Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 44827109-A719-4A4C-A325-CB2B207438B3.jpeg
    44827109-A719-4A4C-A325-CB2B207438B3.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 134
Still out of the country but just as a promised update, a friend was able to take delivery of my plaid X which arrived with three days notice. I caved and used Tesla financing to expedite these very complicated proceedings from afar. Went against all advice and transferred funds for the down payment before I left, really had no choice other than to let it go….Not a happy X buyer….Delivery was actually on time and I was able to find Wi-Fi in Egypt long enough to log into the app after several tries and unlock my new X’ doors remotely which was the key delivery step. Key cards inside and a pair of unmatched remotes. Seriously. The doors looked aligned but there were some trim scratches and scuffs that need replacing and buffing. I instructed my friend to leave the car for them to do the necessary repairs which caused a good deal of laughter at my stupid customer service expectations. Basically, forget that , make a service appointment on the app like everyone else and goodbye until we say you can bring it back for service. So I made a service appointment like I was told and my friend took the car home.. Apparently the thought of them taking care of delivery issues by leaving the car with them was hilarious.. I personally didn’t find it very amusing…. So got on the app and set up my appointment as I was told and made arrangements to have the car taken in while I was gone . 3 days later I received an “update” from my Tesla service Team moving my appointment by a week for absolutely no stated reason. Take it or leave it.. So I did as I was told and arranged for the car to be taken in on the new day by another friend.. Today I received another “update” from my friends on my Tesla Service Team moving my appointment to February 23 for my convenience….. no one to call or complain to, just do what they say and be happy they lower themselves to dealing with me at all. So I am anxiously awaiting my next update and or screwing by Tesla for my loyalty and 135K contribution to their success. It just keeps getting better and better. At least Stroh is getting his car….

743475B8-00A1-4156-AEF0-8F970BD46FEE.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26 and Stro
Long time lurker..
Received our Blue MX LR dropped off at our house yesterday. Haven't decided to reject or not but leaning towards it.
Here's some pictures for anyone who wants reference.
Do you agree to reject?
Hard to tell but some of that kind of seems like dirt and\or glue residue from the wrap during transport. I had to clean a lot of that off when i took delivery of my '18 Model 3.

I think the decision to reject is going to more based on if you don't mind waiting another month or two.

The misalignments don't have me as concerned. Its the amount of paint work across different panels of the car. I'm also curious how they would even fix this window section

Do you have a picture of the corresponding window section on the other side of the car for comparison? My delivery if it holds is next weekend. I’m trying to plan ahead.

Reactions: Elixir
Long time lurker..
Received our Blue MX LR dropped off at our house yesterday. Haven't decided to reject or not but leaning towards it.
Here's some pictures for anyone who wants reference.
Do you agree to reject?
I’d ask if they can guarantee fixing it. But holy crap, i cannot believe they had the guts to deliver this, in this condition. There was zero effort on this one. Off the truck and into your driveway, from factory.