Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I need some help/guidance. I just joined a few days ago when I put my order in on 1/17/22. Put my entry in the tracking sheet and just been poking around the the forum. Been great reading up and learning. I got through all the registration and loan paperwork, including trade in and that was that. I randomly opened the app tonight and I have a VIN and a delivery date of 2/2-2/6. That can’t be accurate right? There is no way I ordered two days ago and It’s ready right? I had January 2023 as my date which I was prepared (and wanted to) wait the year just want to get the order in ahead of the FSD price increase . Thoughts?

I think it’s in my signature if I did it right, but in case it’s not…Model X LR, pearl white, 20 inc wheels, black interior, 6 seat, FSD.
I am sure this has to be frustrating for many. I know if I were in your shoes, I’d be threw the roof. I‘m attaching a few screen shots just for validation. In no way am I trying to come in here and troll. If I am being honest, I am frustrated by this myself. I am unclear how a company, even if I paid more with a later order date, would prioritize delivery for me. I was planning to take delivery a year from now, not now. It’s likely I will tell them that I will pass and see if I can just get bumped down the list. I acknowledge that even that statement has to be frustrating, but it’s not to troll, just talking about my timeline and expectations.

Attachments

• 812F1AC9-F146-4970-B80A-686ED006B96B.jpeg
    812F1AC9-F146-4970-B80A-686ED006B96B.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 103
  • A51ED433-4A86-4E61-9549-7313882B6187.jpeg
    A51ED433-4A86-4E61-9549-7313882B6187.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 84
I am sure this has to be frustrating for many. I know if I were in your shoes, I’d be threw the roof. I‘m attaching a few screen shots just for validation. In no way am I trying to come in here and troll. If I am being honest, I am frustrated by this myself. I am unclear how a company, even if I paid more with a later order date, would prioritize delivery for me. I was planning to take delivery a year from now, not now. It’s likely I will tell them that I will pass and see if I can just get bumped down the list. I acknowledge that even that statement has to be frustrating, but it’s not to troll, just talking about my timeline and expectations.
I believed you because we’ve seen in the past in this thread that not believing something crazy that tesla has done typically it turns out that yeah, tesla actually did that.

I can also see where this is annoying to have something delivered too early. I ordered in May 2021 because the EDDs started moving fast. I wanted the X in fall of 2021 and made the mistake of believing the EDDs at the time. If I had known it would be so delayed I would have ordered in January last year to get in the line.

Bottom line, unpredictable delivery timelines (too early and too late) are a huge pain for customers.

Somewhere along the way, I switched from black to white thinking it would get me my MXP sooner (no idea why). Then, somewhere along the way, I couldn't switch it back without risking losing my place in line. I think white would be really cool. I had a MS in white. But, I actually wanted black.

Sooo, @richincle inspired me to do an experiment. Decided to place a brand new reservation in black, hoping I'd see some crazy EDD (cause it's Plaid and the Plaids appear to be rolling out). Nope. EDD of October and $250 out the door. 😫

Somewhere along the way, I switched from black to white thinking it would get me my MXP sooner (no idea why). Then, somewhere along the way, I couldn't switch it back without risking losing my place in line. I think white would be really cool. I had a MS in white. But, I actually wanted black.

Sooo, @richincle inspired me to do an experiment. Decided to place a brand new reservation in black, hoping I'd see some crazy EDD (cause it's Plaid and the Plaids appear to be rolling out). Nope. EDD of October and $250 out the door. 😫
Well you have to wait TWO days sir. Gotta have some patience :p

I thought of doing this before but I don’t want to risk them canceling my original order or forcing me to take the new one. I know it sounds stupid. But look at who we’re dealing with (Tesla). They make up random things as they go. I don’t want to take any chances. I suppose it could be done under a different account/name though.
I gotta say… I’m not taking the chance.

