Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
Just when you think they can't mess someone's order up even more. They seem to not know what they're doing at this point.

Reactions: ironwill96
Finally!!!

Besides few minor things (service will fix next month), everything is in great shape. Pick up went smoothly, apparently they don't clean inside for some reason but whatever, was glad to get out of there.

Hopefully you guys will get yours soon enough.. well worth the wait.
Congratulations! Looks great. Glad it all went smoothly for you. It didn't go so well for me; oh well, I will go back tomorrow to pick it up.

So I haven't left and won't leave this forum for a while. I truly appreciate everyone putting up with my silly sadness as we all waited (and some are still waiting MUCH longer than me) for our MXs. So here is what's happened:

- I received a text saying I had a VIN, to please finish all of the tasks such as providing insurance and payment.
- I called Tesla and told them to switch my account from cash payment to loan and take off FSD. They changed the loan part but the FSD part is still there. Not sure how long it takes to come off.
- I entered my bank info for the loan and submitted it. Also submitted my trade-in (M3 LR which so far has a 35K offer from GiveMeTheVIN. Taking it to CarMax tomorrow).
- I called back and asked if I wasn't able to be here next week, how long could they hold it for me. They said 72 hours is policy. If I don't come pick it up when THEY are ready and 72 hours pass, the car is going to someone else here in Houston. So now trying to figure things out . Maybe do a power of attorney to have my in-laws pick it up (but they don't know Teslas and will suck at inspecting it).
- Insurance isn't cheap. Gonna continue to shop.

Ordered 1/27/21
LR | White Ext | Black Int | 22"
My RN is RN1144194XX
My new VIN is 7SAXCBE51NF3321XX
Odometer reads 33 miles according to MVPA.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! It's been a long time coming and gives the rest of us hope. If @Stro can VIN so can we!

GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
Who knows? It could be a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: Stro

Ugh. You’re a saint. I would be lighting something on fire.

HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just read this further down after the Geico comment.... Oh forget it - WE ARE NEVER GETTING THESE CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Hey guys I got my model X and I’m looking to sell… wasn’t the plan but if anyone is interested hit me up. Wife hates the yoke :/
DEC315A6-64E5-45BD-AF39-2F9AEC720BEA.jpeg

@Stro you are the symbol and role model for us all. When I read earlier today that you *FINALY* became a vinner, I was overjoyed. Like everyone else here I was elated. If you can get your car, maybe we all can have some hope. I was going to boast that I'd predicted good news by Feb1, and at the time, I thought I was only one day off...

Then you had a schedule issue, a FSD issue, and finally a double booked VIN. If this doesn't typify the "Wait for the X 20/21/22 tour" I don't know what else could.

Thank you for being a good human. Things have a funny way of working out. (Or is it, "No good deed goes unpunished?") I can never remember which one applies....

If I wasn't several months behind you with a pending 7 seat order, I'd give you my spot if I could.

Can you imagine how sweet it is going to be once you finally get it???

PS When the agent was groveling, you probably should have asked for a REAL FSD resolution...

Then you had a schedule issue, a FSD issue, and finally a double booked VIN.
Likely, the sales agent just didn’t like the frequent changes in the configuration and issues with the payment and, probably, seeming indecision of the buyer. I’m absolutely sure all September customers already received their 6 seaters. Only 5 and 7 seater orders still originate in 2020.

When you read a story like Stro’s — on top of all of the indignities Tesla has wrought on its customers as documented in this thread — it really does make you deeply question whether we should be giving this company our business. Almost everyone I interact with on an individual level is wonderfully gracious yet the company from the top seems to wreak of arrogant disregard for anyone but itself. It’s really a shame that it has to be this way. At the moment it’s hard to know what to do, maybe with the perspective of time the answer will be clear….

When you read a story like Stro’s — on top of all of the indignities Tesla has wrought on its customers as documented in this thread — it really does make you deeply question whether we should be giving this company our business. Almost everyone I interact with on an individual level is wonderfully gracious yet the company from the top seems to wreak of arrogant disregard for anyone but itself. It’s really a shame that it has to be this way. At the moment it’s hard to know what to do, maybe with the perspective of time the answer will be clear….
And to make matters worse, this is how they treat customers who are spending 100 - 150k lol… the arrogance of these a-holes is just really maddening. I really wish the charging infrastructure would catch up already… I think it’s going to take the government to step in and decide that they are really serious about EV adoption…. Not this BS horse and pony show they have going on just for headlines and photo ops.