Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the old tail lights with the center strip that says Tesla going into the taillights looks much nicer. I cant tell the difference between the old and new taillights. What do others think of these changes?
I don’t know why but I hate the Tesla strip. I much prefer the clean rear of the Y. Having said that, I prefer the black to this new body color strip. This just looks like they were lazy and didn’t take the time to redesign the strip out.

Reactions: TJPDX
This looks like a really good alternative. Thanks for sharing.
To be fair, if Tesla advertised an SUV like this, I’d be over the moon. Ok and make it just two feet longer. 🤓 Well I’d really want 450+ miles range for cold weather/towing range of ~200 miles. 🤣

But is Rivian actually producing to any significant degree? And almost even more importantly, what’s Rivian’s degree of obsession with building out the Rivian supercharging-equivalent network? And then safety. And FSD. And…

EVEN SO… I didn’t realize Rivian R1S offers 7 seats. I am in love. I mean, I really loved the Nikola off-road electric 4-wheeler that never happened…

Yes, Elon, please make a big SUV. Because I don’t see this actually happening at any level. Kthxbie.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
To be fair, if Tesla advertised an SUV like this, I’d be over the moon. Ok and make it just two feet longer. 🤓 Well I’d really want 450+ miles range for cold weather/towing range of ~200 miles. 🤣

But is Rivian actually producing to any significant degree? And almost even more importantly, what’s Rivian’s degree of obsession with building out the Rivian supercharging-equivalent network? And then safety. And FSD. And…

EVEN SO… I didn’t realize Rivian R1S offers 7 seats. I am in love. I mean, I really loved the Nikola off-road electric 4-wheeler that never happened…

Yes, Elon, please make a big SUV. Because I don’t see this actually happening at any level. Kthxbie.
I imagine they’ll do something with the cybertruck platform in a similar way to R1T and R1S

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
The small charging port looked much cooler :(
I gotta say, when we got the Y, I thought the big charge port cover was ugly. I consoled myself that at least Tesla isn’t moronic and hides it in the reflector (unlike other mfrs who make an ugly cut-out in the body paneling).

But… over time, I noticed that I began to see the small charge port cover of the S/X as ugly. 🤣
Feelings are so whimsical.

Found my car. Few issues.

59C7B63B-197E-4E3B-85AC-404A8C258759.jpeg

2F37BBCC-6D5C-4C76-85DA-6BC8B640D205.jpeg

F5E03290-9DFE-4DCB-A241-B4FC9939C0FE.jpeg

So not terrible but I told them they need to fix those minor things before my delivery. Which by the way, was moved to tomorrow.

Attachments

• 4896EBC2-144F-4383-8404-B55332BC5B2F.jpeg
    4896EBC2-144F-4383-8404-B55332BC5B2F.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 106
It says everything about Tesla's ability to reliably deliver a complete, blemish-free product. If they can't do that on one of their flagship models, then I don't expect that they can do it at all.

I get that a lot of folks don't care about that, but I do.
They are delivering Model Ys in an increasingly pristine condition and at an increasingly massive scale.

I think it just says that Tesla really never was about making niche products for 1%ers but rather about elevating the standard of living to electric transportation for the average person.

Tesla doesn’t hate us they just have bigger fish to fry.

I am going to be a little disappointed if they do end up modifying the headlights and taillights and change the charging port anytime soon. They just started really delivering the refreshed Xs, and then there’s another refresh on top of it? Probably should’ve made those changes and implemented them in the months they took off from producing any Xs.

Reactions: 1pinhigh

They seem to be doing most of what Tesla is doing, at least the good parts, but are 5+ years behind. Definitely an early adopter situation, but Rivian seems to have the attitude that they want to please you, while Tesla at the moment is acting like you're lucky if they give you the opportunity to drive one of their vehicles. And I'm so burned out with Elon as a personality (last week was just embarrassing to have one of these cars on order).

Found my car. Few issues.

View attachment 771388
View attachment 771390
View attachment 771391

So not terrible but I told them they need to fix those minor things before my delivery. Which by the way, was moved to tomorrow.
For an exterior this actually looks surprisingly good for a refreshed Model X (it would still be bad for basically any other brand of car, of course).

Jury is still out on the interior I assume (since you didn't get to open it). Were you able to spot the yoke worm?

For the Atlanta crew, I checked out 2 MXs at the Roswell SC.

MXP Black/Black
MXLR Red/Cream

Both were 2022 models.

The black MXP might have been rejected. It had an owner name and delivery date on dash. Supposed to have been delivered yesterday. It had paint damage around passenger taillight.
Ohh that's my pickup location. Was there a blue X with cream interior anywhere? I'm hoping they forgot to text me about picking it up.😂