I apologize for doubting you. Or maybe a better way to say it is, I apologize for putting faith in Tesla.
Tesla makes phenomenal cars (when done right) but it is crystal clear they desperately have got to innovate in the customer service/EDD part of their business. There should be zero chance this could happen. Regardless of you having the same order as someone who cancels or whatever the reason you got your car ahead of people that have waited 14+ months longer than you.
This by no means is your fault and do not be silly and deny this vehicle. If you’re lucky enough for this not to be a mistake and get your vin pulled like me and others, you for sure should take delivery! It is NOT your fault Tesla sucks in this space you’re just an innocent bystander who got extremely lucky!
Enjoy! And sorry again for doubting you.

Congrats!

This is crazy, unbelievable, but congrats, enjoy it.
Something with Tesla reservation/delivery system is so wrong...

I believed you because we’ve seen in the past in this thread that not believing something crazy that tesla has done typically it turns out that yeah, tesla actually did that.

I can also see where this is annoying to have something delivered too early. I ordered in May 2021 because the EDDs started moving fast. I wanted the X in fall of 2021 and made the mistake of believing the EDDs at the time. If I had known it would be so delayed I would have ordered in January last year to get in the line.

Bottom line, unpredictable delivery timelines (too early and too late) are a huge pain for customers.
I apologize for doubting you. Or maybe a better way to say it is, I apologize for putting faith in Tesla.
Tesla makes phenomenal cars (when done right) but it is crystal clear they desperately have got to innovate in the customer service/EDD part of their business. There should be zero chance this could happen. Regardless of you having the same order as someone who cancels or whatever the reason you got your car ahead of people that have waited 14+ months longer than you.
This by no means is your fault and do not be silly and deny this vehicle. If you’re lucky enough for this not to be a mistake and get your vin pulled like me and others, you for sure should take delivery! It is NOT your fault Tesla sucks in this space your just an innocent bystander who got extremely lucky!
Enjoy! And sorry again for doubting you.
I appreciate that @flippingrich. No worries. If I am being honest I have two reasons that I want to wait. First is the idea of being a year from now and having the assembly/build process being more refined is more palatable since I tend to keep cars for a long time, and I really am in no way a car guy. The second reason Is that I thought I had a year to build up more of a down payment for the loan. I’m pretty risk adverse when it comes to my budget. With three little ones, I have college I need to worry about!

I appreciate that @flippingrich. No worries. If I am being honest I have two reasons that I want to wait. First is the idea of being a year from now and having the assembly/build process being more refined is more palatable since I tend to keep cars for a long time, and I really am in no way a car guy. The second reason Is that I thought I had a year to build up more of a down payment for the loan. I’m pretty risk adverse when it comes to my budget. With three little ones, I have college I need to worry about!
Take the car and sell it the day after, you will probably make ~$15k-$20k.

From personal experience with my MYLR delivery, I know that an unexpectedly early delivery can be inconvenient.

I currently have an EDD range of 01/21-02/09 for a MXP. This was unexpected with a previous EDD of April. I am now scrambling a bit to get things arranged just in case the EDD is correct. I actually ordered the MXP as a hedge in 08/21, when I saw how much more quickly the MSP was being delivered relative to the LR. However, I would prefer to have my X LR ordered in May at 89k. Now I am afraid that if I cancel my MXP order, then I will be waiting longer than Stro for my LR. I’m worried that the earlier, lower priced orders are low on Tesla’s priority list now.

Well with the interest rates so low and investment returns higher, you should dump the down payment into their 529 plan (where it can grown) and finance the whole car. Unless you have some owned business reason, it makes no sense to give them a big down payment.

Reactions: croman
Gotta believe it's a car somebody rejected. I'm with you man if I ordered today I would want another year or more for the line to get its ish together. My 11/2020 build car was really close to as perfect as the fundamentally flawed Model X can get, but they'd been making them that way (Raven) for a year and half and making X's for 5 years at that point...

I'm thinking the older orders may have gotten corrupted, deleted or something because they're kicking out cars in 2 days now. newer orders are getting vins. how can we check on our older orders to see if they have accidently been kicked out of the system ?