Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why people think the date range EDDs mean anything. I have Feb 6-11 and don’t expect crap this month. And I’m even in a priority list. We all know how good those are.
Hope springs eternal.
1644109151932.jpeg

I think you're right about that. The one VIN I rejected had all of the plastic washed with something that looked like a harsh solvent. Tons of wipe marks and streaks that made it look like the plastic was permanently damaged.

Seriously, the car looked like *sugar*. I don't understand how this stuff even happens at all, let alone to multiple deliveries.
Yeah that’s why I was saying they should be able to spring $150 on actual detailing..like by an outside person who is competent. It’s crazy that they’re damaging vehicles and doing a crappy job of the cleaning to boot.

Here's an update. It's getting more and more real now.

Recap:
- Ordered Dec 9, 2020 | White exterior, Cream Interior, 22 inch wheels, no FSD
- Refreshed announced and was forced to accept new changes to my configuration for $10,000 more, but was promised a $2,000 discount
- Asked in October 2021 to change from 7 seats to 6 seats
- On Jan 23, 2021 VIN was assigned, received notification from a text
- On Jan 28, received a text to schedule my delivery
- I called my flakey local SA and I told him that I will be out of town for business for 6 weeks. He asked if I can reschedule my business travel. I wanted to say to him if he wanted to pay my salary for missing those days. In MA it is required that both registrants be present to sign for the vehicle, because of this, I took my name off of everything
- I ordered the snow tire winter package, I asked the local Tesla delivery center, worst case if we can leave the car there so we can get winter tires. They told me no. I advised my wife if she doesn't feel comfortable driving back home, to call a tow truck and have them deliver it to our house. Fortunately for her, the weather looks good
- I called Tesla and asked when will I see the $2,000 discount and they said 72 hours prior to delivery

Present:
I was just casually checking the MVPA today and the $2,000 discount showed up. Look at Section 1, Part C.

Do you guys suggest I pay now or pay after final inspection from the end user?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Image 2-6-22 at 09.50.jpg
    Image 2-6-22 at 09.50.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 68

Recap:
- Ordered Dec 9, 2020 | White exterior, Cream Interior, 22 inch wheels, no FSD
- Refreshed announced and was forced to accept new changes to my configuration for $10,000 more, but was promised a $2,000 discount
- Asked in October 2021 to change from 7 seats to 6 seats
- On Jan 23, 2021 VIN was assigned, received notification from a text
- On Jan 28, received a text to schedule my delivery
- I called my flakey local SA and I told him that I will be out of town for business for 6 weeks. He asked if I can reschedule my business travel. I wanted to say to him if he wanted to pay my salary for missing those days. In MA it is required that both registrants be present to sign for the vehicle, because of this, I took my name off of everything
- I ordered the snow tire winter package, I asked the local Tesla delivery center, worst case if we can leave the car there so we can get winter tires. They told me no. I advised my wife if she doesn't feel comfortable driving back home, to call a tow truck and have them deliver it to our house. Fortunately for her, the weather looks good
- I called Tesla and asked when will I see the $2,000 discount and they said 72 hours prior to delivery

Present:
I was just casually checking the MVPA today and the $2,000 discount showed up. Look at Section 1, Part C.

Thank you.
I wouldn't pay anything until you're sitting in the X and can confirm it's actually yours to drive away with. There are people that have paid the previous day before picking up their X only for Tesla to assign said vehicle to someone else.

Present:

Thank you.
I would recommend that you pay for the car about 48 hours prior to taking delivery (you don't say when that is...) Your wife's taking delivery as you are out of town - let her focus on taking possession of the car, taking pictures of the entire thing inside and out (Any issues within the 1st 100 miles are responsibility of Tesla - so, just have her take lots of pictures (paint, weatherstrip, frunk and FWD open and closed, interior, seats, dash, etc...)

Once you review the pictures, you and her can discuss and then submit a service appointment to fix anything that you don't like. By the way, while she is at the delivery center, if she notices anything significant - there are employees there that can either make minor adjustments or advise her.

I have taken delivery of two cars from them - they are great at providing follow up service - So, I am confident they will resolve any mechanical type of issues (I have been fortunate and have not had any paint issues - which I would hate to repaint a panel.... )

Others on the forum may not agree - but it has worked out for me... that's why I keep buying the cars...

I’ll end up in the Most Wanted list if they keep screwing me.
When November and even January orders are being completed it's absolutely an insult to the rest of us who are sitting on a year or more of waiting for something. No disparaging toward the new owners, but Tesla is essentially telling us we're not a priority to them - at all.

I tell you: by that time, we’ll get flying saucers made by Tesla!
You know, the crazy thing is, if Tesla came out with actual flying saucers, I would order one and would be waiting in a CyberSaucer forum while Tesla finalized mass production facility for the Teslabot — while Fremont, where CyberSaucer antigravity engines would be made — would be put on the back burner…..

Great news!

My EDD finally changed today! Ordered early November 2021. Plaid, red, white interior, 20", FSD. Florida. EDD on the website when ordering was August. EDD was August ever since November but today it changed to February 22 - March 13!!

Btw, I used to read this thread every day back on pages 300-500 but then I stopped lmao. Back again
View attachment 765442
I ordered 11/11. This happened to me for a week and went back to August

Reactions: 1pinhigh