Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And don’t make the same mistake as me. Paying in full one day before delivery, with them confirming “it’s almost delivery day! Your car is arriving tomorrow between 8:00am-12:00pm. We will text you when your car is on its way!” only to be told two hours later they prematurely scheduled, your delivery is cancelled and your car is still in production and inspection.

And turn the knife while they deliver someone else’s car who was VIN’d a week after you who placed an order in December. Not your fault @shamberann and you seem like an awesome person sharing your experience with us. It just doesn’t make any sense.

There are others who have been waiting a year and don’t even have a VIN. None of this makes any sense logistically. I just don’t know when the bad expectations/false alarms stop for everyone waiting for their car. When will it stop?

Last edited:
I don’t Understand people running their credit without a VIN. Especially those in this forum. You read things here and you should know don’t run it till you are forced to with a VIN in hand.
See above. Some banks, which are more competitive than Tesla‘s financing, take a while to push through. When I bought my model S plaid, I used Bank of America. Their rates blew everyone out of the water, but it took painfully long time to get it in place.

My logic was to get a head start on financing if I knew I was within 30 to 45 days. It’s the first time in a year that I’ve had an actual date range, and (shame on me), I kind of assumed I was getting close enough to justify pulling my credit. Lesson learned.

Reactions: ironwill96