Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ED55C7CD-5C35-47D7-B824-8E8E1D32BBEE.jpeg

FORUM REQUEST!!

Hey everyone, I have a request of everyone in this forum: I kindly ask that you take a moment and update your vehicle configuration, order date and EDD in your signature. Just click on your name, go to settings and click Signature.

This is a very active forum, which is awesome, but it's hard to catch up and keep up if you miss a day or two. A few weeks ago I was gone for almost a week and came back to 50 unread pages. At this time of this posting, we already have 12 pages that were just from today. A chunk of those are the same questions we all have when we hear of someone getting a VIN, "when did you order? what configuration? where are you?" I think taking a moment to update that stuff in your signature would be an awesome way to reduce some of the posts and make this forum easier to follow.

Thanks in advance!

GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
Nooooooo!!!! I can’t lie, though. Not having you in the trench didn’t feel right…

• Funny
Reactions: ironwill96 and Stro
FORUM REQUEST!!

Hey everyone, I have a request of everyone in this forum: I kindly ask that you take a moment and update your vehicle configuration, order date and EDD in your signature. Just click on your name, go to settings and click Signature.

This is a very active forum, which is awesome, but it's hard to catch up and keep up if you miss a day or two. A few weeks ago I was gone for almost a week and came back to 50 unread pages. At this time of this posting, we already have 12 pages that were just from today. A chunk of those are the same questions we all have when we hear of someone getting a VIN, "when did you order? what configuration? where are you?" I think taking a moment to update that stuff in your signature would be an awesome way to reduce some of the posts and make this forum easier to follow.

Thanks in advance!
where is signature?

With no car in sight I may switch to MY. Feb15 is arriving soon and so is the dreaded EDD push to April. Unable to decide as MY 4680 details are vague. Elon completely messed up the previous earnings call with his ramblings and his so called product road map is sugarest sugar. I won’t be surprised if they just switch 7 and 5 seat orders to model Y, and give 72 hours before they cancel the order.

Last edited:
I'd buy Model Y instead of waiting for Model X for 3 years (2020, 2021 and 2022) if they had a blind spot monitor and normal turning levers with two positions. But these two small things ruined that car for me completely.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I don’t believe the refresh X takes steps to differentiate on your requests. The blind spot monitor in my Y and X are the same. The indicator on the Y is different to the old X.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I don’t believe the refresh X takes steps to differentiate on your requests. The blind spot monitor in my Y and X are the same. The indicator on the Y is different to the old X.
Model X displays cars in the blind spot in the instruments panel. There is no screen in the instruments panel in Model Y though. It's highly inconvenient to check cars in the blind spot on the central display. Especially, because that part of the screen ...is out of sight because of the wheel.

Anyone in their Feb delivery window without vin
Yes
Me. Feb 2-23
Same
Hooooooooly crap. This man got a VIN! Unfortunately, my EDD is Feb 6-11 and I'm out of town Feb 6-15. My. Damn. Luck.

YAY!!!!!
GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!

@Stro Welcome to the PrIoRiTy QuEuE... 🙄🙃😩

I called my SA as I am now in my 2/2 - 2/23 EDD window. My guy wasn't in the office today but I talked to another rep who is very smart/second in command and she told me that I have been softmatched and should be getting VIN any day now.. She also said that S's and X's in particular have been staying at factory longer than normal as of late for additional testing. So even if i get a VIN tomorrow I still wouldn't get my car until the latter part of my EDD window. She said the X's usually get VINs and are at test track/inspection for 2-3 weeks on average then get shipped out to buyers location. So roughly a 3-4 week process for me once VIN is assigned. She also said that people who get cars shortly after being VINed are getting a "rejected" car for either financing reasons and/or defects. Or because they live a rock throw away from the factory and it get it quicker due to the logistics. So more waiting is in store for me.. All though being softmatched is step one.. Factory gate is number two... Delivery text/3 day window is 3.