\X but i have a 3 and it makes all sorts of weird noises when parked\charging. To me that sounds like an air compressor. Was the air suspension raising?

I've also heard odd sounds when the car is very cold and warming up to charge, but this sounds a bit different.

I thought of doing this before but I don’t want to risk them canceling my original order or forcing me to take the new one. I know it sounds stupid. But look at who we’re dealing with (Tesla). They make up random things as they go. I don’t want to take any chances. I suppose it could be done under a different account/name though.
Tesla does positive things for customers. I received my Model X LR last week 1/12, don't hate: original EDD April, ordered 8/29/21. I live in Hawaii and there aren't many orders for the refresh model X. I was called by the "Customer Experience Manager" a week prior to my delivery that a car was on the island and available because it wasn't accepted by a customer. Of course it wasn't the exact specs I had ordered, Blk/Blk 5 seater, 22" wheels. NO FSD vs. MSM/White,6 seater 22" wheels, NO FSD.

Also the price was 16K more due to upgrades in seating and recent base price increase. But i knew that if I didn't accept this car, there was no telling went I would receive my original order. Well I accepted the car and the local office here gave me the vehicle for the base price I had originally contracted with Tesla and gave me a $4K credit for minor paint work that was performed here upon receipt of the vehicle from the factory.

I am only 5k out of pocket. I am elated and haven't had any problems with the vehicle(knock on wood). This is my second Tesla and I am very grateful for the local Tesla staff.