Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MXP 6 seat just updated from August 2022 to Feb. 7-14th. I ordered it in November 2021 and live in South Carolina ... Wife's having second thoughts as she feels it's excessive since we have a BMW X7 family hauler. I sold her on the fact that we use my 2020 Model 3P for more than just my business car and need something bigger, but she's becoming unsold.

My MXP 6 seat just updated from August 2022 to Feb. 7-14th. I ordered it in November 2021 and live in South Carolina ... Wife's having second thoughts as she feels it's excessive since we have a BMW X7 family hauler. I sold her on the fact that we use my 2020 Model 3P for more than just my business car and need something bigger, but she's becoming unsold.
Plaid plaid plaid....
Y'all should move to another thread

I appreciate that @flippingrich. No worries. If I am being honest I have two reasons that I want to wait. First is the idea of being a year from now and having the assembly/build process being more refined is more palatable since I tend to keep cars for a long time, and I really am in no way a car guy. The second reason Is that I thought I had a year to build up more of a down payment for the loan. I’m pretty risk adverse when it comes to my budget. With three little ones, I have college I need to worry about!
First I wan to thank everyone for the thoughts and help being new to this forum. It has been a great experience for me to learn about other's experience as well as feel good about sharing my experience and getting great feedback from everyone.

So Tessa reached out yesterday to me via text to tell me I had additional items to complete to take delivery, mainly things around the trade in paperwork. I had a great experience engaging with them and ended up putting my order on hold until 4/17/22. They said that 90 days was the longest they could/would hold the order without risking cancellation. They released the car that I was assigned this morning.

Again, I know that many of you encouraged me to just take delivery, but while the money is cheap, I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger quite yet. I know many of you have been waiting a long time and have lived through frustrations of waiting and dummies like me having experiences as I have, so again, I appreciate the engagement.

While I am on hold until April, I'll be sticking around and continuing to engage in this great community.

Plaid plaid plaid....
Y'all should move to another thread
Model X Plaid waiting room:

“I just got my X! I had to wait two days though.”

“Wow, sux. I got mine next day. Still sucked to wait Soooo loooong. My SA kept me updated every few hours on the extra polishing they were doing on the wheels though.”

“Seriously? You had to wait a day? I just bought one on the lot. There were like ten to choose from, and two were exactly what I wanted.”

long time lurker... can someone tell me what the F is goin on. EDD went from TBD for about maybe two weeks ago back to original Aug a couple days ago and today to 2/2 ~ 2/21. !?!?!?!?!?!

Order Date: 11/1/2021
Plaid - White - Black - 6 Seater - 20'' - No FSD - Texas
You are part of the privileged and chosen group. Enjoy.

Model X Plaid waiting room:

“I just got my X! I had to wait two days though.”

“Wow, sux. I got mine next day. Still sucked to wait Soooo loooong. My SA kept me updated every few hours on the extra polishing they were doing on the wheels though.”

“Seriously? You had to wait a day? I just bought one on the lot. There were like ten to choose from, and two were exactly what I wanted.”
I'm game on this 👍🏾

long time lurker... can someone tell me what the F is goin on. EDD went from TBD for about maybe two weeks ago back to original Aug a couple days ago and today to 2/2 ~ 2/21. !?!?!?!?!?!

Order Date: 11/1/2021
Plaid - White - Black - 6 Seater - 20'' - No FSD - Texas

Must not have been lurking very long, but welcome. Join us. We have no mouth, but we must scream.